PlayStation Player Turning Speed

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, Jun 12, 2019.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

If I sit in the driver seat of say the class 40 and 'turn my head' to the right and behind to switch on AWS etc it seems to take an age to turn back to the forward facing view. On PS4 is there a setting that speeds that up?

Same if you climb up into the cab, then turn to close the door, it's not always a swift motion when turning.

It's not particular to the 40, it can happen on any of the locos. I noticed on youtube that PC players seem to be able to move about no problem.

2. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

Don't forget that the range of movement that a mouse gives is much greater than an analogue stick. I hazard a guess that the sensitivity has to be turned down to compensate for this as it is in console based first person shooting games.
    Otherwise a quick flick would be a 180 turn and no use to anyone!

I am not able to check, but is there a sensitivity setting in the options?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

Yeep, I can confirm, there is a option for sensitivity on settings. Btw I have the opposite problem when it turns to quickly sometimes, missing small buttons (we really need zoom in/out on PS4) find a sweet spot for sensitivity and you'll be fine

• Like Like x 2
  4. TinTin_57

Quite right, there is a sensitivity setting for the wireless controller. Mine was on 1, the lowest, so I have upped it to 5 and it’s perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

funny enough, some routes works better with different sensitivity settings, RT and WSR for example have better FPS (for me at least) so 5 makes it too fast

• Like Like x 1
  6. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

5! How do you manage to click on any buttons and switches? :o
    I have mine set to 1 or 2 and I still have problems constantly overshooting things I'm trying to click on. I must be ham fisted. :)

If there was a snap to function for everything that's selectable it would be great. It'd then be slow on the switches and faster for viewing. Of coarse mouse support would be even better. ;)

7. TinTin_57

I have since downed it to 3. When higher, Some things are great such as the turning but switching, as you say, which was often a nightmare anyway set at 1, is difficult on a higher setting