Tyne Wear Metro

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Chewy28, May 22, 2019.

1. Chewy28

Chewy28 New Member

hi all this is my first post in a long time and any help along the way i would be really greatful

many years ago i remember train simulator talking about possible routes and noticed tyne wear metro came up and used to having family up in the north i was really excited that the metro was talked about but i also understand nothing ever happened

has there ever been anymore talk about this being made a possible route by tsw or ts or is ts part of tsw
    as i still have many ts installed

2. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

It’s a possible route

3. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

We don't really know what routes they're making until pretty close to release.

I do remember someone suggesting this route for TSW (https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/tsw-route-proposal-tyne-wear-metro.2798/) and Jay, the former coomunity manager at DTG (who has since retired), saying this:

If his pushiness was successful before he left, we won't know for a while, but at least we know it was at least presumably mentioned about a year ago. We don't really know how long it takes DTG to go from an idea to a finished route, and I would assume it would take longer than the many months they already spend developing them as they probably have to wait until one route is finished before they have enough time to even start another, but who knows, it's possible.

4. Chewy28

Chewy28 New Member

i think it would be made alot better and look better by tsw than if it had became a standed train simulator route

1 state or 2 stage build? sunderland - airport pelaw - st james

5. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Actually literally just a minute ago on the devstream, Matt said they plan routes 1-2 years in advance for TSW... so if the Tyne Wear Metro is planned, it could still be a while.

Just some more information.

6. Chewy28

Chewy28 New Member

ouch but thanks for saying :)

7. matthewthompson.210685

matthewthompson.210685 New Member

We need metro Tyne and wear 2

8. ralphy_porter2000

ralphy_porter2000 Active Member

I think the route was more interesting in 70s tbh.
    If you play ts2020 Northern Rails is a very nice route with the Tyneside loop and the South Shields branch.
    IMHO BR days = more varied stock and I dont want to look at the same stock over and over on a route.

9. subwayvaughn

subwayvaughn Active Member

I would also like to see the Tyne and Wear Metro. It was one of my favorite routes when I played Trainz 2010, and it was a very popular freeware download with the community. It would be a fine addy on TSW2 with it's superb graphics.