Temp Dumps Everytime I Launch The Game

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by DeadlyDorito, Mar 9, 2019.

1. DeadlyDorito

DeadlyDorito Member

Happens with the 64 bit edition suddenly :/

Usually happens on launch or when loading into a game. any help fellas?

halp.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pendolino1987

Pendolino1987 Member

Try do Steam verify this might help

3. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

I got that when I was inside the 64bit editor and I thought the update had fixed this issue

4. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

I just got it from launching the game. I got as far as the main menu and then it crashed. I'm not even gonna bother making out a report to DTG, because they'll just turn around like they always do and say it's a problem with my machine...despite the fact that other people are having similar problems.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. bobsr

bobsr Member

I'm having the same problem since the update. Running an Quick Drive. This only happen in 64bits. It runs all right in 32bits.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. DeadlyDorito

DeadlyDorito Member

Yes 32 bit is fine but on the menu of 64 bit it dies, very annoyed since rhe update

7. ChooChooKeith

I only got this message when in the 64 bit editor not really inside the game. If I edit a scenerio which is what I have been doing then the message appears if I try to play the sim right away. I usually get out of the sim and clear cache and it seems to work that way but not sure. The fix was mainly for the 64bit editor.

8. jc.mozzer

jc.mozzer New Member

Is there a fix for this I am getting the same error but railworks wont get past updating scenario when starting up on 32bit and 64bit

9. johnathanlane2018

johnathanlane2018 New Member

mine wont load at all

10. deniro.tyvon

deniro.tyvon New Member

I thought the update had fixed this issue

11. gwgardner

gwgardner New Member

Same problem for me, only with 64-bit. Every time I use the 64bit scenario editor, I get a crash upon attempting to save the changes. Sometimes I get the crash/dump attempting to load a scenario in 64bit editor. Sure hope DTG is continuing work on 64bit.

12. pantherz

pantherz Active Member

Reinstall the game and do not use any workshops then the game will run smooth.
    I had the same problem but after I removed all workshops and reinstalled the game works fine

13. John Murphy

I did the same thing at the request of DTG. Uninstalled all Workshop content, did a clean reinstall of the game, and didn't reinstall any Workshop content. Didn't work. I still experience the same issue.

There might be some temporary solutions that people can come up with, but I think the main problem is on DTG's end and they'll have to do something to permanently fix it...like that will ever happen.

14. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I've had this issue quite a bit, have you updated your graphics driver recently? If you check event viewer in Administrative Tasks (Control Panel) It would probably say nvcuda.dll is the issue.

There's something wrong with the signatures of that .dll file which is worrying because TSW doesn't have any issues with my GT980 but with TS2019 any change to GPU drivers causes this problem, I've reported numerous times to DTG but get it's my machine, it can't be it's the program because UE4 is fine....

I uninstalled TS2019, sad because I've not long got a couple of new addons but I am not buying anymore TS19 products, TSW either. I love both games but can't have something that is unplayable. But id definitely check event viewer for the issue (if still unresolved!) If you've solved it please share :)

15. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

Same here too, had the problem for a long time when trying to start game in 64bit.
    No point complaining as it's all our faults.
    I find that if I keep trying it will eventually get past the scenario data base section and reach the "installation complete" part after about 7-12 tries, I did get very lucky one night and it started after just 3 attempts , but it has taken all the fun out of the game for me now and I just don't bother much with all this hassle.
    Guess it will save me a lot of money from all the content I can't/won't buy.

16. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

17. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I reinstalled the whole thing from scratch a month ago (as in completely removed every trace of every install I had down to download level)
    Not had an access error or temp dump since.

I have every British item from steam store, a lot of JT stuff, half the AP catalog of rolling stock and enhancements and all the UKTS freeware project packs, so it may well be that if you are getting a lot of dumps, access violations or whatever that something is corrupted in your install and a clean refresh might be in order

Backing up your contents and assets folder first of course

18. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I think if its now all of you lovely chaps and chappettes who are experiencing bugs and more bugs than usual its probably a sign that this platform is slowly being wound down and the focus is on TSW.

Just my idea, as i've tried reporting the bugs but before I used to get a thorough workaround. God knows how people stream this game

19. ARuscoe

Or it's a sign that a lot of third party content, exploding compressed files, reskins and other nonsense is going on which can create all sorts of issues.
    As I say above, I reinstalled and have not had a single failure of any kind of the software itself. I get the usual "missing asset" but that's not an error

20. John Murphy

You know, I've been getting this more and more lately, and no matter how many troubleshooting suggestions I try, nothing works. I don't think anybody can do anything on their end to really fix this. This is a DTG problem, which means enjoy the constant crashes, because they won't do anything about it. They'll just deny the problem is on your end and say that your sub par PC is what's causing the problem, even if your machine is more than capable of handling this game.

21. ARuscoe

Were that true everyone would be getting those crashes. I haven't had a single crash in months and my machine is LOVE

• Like Like x 1
  22. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I haven't been having any issues with TS19 it has been playing nicely for me.

23. ChooChooKeith

I got a temp dmp on a scenario I made from the Workshop route that was combined. Munich-Garmisch-Innsbruck-Rosenheim-Augsburg. Maybe a map overload or something that the problem has trouble if you link a service hitting all of these. but the dump happened when making the service from Innsbruck-Munich via Garmisch. I think I made the scenario too long.

24. ARuscoe

Workshop route... so outside of DTG control
    If using 64 bit then "too long" doesn't count either. Most likely some corrupted file somewhere

• Like Like x 1
  25. ChooChooKeith

I only play 64bit and its been very stable until I did that route. if I do the smaller maps then I have no issues. Just an observation.

26. ARuscoe

Don't know what the longest route is, but from my knowledge it's more a case of denser locations being the issue rather than route length as it works on the tile principle

• Like Like x 1
  27. Dakota

Dakota Member

There are loads of posts on this, but this one relating to Workshops I researched meticulously. Here's what's happening in that case (there are others of course) and how to recover/avoid corrupted Workship installs:

Subscribing To Workshop -> Temp Dump 0xc0000005 Access Violation

It's just a few topics below yours here....

28. Dakota

Dakota Member

Smokebox's answer here is on the right track but incomplete. The problem is much more general. It does not corrupt the ScenarioProperties.xml file the same way each time. And it also can corrupt RouteInfo.xml if it is a Workshop Route.I have seen entire blocks of data simply omitted from these properties files, names and XML tags replaced with garbage. The only way to surely recover is to find and delete the offending scenarios and/or routes you just Subscribed to, inside the Railworks area, and allow RailWorks to try again to install from the Steam Workshop cache outside the RailWorks folder tree. I also replied to the Smokebox post on this.

See my previous post.

29. Dakota

Dakota Member

Correct, but these file corruptions are DTG's problem. See my post a bit above and the DTG Forum bug report it points to.

30. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I still get the dreaded nvlddmkm.sys error and i think its down to HDD speed, slow, if this happens on an SSD id like to know before I spend money on hardware.

I think reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ in Add/Remove Programs (that seemed to work for me, as I now get 70-100 FPS) had to lower the settings for TS as its just not coping at max at all. But the performance is better. Windows seems to change files and mess things about with Windows update