Service 6m32 Class 40

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Dave Mel, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

when doing this service when entering Manchester Victoria on the downwards incline in the 40 mph speed limit the game just quits to bluescreen error report.

Service 6M32 healey mills to Manchester Victoria
    Start time 0611 from Mirfield with loaded oil

• Like Like x 1
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I've had this too on a different service to this. Obviously some issue there. Took me ages to get to that point too

• Like Like x 2
  3. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

This happens occasionally on xbox one too. Especially infuriating if it happens at the end of a service

• Like Like x 2
  4. rhysdabeast0011

rhysdabeast0011 Member

Might be something to do with the amount of trains and buildings the game needs to load

• Like Like x 1
  5. TinTin_57

In my case I arrived 5 mins early and thought it was to do with that but it’s interesting and more than a coincidence if a couple of us have had it. I reported it via PS4 but it was late so didn’t put a DTG ticket in

• Like Like x 2
  6. rhysdabeast0011

rhysdabeast0011 Member

Well my game just crashed as well while driving the class 08 through a tunnel so it might be something to pick up on

• Like Like x 2
  7. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

I have had the game crash too since the latest update, it hasn't crashed at all since not long after release for me until then.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

I was thinking of getting the freight dlc for NTP but am now wondering. Crashing reminds me of the initial problems with WSR.

• Like Like x 1
  9. rhysdabeast0011

rhysdabeast0011 Member

You should get it the problems will be fixed eventually and its definitely worth it

10. rhysdabeast0011

rhysdabeast0011 Member

Just played this service on xbox and it crashed in the exact same place on the approach into Manchester Victoria

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. idiosis

idiosis Member

Not crashed yet for me but everytime I get to Manchester Victoria on this service signal VE38 holds me up indefinitely, due to the train to Leeds on the same track which doesn't leave the station.

12. rhysdabeast0011

rhysdabeast0011 Member

I have also had that problem and my game has been crashing quite a lot on NTP at random places

13. TinTin_57

Dave Mel just told me over PSN he has had another blue screen. Different service

14. Dave Mel

i just got blue screened on service NH03 fuel up and then go to Manchester. start 0735. it then continues to Service newspaper train, start 0750 i got blue screened coming up the incline out of Manchester in the 40 mph section plus i dint get the tick for completing the first bit NH03

15. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Which consoles are you on? Base PS4 or Pro? For those on Xbox, base, S or one?
    I´m yet to experience a crash, but will try the services mentioned in here tomorrow

16. TinTin_57

Base PS4

17. Dave Mel

i use a base PS4

a friend of mine txt me on psn and said his game crashed on van move Newton Heath. he did not say what service number.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  18. TinTin_57

Trying NH03 now. I got light engine all the way into Vic but have then also been able to get the newspaper train up the incline and onwards towards Leeds.

One thing that did throw me, I expected that we would have to refuel the light engine on the way down when we stopped there, I even jumped down to take a look. Shame that, would have been a nice touch

19. Dave Mel

After another 2 attempts at this NH03 and followed on by doing the newspaper train. i got 2 blue screens. Tintin suggested to do the newspaper train first, so i did. Wow, i got past miles platting and no problems all the way to Leeds. When finished i checked back on to the service list and got 2 ticks that i had done the 2 services.

i think we get the blue screen because on service NH03 we are supposed to fuel up the class 40 which it does not let us do it, Hence i suppose we run out of fuel coming up the hill out of Victoria and get the blue screen

20. TinTin_57

ha ha I like it
    I reckon as you did the services back to back without returning to the menu in between it has probably had some glitch where it is running two services as one and has caused a memory crash or similar. Not sure, a pure guess. As you know I tried both services back to back and mine was fine. There is definitely something odd going on though

21. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Hi guys. When you say you couldn't refuel what was preventing you from doing so? I've tried NH03 with both a 40 and a 47 and had no problem with refueling either. Took the locos down to Manchester and departed with the newspapers without problem.

The tanks were indeed quite low and the gauges crept up to full.

Edit: Thought I'd try it with the 45 and again I refueled successfully. Although for the life of me couldn't find the fuel level gauge on the "Peak". Anyone know where it is if indeed it has one? I would think it should do.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  22. underwaterdick

The manuals contain good information on how to set up each loco to refuel, I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think the engine has to be off to do so. Either that or reverser set in engine only. - please don't quote me.

Are you sure the locomotive was set up for fuelling correctly?

23. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I put the brakes on full, set the reverser to off (left the engine running) and jumped out. It did take a little while to find the fuel caps on all the locos, removed them, grabbed the nozzle and stuck it onto the open fuel port, then turned the fuel supply wheel to on. The gauges where I could find them (see above) rose up and the pump automatically stopped when full.
    Replace the nozzle and remember to refit the fuel cap.
    And off you go. Hopefully.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. TinTin_57

Right. Might explain it. I arrived and the objective changed to go 2.5 miles. I didn’t do the switch off etc. Will try again at some point

• Like Like x 1
  25. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Ah yes, it does do that. The task list gets a little ahead of itself. Ignore it and do the fuel bit first. If I remember correctly all the fuel caps are to the right of centre of the locomotives. The 45 is further away than the rest, the nozzle wouldn't stretch I had to move the loco forward a bit!

As you mentioned above it is indeed a nice touch. More like that DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  26. TinTin_57

Cheers -PjM- I will def give that a go

• Like Like x 1
  27. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

DTG are aware of these crashes? I didn't see any statement about it, I remember the same problem on WSR and they sorted it out fairly quickly, I hope they are working on a solution, I'm waiting for this patch to buy the pack.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

I hope the crashes have been reported to both Sony and DTG. I also hope that DTG are working on a solution as I too am waiting for a fix before purchasing.

29. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Is your hard drive close to full. I havent had any crashes on ntp or tees. I too have a base PS4. I did get the odd blue screen on RSN. Had no problems since deleting a few un played games.

30. TinTin_57

I haven't had another crash since my earlier reported one. DTG had contacted me for some details and were specifically reviewing PS4 crash data for my user id

31. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Other than into the buffers I have yet to experience any crashes either (Pro). As suggested maybe in this case it was indeed the loco running out of fuel. Perhaps a message that is supposed to pop up on screen telling you about the fuel situation is causing a glitch.

After a spot of lunch I might try the service fuel-less later and see what happens. It'll be a good test.

32. Manclion

Manclion Well-Known Member

Low fuel isn't the issue I got blue screened after fueling at Newton Heath on the run into Victoria. ​

33. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I agree. I did a run without refueling down to Manchester picked up the newspaper train. I got to Stalybridge before exiting. The 40 didn't run out of fuel but also I didn't get any game crashes either. So I don't know. Over to DTG.

34. Dave Mel

i tried 6M32 again yesterday and it blue screened me again coming down the hill into Victoria

35. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

There's an instruction to stop at a specified refueling station, but once you do that, there's no specific instruction to fuel the engine; rather, the next instruction is to drive to another destination. I stopped at the refueling station, followed the refueling instructions in the manual -- yes, this does involve completely shutting down the engine and restarting it after fueling -- all of which I did (I had the manual open on my second monitor). The rest of the session ran smoothly.
    So, your statement that "it does not let us do it" is incorrect. Nevertheless, step-by-step in session refueling instructions would be of help here, especially since refueling is not covered by a tutorial, as I believe it is for the CSX route.

36. Dave Mel

ive just had another blue screen crash on service 6E67 Manchester to healey mills heavy train. start 1555.

blue screened again going up the hill out of Manchester

• Like Like x 1
  37. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Have you got space on the Hard Drive? Is the Ps4 loud?
    There was a recent firmware update on ps4 too. Have you got that installed?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  38. Dave Mel

yes i have lots of space as i have an external hard drive as well as the normal hard drive. and i updated recently

39. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

I got my first Crash on a Class 40 Express passenger run on Xbox One X. I will see if i see more crashes in my runs but it looks like, given all the reports, that they are quite random.

40. underwaterdick

"is the PS4 loud?" - haha, train sim turns my PS4 into the loudest machine on earth. Pretty sure the 1960s vintage jet engines that I work with make less noise!

41. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

almost 2 months in and still, 0 patches and no dev's feedback about this.
    let's hope for the next update and see