PlayStation Why Is All The News Being Released On Twitter

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dave Mel, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i want to know why all the news is being released on twitter only. why have a forum thats why i joined the see and hear about news and releases.
    i dont use twitter and i suspect a lot of us dont use it either. TVL news was released on twitter a few days before us on the forum and now NTP freight pack news was released on twitter a few days ago and not released on here.

SO why have a forum

• Like Like x 8
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

NTP Freight Live stream Friday as well which I saw on Twitter but not on here yet I believe (unless I just missed it)

• Like Like x 2
  3. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I found out about the live stream via facebook

4. Dave Mel

yep thanks tintin this is another thing thats pissing me off. they dont release news when they are going live. i have to rely on you to tell me. again its probably released on twitter.

i have nothing against twitter i just dont want to join it. i have youtube to watch and that other live place where i watch thats on the opening page on here .

• Like Like x 4
  5. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I have Twitter but likewise would never have Facebook. Maybe the forum updates are coming later

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dave Mel

yeah here again i suspect not many people use facebook for the crap thats on facebook.

i just dont understand why not tell us on the forum. i have to rely on the baseless speculation threads and other people to tell us the news thanks to them carry on the good work lads.

• Like Like x 2
  7. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I also check the site and these forums for new news. I wish they would announce here to us at least on the same day.

• Like Like x 2
  8. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

As someone who ignores 95% of unsocial media, I want to join the chorus of those who resent DTG's ignoring all who aren't twit(erer)s. Why have a forum if you're not going to use it?

• Like Like x 5
  9. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I agree 100% with you, I have neither a Twitter or Facebook account and for good reasons. These forums are supposed to be where info like that gets posted as well. And it should be posted here on the same day as what they post to Twitter/Facebook.

• Like Like x 4
  10. matthewbguilford

Trainsim-Dmtri I bet he could let us know or could at least make it aware that we are asking for this!

11. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

I also do not have Twitter and never will. Other developers use their forums for news and information, so why won't DTG. In my view, this is one more unhelpful thing about DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

What exactly, apart from the occasional stream announcement, wasn't announced on this forum?

13. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

I think Dave Mel is talking about the freight DLC release date. Maybe it was announced here, but I can't find it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy Member

So far I havn't been able to find this information out from any news articles relating to the freight dlc

- Pricing, I found out from a group on facebook (I dont follow TS on fb)
    - Release date, i found this out from facebook
    - Live stream, again facebook.

If I've missed it in the the article, please do point me in the right direction :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Pricing was done in a response on a thread a couple of days ago on here but I haven't seen an "announcement" as such
    There doesn't seem to be an official way of doing such things, they just respond to questions when they come up

• Like Like x 1
  16. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Pricing seems to be a commonly mentioned thing so I suppose we could include that in the release date announcement.
    Release date obviously should also be mentioned, I agree.
    Live streams we usually try to mention them but things can be forgotten.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

It's probably related to their 13,800 followers on Twitter. They have 224,000 followers on FB for info. No idea of the number of active members here but I'd guess it was less?

18. ARuscoe

Ensuring that relevant information is on all broadcast platforms would seem to make sense...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Agreed, but both Twitter and FB have far more reach than here. Notifications on apps for example. If I had to choose a means of getting a message out it wouldn't be on here.

20. ARuscoe

Multi-channel broadcasts are common nowadays and the message and info should be approximate

21. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Not fussed about it personally. Would have found out about cost eventually anyway. Seems many here simply can't wait and want all the information right now.

22. ARuscoe

I'm talking more about "best practice" rather than "what I want". Personally I don't care as I will buy it when I can afford it yada yada

• Like Like x 1
  23. matthewbguilford

I don’t think anyone here is mad this news gets announced on twitter but more that you would expect this news to be on the TSW home page at least on the same day.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

When people use terms like "pissed off" it sounds like people are mad about it. I'd say some people need to get a grip....or get Twitter.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

In addition to the things already mentioned, DTG do not always provide details of updates on this forum.

• Like Like x 2
  26. LastTrainToClarksville

Come on --- such as???????

27. LastTrainToClarksville

"All the news"? Really? Sounds like a claim that a certain orange twit-erer would make.

28. matthewbguilford

Hi, I will say for the NTP freight pack the release date was announced on Twitter and not even added to the official forum until it released, the release dates and other info has been announced on Twitter and has not been posted on the front page of TSW website or on forums. I think we just want a place we can check for new announcements or news the same day without having to be part of Twitter.

29. Boyka91

Boyka91 Active Member

I don’t see anything on twitter about anything being Announced

30. matthewbguilford

They didn’t announce anything recently. I’m talking about in the past.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

I wondered how long it would take for someone to make such a comment. I can only assume you are not a PS4 player or, undoubtedly, you would be aware of the situation.
    So, just for you and anyone else who is interested, here are some facts, restricted to the time from which the thread "Train Sim World Playstation Updates" was started in April 2019.
    This thread shows details of updates on 10 April, 17 April, 1 May, 20 May, 30 May, 5 May (which should read 5 June) and 20 June. The PS4 does not record updates by date but rather by version numbers and these updates equate to versions 1.10; 1.11; 1.12; 1.13; 1.15; 1.16 and 1.17.
    As you will see version 1.14 is missing from this list although the PS4 does show that such numbered update does exist and that it is bug fixes and optimizations without any further details.
    Despite being asked by various people in various threads, DTG has never supplied details of PS4 update version 1.14 on its website as far as I am aware. That is what my previous post in this thread refers to.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019