More Information On Service Mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Reeon1999, May 2, 2019.

1. Reeon1999

Reeon1999 Active Member

In the list of all the services available to drive there could be a drop down or a button for more information. It would let the player know what service the train doing the selected service was doing before and after the one the player selected. It would then give the option to select one of the earlier or later services. Just as an example, most services on the MSB route terminate at either end of the route, with this feature the player could see what services they can expect the selected service to do once they've completed their selected service and they could even select an earlier service and do the first selected service as the return service. Additionally to this instead of just saying "this service will start at XX:XX" once a service has been completed and the player is still sat in the cab, why not name the service the train will be doing and also let the player know if it's driveable or not. For example, once you arrive in reading with a class 166 and finished the service it would tell you if the next service isn't available for the player to drive.

• Like Like x 9
  2. MaddMo

MaddMo New Member

Seems like a easy feature to add.. I would definitely appreciate it

3. Sparrow-hawk

Sparrow-hawk New Member

I think, that you may add rail station names to the mini map in to selection screen for service mode. Also you may add a random weather preset. And I think that we should take the passengers on board on the first station, and we should have a little more time for setup the train.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

I hate bringing a class 166 out of Reading depot and sitting at Reading station for about 7 minutes to then be told to exit the vehicle.

5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It does. It will say “Alight here”

6. Reeon1999

Reeon1999 Active Member

It says alight here, at least for GWE once the next service has started and not when you finish your service. So you can stay in the 166 waiting to take it to out again but be told after waiting for the next service to start to alight. That is why in the service mode selection screen it would be nice if it told the player what service that unit did before and after the chosen service so you can maybe choose to take the train out of the depot first for example.

• Like Like x 1
  7. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

I got bit by that lol. Now with services like that, I just do it and exit to main menu lol