PlayStation The American Dlc Debate

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LiquidShadows, May 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

I've spent close to an hour collecting data about the release dates, quantity, and locations of every DLC since the July 24th, 2018 launch on PS4. So because I'm tired of arguing with people, I thought I'd show everyone PROOF of the unfair ratio of U.K. & Germany versus America.
    Here are the facts:

-- NEC: New York --
    Date: July 24th, 2018
    Loco's: GP38-2, GP40-2, ACS-64

-- Long Island Rail Road --
    Date: November 27th, 2018
    Loco's: M7

-- Great Western Express --
    Loco's: BR Class 43 HST, BR Class 66, BR Class 166

-- West Somerset Railway --
    Date: September 11th, 2018
    Loco's: BR Class 09, BR Class 47

-- Northern Trans-Pennine --
    Date: December 13th, 2018
    Loco's: BR Class 45, BR Class 47, BR Class 101

-- Tees Valley Line --
    Date: May 23rd, 2019
    Loco's: BR Class 08, BR Class 37, BR Class 101

-- Rapid Transit --
    Loco's: DB BR 1442

-- Ruhr Sieg Nord --
    Date: October 9th, 2018
    Loco's: DB BR 143, DB BR 185

-- Main-Spessart Bahn --
    Date: March 12th, 2019
    Loco's: DB BR 146, DB BR 185

So...now the complete list of facts are available for everyone to see, proving my point once again that the American section is either forgotten or it's not a priority. That's a damn shame...

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  2. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

Or it proves Americans don't have a lot of patience ;) I'm just kidding, of course.

I think you're right with your list and the wait has been excruciating, but the next DLC will almost certainly be based in the US. On the other hand, wouldn't you rather have DTG spend the time they need on a great route, than rushing it and therefore be full of (more) bugs? They have stated multiple times that an American route is in development, and them taking their time with it suggests to me that it might be a longer route this time.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  3. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I think after the release of the coming soon BR Heavy Freight Pack the next American DLC will not take so long.

Perhaps DTG works on an impressive American route with freight and passenger services with heavy EMD Diesel locomotives.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Boyka91

Boyka91 Active Member

So you guys are sure that the next DLC is an American Route

5. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

No one can be sure of that. They certainly have US things in the works. They stated here somewhere in the PS4 forum that they havent forgotten the US.
    But they have different teams working on multiple content at the same time. If one route / Loco addon is ready they will release it. It could be the case that the next US route is longer than usual, more complex scenery wise or they just have run into some issues.

So it could well be that the next route is US but you cant be sure. Until there is an offical announcement it could be everything.

• Like Like x 5
  6. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

I agree, take as much time as they need to GET IT RIGHT. I'm tired of DLC that is full of bugs.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I did some quick numbers in this post - https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/16096/#post-76031
    My assumptions based on route release dates and other posts are:

1. Due to DTG being a UK-based company, they have better access to UK documentation than for the US routes. This results in app. 25% production for UK based routes.

2. 2nd party developer Meshtools helps with production of UK locos (Class 33, Class 45).
    Source - https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/meshtools-train-sim-world

3. Modern day routes are more difficult than historic routes. Developers can (and have to) get creative due to lack of source material.
    Source - https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/how-do-you-make-a-route.16286/#post-77898

I still believe the next American route will be released in June or early July.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Boyka91

Boyka91 Active Member

Wow sheesh thank you for the information and it makes a whole lot of since.

9. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

"Unfair" isn't the right word to use.
    Did you take part in the TSW feedback survey? Maybe the results of that have shown where they should prioritise development and releases?
    Or the stats from playing time?

Maybe the recent DLCs took less development time than a future American one?
    Maybe they want to perfect their game on consoles before releasing an ambitious American DLC?
    We have already seen improvements in the game for every DLC.

DTG have said that America has not been forgotten about. That should be good enough for now. After all, there was no promised American route at Launch, they have never detailed the next American route, so currently no-one is missing out.

I love forward to its arrival, but ''fairness" doesn't enter into it.

10. LiquidShadows

I actually DID take part in their survey on Twitter a couple weeks ago. While using the term "unfair" may have been a bit melodramatic and a clear byproduct of my annoyance, it's still frustrating to watch the U.K. & Germany get new track layouts and loco's on a fairly regular basis, especially considering that the U.S. hasn't had any new DLC's since Nov. 27th, 2018.

Look, I'm not bitching just to LOVE; I absolutely love this game and have played it for more hours than I care to admit. LOL! I also know about the supposed American route/loco in the works. Hell, I even made a screen copy of it. Simply put, all I'd really appreciate from DTG is if they would announce their next route or loco project and drop the occasional teaser to keep people excited.
    I get that most won't agree with me (oh well), but I truly believe this could possibly be a positive idea for their staff & team in the future.

*Edit/Update* - For some reason, my post is converting the word "b-i-t-c-h" into "LOVE". LOL!

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  11. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I have a strong feeling Dovetails going to balance out that ratio with a good chunk of America DLC coming up soon!

• Like Like x 1
  12. LiquidShadows

I seriously hope you're right, 'cause that would be some of the best Train Sim World news I've heard in almost 7 whole months.
    Wait...are you privy to certain American DLC info that you're squandering away, sir? LMAO JK

13. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Lol, DTG have been working a lot on German and U.K. routes. Whether it’s actual routes or locomotive DLC. They know that the community is waiting for some American DLC and with the good job they have been doing all around it just makes sense that they will be showing the USA some love.

• Like Like x 4
  14. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

I would like to see horseshoe curve or St Dennis it's a busy section of CSX traffic in MD. I wonder if DTG could get the license for CP rail? By it being Canadian based.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

LOL, just hold on we might get tehachapi loop or horseshoe curve.

• Like Like x 1