PC Tsw Heavy Haul, Observations On The Latest Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rwaday, May 24, 2019.

1. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

I still have issues with color, both scenery and rolling stock still not correct. I am still having to make corrections through NVIDIA control panel. Diesel exhaust going through traffic bridges, sparkles around some locomotive handrails and locomotive and freight car trucks. Not trying to be a rivet counter but IMHO after 2 years of mostly European and passenger DLC this seems to be a placation to those who purchased when first released and have given up on it. Yes there is a bit of improvement in the physics. The AC4400 is still not correct as to train brake pressure propagation. There is absolutely no train slack physics, even TS2019 has this. I don't see steam running on this in the foreseeable future because of the physics involved with it. I do not have the ultimate gaming system but it certainly can not be considered a potato so it should run this well. I'll give the update a 3 out of 5. I think that I will park this in the shed and bring it out for the holidays. This is most likely the last and best attempt on Heavy Haul.
    Still strong on TS2019. Huuu Rah!

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

There is is indeed slack.

• Like Like x 3
  3. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Color, or should I say the tone and brightness is much improved for me atleast on both my Laptop and Desktop installs. The correction of the tunnel lighting is greatly appreciated.
    Train handling is vastly improved over the original, haven’t noticed any real niggles yet, but to be honest, haven’t thoroughly teased Heavy Haul, just ran one service since TVL is drawing my attention.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  4. mokady

mokady Member

What do You mean by " train brake pressure propagation"??? There is small delay in applying brakes and releasing them and loco gauges wont give you info about pressure in the middle of your train (mostly because we have short consist with only 50 cars and power america scenario has 3 locos which is total overkill). I myself are a bit spectical about car brakes physics because when You apply 100% brakes at 50 loaded coal cars and go notch 8, train will start accelerate very rapidly (3 locos like I said before is total overkill but it is strange how fast You can accelerate).

There is slack physics and I think it is only DLC that has it. (You can clearly see how couplers work in CSX). Because of slack train cars can start oscillating which is dengerous in real life when You have tank cars with fluids.

Physics has improved vastly especially when You drive SD40-2 or GP-38/40 beacuse now finally they have limited power. AC44CW is also HUGE improvement. (only thing is how fast it loads up when accelerating - some people say this GE model is very slow in real life).

Also did somebody tested if achievements were fixed??? I need to complete all services again becasue it was bugged but wont do it unless I know they fixed it.

All in all CSX: HH after this update is best freight DLC this game has to offer. Best route, best physicsx, best detail in graphics and sound.
    To bad we had to wait like 2,5 years :(

Edit:
    Did some more testing with "train brake pressure propagation".
    In Ice and Snow scenario when You have 4x SD40-2 and 60 cars:
    From 0% to 100% brake watching last 60th car:
    - After 5 secs it stops rolling - slack shows up
    - After 35 secs it starts braking

From 100% to 0% watching last car:
    - need around 60 seconds to release brakes fully
    - need a lot more than 60 secs to rise brike pipe pressure to 90 psi at EOD
    When starting accelerating from full stop:
    - last car starts rolling after 7 secs

So there is extensive slack physics and air propagation thru the train is fine right now.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

So far I very happy with the way it is has turned out the new changes are much better. The looks and feel of the loco's is much better than what it had been, and the scenery is also much better. The light in tunnels also is much better looks a lot better.

• Like Like x 2
  6. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

I think we can all agree, at least, that it was an update for the better, no matter how we all individually feel about the update.

• Like Like x 11
  7. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

Yea but... New us dlc...

8. mokady

mokady Member

If they keep detail level of CSX:HH in new US route and add even more than it will be by far best DLC. After patch I started playing like crazy CSX again and I even managed to forgot how detailed it was in comparison with DB and UK DLCs.

I know what I want and what You guys want : big f.... trains with 6 locos on radio control with 300 cars going notch 8 up steep grade but I dont know if DTG knows it....
    If next US route will suck than I switch to Run 8 for freight gameplay for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  9. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

I hope the next US has both freight and Amtrak. Its nice to roll past a freight train while a passenger. Unfortunate they took most of the trains in the sidings away in NEC. Some superliner cars would be amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  10. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

Sand Patch is much better now and for me the best line on TSW currently.
    I finally enjoy playing on this line.
    I’m really looking forward to seeing the next US line.

thank you very much DTG for this update , continue like this and TSW will become the best train simu for me.

• Like Like x 2
  11. rina2727

rina2727 New Member

please guys
    Can it be downloaded in a 4gb ram pc

12. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Please, take a step back and look at the title of this thread. Now reconsider if your question has anything to do with the thread.
    Next time please go to the support section and ask your question there

• Like Like x 1
  13. Saint Aggressor

Saint Aggressor New Member

530070_screenshots_20190609190955_1.jpg It certainly looks a hell of alot better than what it was. Very good job thank you to Dtg for this update as I love the heavy haul route :)

14. Dakota

Dakota Member

I am also happy with the improvements. Remember this is a train driving simulator not a beauty contest.

• Like Like x 2