Tvl Incorrect Destination Descriptions

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by TinTin_57, May 27, 2019.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

573DFBC6-D201-4CF1-BDE0-2674CF66EB64.jpeg not sure if this is on more than one service but as an example I ran class 37 service 6S11 and the description said I would go as far as Eaglescliffe. However it was a nice surprise to find I was routed all the way through to Darlington.

So the description is wrong for this service and perhaps maybe others.

Here’s a nice shot when I got to Darlington

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

It is the same on the PC version as well, it says to take as far as Eaglescliff but in fact the service actually ends at Darlington. I guess that whats happens when someone gets slap happy with copy and paste.

• Like Like x 3
  3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I was pleased. I thought the nearest we could get to Darlington in the 37 was in the scenario. A very pleasant surprise to get a longer run in.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Same here I have been very impressed with this route and having a lot of fun on it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

ive not tried that service yet. but it looks a nice surprise to have. i feel the 37 runs are too small only about 6 miles and either end of the runs you do 1 mile at 10 mph. the route seems a bit dead for an industrial and passenger route. for instance saltburn a seaside town when you arrive there the place is dead no passengers get off the trains no cars or buses,coaches about and no people in the high street. I would liked to have seen more AI traffic about, like when we go into the coal or steel industries as we are going in i would liked have seen a train coming out probably like a merry go round services. Maybe ive got used to the German routes which are busy places and feel busy. this is just my opinion and i do like this TVL route but it has not gone to the top of my favourites

• Like Like x 2
  6. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

I agree. Maybe it's realistic to have such low AI traffic, because the modern day route seems to be old and decrepit with closed stations. Also possible the person who did the service mode was the same person who did the LIRR one, and decided to omit half of the services that we typically see for performance purposes or other reasons. Perhaps the Pacer is coming soon, so the service mode is barren until Pacer services fill in the gaps? Either way, hopefully someone with more expertise in real life operations of TVL during this time period could give some insight on the accuracy of the service mode.

TVL is still a fantastic route with a lot of attention to detail and I would definitely recommend it, but it is definitely jarring driving MSB and then switching to other routes.

• Like Like x 2