Functional Platform Displays, Timetables

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by thearkerportian, Jun 6, 2019.

1. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Hello!

A new feature what would not only be immersive, but also bloody useful would be, if the displays on the various platforms would actually work, telling you when the nexr train is about to arrive. Would make it much easier to determine whether it's worth waiting or if you'd rather "cheat" by going back to the main menu. Since most services have a time for arrival at each station assigned, it shouldn't be too hard to hard to use that data somehow.

Not every route does have modern digital displays of course, and freight stations never do. In such a case it would be helpful, if you could interact with the time table posters on the platform, click on them so that a new window opens which shows the next departures at this station. Something like this. For cargo, that time table might be hanging at/in a nearby signalling tower or other building, or maybe, if nothing else is feasible, you can just assign a hotkey to that timetable window mentioned earlier.

Maybe you can come up with your own ideas too, but please give us some way to find out when and where the next train is going. I'd love if you gave it a thought.

Greetings, Mike

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
  2. aDoge

aDoge Well-Known Member

YES thats a thing i want since ts16

• Like Like x 1
  3. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

If I remember right in TS16 there were station displays, but I can be wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Anyways now them are in TS19

4. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

All I can remember is them displaying the current time.

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

There are displays. What they don't show is any information about the trains... Either they're "lit up static pictures" a la Gatwick Airport or they're scrolling displays giving some info about not leaving your luggage behind
    Of course the ETA would be easy to bugger up by driving the unit close to the station, stopping, running up to the platform and see all the times clocking backwards... Not that easy to program in

6. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

Yep, i have seen that are static before when I tried to see them in Waterloo and F HBF, I remembered bad, I'm sorry :|