Tsw Do You Buy New Dlc Now,on Sale Or Never?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHINO BAZ, May 26, 2019.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

With new routes costing 30.00(or your curreny conversion amount)and locos costing 20.00,and the upcomning br heavy frieght pack costing $$.00?.How do you decide what about any route if you should buy it?Did you buy every route upon release or do wait for it to reach a sale price you can live with.So far the german routes seem to be the biggest winners with great routes and top notch extra locos,that come with extra rolling stock and many of the loco have been shared among the 3 german routes,the uk route locos also share a few locos but only by buying new routes,the class 47 for example is on 2 uk routes and boy is it genaric looking and the 101's don't get me stated on there issues,the 08 gonna be on 2 uk routes and at least it's way more fun to use,the frieght pack will give ntp a big boost and may overshadow tvl because of the wide aray of new driving options(and locos including the 47).the usa is clearly lagging behind the others so hopefully it will someday get a content boost itself.

I have all german routes and extra locos as for uk i have WS got it a 1/2 off(don't have 33 or 52 yet) as for ntp when it goes on sale i want it and hfp because there a great combo,might get tvl later on sale,as for usa route will wait and see.we started with starter game which was on sale at 1/2 off which was RT/GWR/USA routes which are a good starter game set.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I haven’t hesitated with any of the UK stuff as that’s my area of interest. The German stuff has been take it or leave it with me. I got RSN on sale, but MSB I got full price and the two German locos recently I haven’t bothered with.

Going forward I’ll buy all the UK stuff and for the rest I’ll wait for sales if I buy it at all

• Like Like x 1
  3. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I only buy the routes and DLC that interest me... unfortunately, they all have struck my interest... :). Since I get many hours of entertainment from the DLC, the prices are not what I consider outlandish, but will wait for sales especially when several new DLC are hitting the store in rapid order. I get the one that interests me the most, run it till the others come on sale....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

If it's a route I'm really interested in I'll buy it. If not it's on sale or not at all.

5. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

I usually just buy a new route/loco when I get bored with stuff that I have. I usually buy routes when they are 40-50% off and locos for their full price.
    After 165 hours, I'm still not bored with what I have (base package, WSR, Class33) and there are still several thing that I haven't done yet and that I want to do before moving to something new.

6. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

I'll only buy a route right away if it's something I'm REALLY interested in. Usually only if it's somewhat local to where I live IRL. Other than that, I'll wait for a sale or not buy it at all, because I honestly think all of DTG's buggy broken rushed to production messes aren't worth the outrageous prices. Lol, bring on the downvotes! XD

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

It really depends on how busy I am doing other stuff and if I fancy a change playing what I already have. I'm in no hurry basically and prefer to wait for a deal for the items that interest me.

8. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

Been with the game since the official beta release and have purchased every bit of content for it released thus far with the pre-order discount, brand new. I've had my share of frustrations with this game like many others but also enjoy seeing it improve and exploring aspects of railroading I may never had much exposure to otherwise. I don't regret my purchases over the years.

9. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Completly with u on this,however i didnt get WSR, 20-25 mph isnt my thing

• Like Like x 1