PC We Need An Unofficial Community Mgr

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nne4229, Jun 11, 2019.

1. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

It seems for awhile now more questions and details of the game and its progress are shared offsite on platforms a lot of us dont use. Instead of official forums where everyone has to wonder and wait and guess. Can someone who is active on these other platforms share all the new info with us forum members in weekly updates instead of random questions answered here n there. Maybe Anthony could do it?

2. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

You know, this kind happens already. Things aren't really announced on the other platforms, so there's usually already a topic for people to post updates from other platforms on.

In other words, I feel the whole community kinda spreads the word like this already as a whole.

3. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I don’t have twitter but I keep checking “Rail simulator” tweets to see if an announcement of the SW1000R has taken place. Other then people from the community, was there a forum announcement for the BR heavy freight pack release date?

4. raildan

No, but the community really quickly posted it on here anyway.

5. nne4229

Its not so much announcements. Its questions answered about bugs or licensing issues or anything like that they talk about in streams but nothing on the forums

6. raildan

Ok, true... as someone who does not have Discord, I can see that... I think Anthony kinda already does that most of the time lol

I have an idea, though: How about we make a thread for this kind of thing? Whenever a devstream happens, someone could go on and summarize all the questions about development answered during it. If something is mentioned in Discord, someone could just pop in a quick post about that. That way there's one source for these things, and anyone who happens to notice the news first can put it there so we would get it faster.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. nne4229

I like that idea actually. Who's gonna do it though. I dont have time for streams n youtube N all that

8. raildan

Anyone. They can just post in the thread. If someone does watch the stream and feels like it they can put it on the thread.

BRB starting thread

9. raildan

10. nne4229

Now we need info lol... Leaks... Us route.. Fixed engine door....

• Like Like x 1
  11. raildan

Nah, leaks and stuff seem to have tended towards stuff like the Baseless Speculation thread. This would be for official answers from DTG not found on the forums.

12. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Does DTG not have a community manager? Creating a space to have this information on the official forums and making it easy for the community and developers to communicate more would be something the community manager sets up if that were the wish of the company.

13. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I think it is a good idea to have a thread for rumours, sometimes I hear things but when I think about mentioning sometime later I can't remember who said it or exactly what was said. If there was somewhere to put fresh information after I have heard it, it would be useful. But I have seen some members (Anthony among them) getting moaned at before for quoting things he has seen or heard on Discord etc in the past.

14. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

That is the only problem I see with the “unofficial” aspect. The messenger will usually get shot by those who will constantly badger to provide links and support to back the rumors. Then the complaints, justified or not, that DTG should have an “official” representative provide the information. Several comments in the Steam forums are that this forum isn’t the official channel since they bought the game on Steam and that is where DTG should focus their forum attention.

I do like the idea, but offer the above concern as food for thought.

• Like Like x 2
  15. nne4229

We're past that now. We know how dtg works (or doesn't) with regards to info and sources n platforms. This is about relaying info that dtg purposely doesnt bother with outside social media and streaming.

• Like Like x 1
  16. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I am glad a few are, however, I have been in forums way to long to believe such a detente will last long, would really liked to be proved wrong however.

17. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

The official source for information is Dovetail Live. Anything which is confirmed will be posted there (after thorough reviews internal to DTG). Anything posted on Discord or said on streams is extra and should not be seen as 'official DTG communication'. See it as a nice tidbit of information.

• Like Like x 1
  18. nne4229

Like I said this isnt about announcements

19. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

When I see questions I can help with I try to answer.

20. nne4229

We know you do and we appreciate it. We just wish the company would let you be a bit more open with the community.

21. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

But, that's this website, you silly bugger, the very same page you're currently posting in............lol