Nh06 With Class 40

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TinTin_57, Jun 11, 2019.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

tried this service just now.

I went to the first objective fine. 2nd objective is to couple to 10 coaches. I set the points as required but the light was red. Asked permission and route not available. Waited a while, still nothing. I went against the red (still route not available) and it let me through and couple up to the coaches. It then proceeded to the next objective 2.5 miles away until I get blocked by an 08 in front of me....that’s another issue

I wonder if the troublesome Newton Heath red signal is what caused the 47 to also crash into me in my posting from Sunday?

Dave Mel did you also have trouble with this service? Seem to think you did but couldn’t find a post about it

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i had no problem with this service. it was nh01 i have the problem with

• Like Like x 1
  3. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

I have found when blocked by another loco, it intends to change direction and head down the line you are occupying.
    Therefore it is the player blocking the AI...
    I guess if you are too fast/too slow getting onto a particular branch, it goes a bit wrong.

I only.noticed this because the driver of a 47 suddenly changed ends.

Now I can't make it move as it's sat at a red signal back towards me. It could be one or more of quite a few of the points now set incorrectly for its intended route.

4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I repeated this service but made sure I was quick. Had no issue whatsoever. Some timing thing going on generally

• Like Like x 1
  5. bdawgks

bdawgks New Member

I encountered a similar issue. I'm not sure if it was NH06 but it was the service where you haul the BGs from Newton Heath to Manchester Victoria. I decided to switch all the BGs over to vacuum brakes (for fun) and I guess that put me behind schedule. At Manchester I was stopped just outside my objective by an 08 from the following service, which is supposed to take some of the BGs away. However, it had arrived to the platform before I had, blocking me from entering. This of course caused both services to be stuck.

This was on PC version, but seems like it could be the same issue. I would assume the services are missing some trigger for the 08 to actually wait for the previous service to arrive before proceeding.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

In my experience so far, TinTin_57 is correct: other trains or single engines move through the area where you are working and their schedules and yours are pretty tightly interlocked, so dilly-dallying is not allowed. This strikes me as an example of good scenario writing and makes for good driving experiences. If I find myself confronted by red signals or other traffic, I simply shut down the activity and restart it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

I actually like the idea of this.
    Now I have had an issue with the service, I have repeated it three times to try and beat the AI... I didn't once, and the second time I rushed and ended up hitting a second take of wagons too hard when trying to couple up!

Makes such an interactive element where the yard has lots going on.

8. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

bdawgks Did you find the 1st 3 and last 3?BG coaches had the chords for vacuum and the ones in the middle were labled air release?