Confirmed - No Editor Willbe Released For Consoles.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Wolfy, May 25, 2019.

1. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

On the Tees Valley Line dev stream yesterday, Matt confirmed that the TSW editor will not be released on consoles.

Routes and scenarios created on PC editor "might" be playable on consoles, but not confirmed.

Can't remember the exact point in the video where he mentioned it, but am pretty sure it was while Dmitri was driving the class 101 near the end of the stream.

So unless you like endlessly replaying tutorials, scenarios and services on TSW routes, i think there might be a lot of bored console owners soon.... Time to buy a PC guys.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

At least we have a chance on getting the new routes.

3. Retrovertigo

Retrovertigo Member

Well that is disappointing to say the least. We've seen what Fallout was capable of with mods etc, so it is a shame they won't/can't put the effort into this? It is an expensive venture buying all the DLC for this game, and it would have been nice to have had a way to greatly extend the life of it. As it stands, I think I'll hold off buying any future DLC until it's in the sale.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised really, as they haven't even put any effort into getting the enhanced X version running, despite it being listed as an enhanced game at launch.

4. russianchip

russianchip Guest

Totally agree, I hold off buying DLC until it comes on sale. Forza Horizon 4 is stunning on One X and 4k TV and would love this to be close to that. I don't want to buy DLC that has fuzzy track 3 metres in front, struggles when a freight train gets in view and has scenery popping up when you get close. I know we've come a long way since Southern Belle and Evening Star, but with what's out and enhanced this has a way to go.

I know there is time and effort in each hand layed piece of track but rather than DLC routes and loco's sort out what's there.

5. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Though he mentioned it in the stream it isn’t new news. Matt has mentioned it several times. Certainly won’t be buying a pc anytime soon that’s for sure

• Like Like x 2
  6. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Exactly. It all has been said before regarding to that, so its nothing new. I hope they still work out a system for reskins / scenarios in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  7. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

They will I should think. Bethesda managed to create a way for console players to have mods. And since ps4 and xb1 are like low end PCs, it shouldn't be that difficult

8. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

As far as I know, these mods are checked and certified by the game's publisher to make sure that there is no copyrighted content. This is kind of an issue with reskins and it also means that releases and updates of workshop content will be delayed (just imagine the effort required to check every single scenario to make sure that the creator haven't bundled in a copyrighted reskin).

9. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

I don't expect console users will get any reskins or additional locos, but new scenarios, services etc.

10. Theangrywelshmab

Theangrywelshmab Member

Why dont they do a process for community routes like farming sim ? so console players can try the new community routes etc

11. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

He said they might be able to get the routes and loco's but not make them. But then again that's just a might.

12. TerryBalldriver

TerryBalldriver Member

I'm interested to know if TSW would look and perform better on say a £1000 PC (recommended game spec). I currently own TSW on XBox one X and enjoy the game but have been disappointed in frame rate and pop up. Forza Horizon 4 looks and performs great in an open landscape. Is it because Forza produced by Turn 10 has a bigger budget? Any thoughts?

13. TerryBalldriver

TerryBalldriver Member

Actually after reading some PC forums, performance seems a minefield. I think I stick with XBox one least its the same for everyone.

14. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

Nothing of new, basically it’s pretty obliviously, due unreal editor run ONLY in Windows com
    If that option will be possible I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of route will be too much resorces intensive for consoles

15. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I think it was more of a concern with copyrighted assets appearing in routes under the DTG brand, than the machines ability to play them.

16. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but what assets should be copyrighted? I mean I don’t think that there are copyrighted assets

17. redgor thenoob

redgor thenoob Member

Different train companies that dtg don't have licences for. Certain stretches of railway that they don't have permission to run. There is a multitude of different things they may not be able to release/produce.