Terminii - Locomotive Release Operations

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jez, May 28, 2019.

1. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

I always liked watching the movements associated with turning around locomotive hauled passenger services at terminus stations. By this I mean non push-pull services whereby a locomotive is released by a departing service and that locomotive then goes to a stabling point/depot or is used to haul another service out of the station.

The advent of multiple units and push/pull services made these operations redundant so it's kind of route and stock dependent.

Apologies if this happens on the US and German routes (I don't play those) but it would fit in nicely with NTP if an extension to Liverpool Lime Street was added as an example.

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

On German and USA routes this doesn't happen in TSW at least. On NEC they don't couple or decouple on the piece of route included, and on German routes they don't do that as well. (German Doppelstockwagens are most of the time coupled since they can drive both directions).

Considering NTP, this would be a neat idea! I have seen it a couple of times and it looks absolutely awesome seeing a single locomotive drive to the other end of the consist of coaches :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

What you've described is running around, which could be done at Leeds or Manchester Victoria on NTP if the service terminated there.

What I'm describing is the situation where the locomotive is trapped until the coaches it brought in are taken out by another locomotive at the other end of the stock. The previous trapped locomotive then runs light engine out of the terminus to either run back in to couple up to another train or get stabled/refuelled etc.

• Like Like x 2