Br Heavy Freight Pack Out Now On Pc

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, Jun 6, 2019.

1. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

TSW_HFP_NO PLATFORM_1920x1080.jpg

The BR Heavy Freight Pack is out now! Featuring BR Classes 40 'Whistler', 08 'Gronk' and two new wagons, it will introduce classic heavy freight scenarios and services to the challenging Trans-Pennine grades.

Watch Trailer:

Shop Now:
    Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1010133

• Like Like x 7
  2. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

It’s very good in my opinion really adds a lot more life into NTP. Hope to see a BR blue class 37/0 for more substitution DLC.

• Like Like x 3
  3. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Have many more passenger services been included? I looked at an old 1983 timetable and there was approximately an hourly service at the time between Leeds and Manchester with more frequent shorter journeys at either end so I don't think the original service mode was probably reasonably accurate.

4. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

There are a few more passenger services I think but not many. There are more newspaper services and the heavy freight class 40 services and 11 shunting services

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. theorganist

That sounds good thanks for the information.. Probably wouldn't want too many more passenger services as it could become unrealistic. Glad there are more newspaper trains as they were a large part of BR traffic at the time.

6. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

i have done a few freight 40 services and the mix of freight and passenger services passing feels realistic. Obviously not so realistic around large areas like Manchester, Leeds, Huddersfield. Your old timetable is worth its weight in gold. They can be so hard to get hold of. And there are very few online resources for timetables of the 1980s National rail network . Once the Editor is available you can create your own scenarios and add other AI services, especially around the main areas.

• Like Like x 1
  7. theorganist

Great, can't wait to check it out. Think this will be my favourite route now, hopefully more loco (and DMU) DLC will follow.

My timetable is only a passenger national rail timetable, there are always some on ebay. I have very few working timetables, most of them from the steam period.

8. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Played a bit this morning. The 40 sounds really nice, never seen in the flesh but does YouTube vids justice.

Loving the different noseplate 'liveries' as well on the whistler

Oh and the vans and tankers are detailed nicely, especially the latter

• Like Like x 2
  9. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

Standedge tunnel is still broken with missing occlusion for a good stretch.

They also didn't fix the tunnel exit that keeps moving further back into the distance as you get close to it either.

So yeah... i just blew £12 on locomotive DLC for a DLC route that is still broken.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

Updates have patch notes if you want to see what they do and do not include:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/train-sim-world-pc-updates.15077/

• Like Like x 1
  11. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

You knew that the patch is independent of the Freight DLC, right? So you could have tested that beforehand and saved your money, if that's such a problem to you...

• Like Like x 4
  12. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

This pack's Steam Store page includes a link its manual, allowing potential purchasers to "read all about it" before ordering. Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first time that DTG has provided such a link, which can also be used to download a copy of the manual.

Thanks, DTG and Steam!

13. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

These are in every DLC store page, just on the side.

14. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

Just played an hour or two, and boy does this pack change the route entirely.

Everything feels like it's being used and in service, hope this will set a new example for what yards/sidings will look like in precedent and future DLC! Great job guys!

• Like Like x 4
  15. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I have the same feeling too if you do the shunting scenario you get to see more traffic at Leeds does add more atmosphere. I hope future service modes can have AI services to mainline stations to add more busyness.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ales.hnyk

ales.hnyk Member

Good work. I just regret that AWS is not working. Spoiled with TVL I miss AWS here.

• Like Like x 1
  17. theorganist

It wasn't fitted to this route in 1983 so it is accurate. However I must admit I do enjoy hearing the bells and the horn sounding so I wouldn't have minded them fitting it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. raildan

Remember that this route didn't have AWS in real life in 1983, so the lack of AWS is accurate.

I'm still going to wait for a sale this time (I try to do that with all loco DLC), but I most definitely will buy this- really looking forward to the service mode, if it's as good as everyone's saying it is.

• Like Like x 1
  19. LastTrainToClarksville

Yet another unfounded complaint by those who don't bother to activate their brains before criticizing DTG. Enough, already!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. raildan

In their defense they might not have meant that the route realistically should have AWS, just that they were used to it.

• Like Like x 1
  21. LastTrainToClarksville

Although this add-on doesn't include a lot of new rolling stock, it offers a multitude of well-crafted activities that feature plenty of complex shunting. Together with the recently released TVL, this pack is exactly the kind of DLC I've been hoping for from TSW. Sincere thanks to those who created it.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Pensfanvw

Pensfanvw Member

Agree 100%. The scenarios are very well done, and there are a great variety of services. Kudos to the DTG team!

• Like Like x 1
  23. ales.hnyk

ales.hnyk Member

Thanks for explaining. I'm not a railway history connoisseur. It was not meant as a complaint, more like a sigh.

• Like Like x 1
  24. theorganist

First impressions are that the class 40 sounds excellent. I was watching one pull away from Leeds with a long Parcels train, it hooted as it set off which made me jump! I did notice that the rear vehicle appeared to not have a tail lamp which was disappointing. The BG's on the rear of the passenger trains show one.

I do wonder why the 08 services are all set in the morning and there seems to be little yard work.

Still overall positive. Just need a class 25, 31, 108 and maybe a 110 and I will be inexorably happy!

• Like Like x 1
  25. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I watched the Devstream and Matt is aware of the tail lamp issue. The vans have tail lamps but the TEA tankers do not. I think there needs to be a new battery tail lamp rather than the oil can BR. As this would not be placed on a tanker full of fuel. I wondered about the 08 services too. I thought maybe there is less demand overall for shunting scenarios/ services amongst the genera TSW gaming community. Maybe feedback gleamed from the spring survey.

26. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I am really enjoying the BR Heavy Freight pack. I would like to see more services do stuff with the BG stock stabled in Leeds station. Also gives some shunting possibilities too.

27. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Nice. Every route is dead itself outside the rails but this one has so much more inside. Not perfect, but another step in the right direction. I would love to see traffic like this in TVL :) Good job DTG!

• Like Like x 1
  28. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

On routes like GWR and NEC, I have to agree with the lifelessness ... but was running some services on CSX HH the other night and was pleasantly surprised to see an occasional person walking in the rural towns and isolated homesteads. Even had a pickup on one of the roads in the country. Road traffic is also seen on the overpass leaving Cumberland yard area. I don’t recall if this was the case when originally released or has been added, but was nice to see. I do hope that with these previously released routes like GWR and NEC get a little life added to them.

• Like Like x 4
  29. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

CSX Heavy Haul has always had the car traffic, GWE has it too.

30. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I thought it did... especially on the overpass near the yard.. the pickup on the rural road I wasn't sure if that had been around for a while. Thanks for the info.

• Like Like x 1
  31. LastTrainToClarksville

Am I correct in thinking that adding more "ambient" items such as road traffic, etc. affects overall performance levels?

32. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Yes, Matt has mentioned this on some of his Streams.

33. d_stevanov

d_stevanov Active Member

I have a question regarding this dlc. I already own ntp and tees valley. If I purchase heavy freight pack, will class 37 be available in ntp, and will class 40 be available in tees valley? In rsn/msb all locos work on both routes, but as I understand this is not implemented with British routes? If not, can we expect this to be implemented any time soon?

34. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

The 37/5 in TVL wasn't in service in 1983 and the Class 40 in NTP wasn't in service in 1989.

• Like Like x 1
  35. d_stevanov

d_stevanov Active Member

Ok, that makes sense. I'd be happy with just class 08 being available in ntp for those who own both routes, but I guess that's not going to happen.

36. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

The thing is you wouldn't have any services to use it on unless you might be up for using it on Leeds/Manchester services. That's one way of "quickly" getting your 80 mile award!