PlayStation Double Headed 40 Oil Tanks Issue

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ste 6201, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Ste 6201

Ste 6201 New Member

Is it something I have done or does one of the 40's shut down halfway through the oil tank train scenario, as it seems to stop emitting exhaust.
    And also is the Throttle very slow to react, I can apply 100% and nothing happens on the lead engine, shut off then re-apply and there is a time lag between the loco powering up ??

2. madcapri

madcapri New Member

I’m not sure, as I haven’t played that scenario yet, but I do find the 40 to be quite sluggish, both on power and breaks.

3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Ive noticed that on Tees and NTP recently.
    It never bothered me enough to report at the time, but exhaust goes missing at times on the WSR between Bishops Lydeard and Crowcombe Heathfield.
    I thought the delay on powering up might be a loco thing. As a similar delay is found with the 37s.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ste 6201

Ste 6201 New Member

Also I have returned to the saved game, reduced the throttle to off for braking and now its frozen in the off position..........Minor bugs which im sure will be fixed, all in all its still Excellent.........

• Like Like x 1
  5. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

I believe the power delay is just part of the SIM and represents the class 37 and 40 in certain aspects. Possibly more so when double heading?

I too have seen the exhaust disappear from the second loco when doubled up, but it was on TVL. Not something that bothers me too much, as long as the loco is actually still powered.

6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Yes ive switched cabs and checked the amps on both locos. Theyre still powered.

• Like Like x 1
  7. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Class 40's were a little underpowered that is why when the Peaks and 47's arrived they were relegated from top link duties.

• Like Like x 1