Long Loading Screen After Update 1.15

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Sparmi, May 30, 2019.

1. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

If I want to start the game there is a very long loading screen with the Dovetail Logo. Even on the PS4 Pro. It takes nearly 5 minutes to get into the game. May be TSW is getting to big with all its DLCs, so the loading time increases...
    Furthermore the BR 155 has still no correct mileage display in the menu. I've been driving her for a few hours now and the display shows 0 km, in contrast to all other locomotives.

• Like Like x 2
  2. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

Is the hard drive it's installed on nearly full? If so, that can cause load times to be slower.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hyperdix

Hyperdix New Member

Hi, i do have the same issue though. It's just with the new update, and the HDD is just fine. Got a 4TB and there is plenty of space. The update must have something ruined with the load up screens of TSW. :/

• Like Like x 2
  4. Joe-c127

Joe-c127 Member

I'm experiencing the same thing,what would've normally taken about 1-2 mins in the Dovetail logo screen is taking longer.and it didn't happen before the latest update.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. The first "Train Simuator" from Microsoft had the same problem: the more DLCs the slower the loading screen on PC. But I think the PS4 and TSW have a different system architecture to deal with this problems. Caused through high res textures and extra content nowdays games can reach easily 100 GB and more. For example Gran Turismo currently has 103 GB and the loading screen takes the same time as ever...

• Like Like x 1
  6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Yes normally it’s a minute or two but after yesterday’s patch it was about 5 mins. I only launched once after the patch though, was it perhaps rebuilding something post patch or is it now doing this after every launch?

• Like Like x 1
  7. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

The same thing is with me after the last update! :(

8. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, thanks for letting us know. This is definitely unusual.

We are aware of the issue and looking into it. The game will still load after some time, loading times will vary, but please do let us know if it takes longer than 3-5 minutes.

Again, we are looking into it right now. Apologies for any inconvenience, I will keep you updated.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

it wasn't the white screen for me but the black screen after it. im going to load it up again and see how long it takes this time

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i just reloaded again and it took 4 mins for the white screen to disappear and 2 mins for the black screen after it to disappear. All in all more or less 6-7 mins to load up

• Like Like x 2
  11. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

Thanks Dmitri! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. idiosis

idiosis Member

Can we get that first DTG splash screen changed to a dark background at some point? Burns the retinas a wee bit.

• Like Like x 2
  13. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

FYI, we identified the issue with slow loading on PS4, but we will need at least a day to get a patch ready and certified. Regarding issues with scenarios on NTP, we will look closer at it - scenarios themselves haven't changed but signaling did change after the update which may be causing issues. It is likely that a patch will be ready early next week.

• Like Like x 4
  14. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

FYI the latest patch released today DID NOT fix the loading times, in fact they're worse. 10 minutes stuck on the white DTG screen burning my eyeballs. Gave up and turned it off. Fix this asap, hundreds of dollars worth of DLC going to waste. Infuriating.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Punks77487

Punks77487 New Member

Same problem with the long loading screen it's like going back to the ZX Spectrum days using cassette tapes to load games

• Like Like x 1
  16. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

Apart from the game is much better at the end of the wait...

• Like Like x 2