PlayStation Trophy Hunters

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Manfonse, Sep 1, 2018.

1. davem300490

davem300490 New Member

It would be nice for an update, I've managed to finish all RT related trophies, now moving on to the NEC stuff I hate that route so it needs to be done and out the way. I just wish this car collector one wasn't broken.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

6486090E-AB9C-43D2-B81E-B1D7D8D4CFF5.jpeg

Completed all services now for NEC which just leaves me the broken Car Collector trophy to get the platinum. I have already met the requirements for that too.

Come on DTG, how hard can this really be to fix? (Even if it’s not high priority for you it is for us that are keeping this game going with £’s)

• Like Like x 6
  3. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

I'm not even touching the NEC freight services until the trophy is fixed.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy Member

Congrats, Is there a guide anywhere for unlocking these? - it currently seems to be spoken about but not very well detailed in different threads

I've seen going to the last station and taking over the service method but this failed to unlock the RT achievement for me on 2 profiles (1 relatively fresh), I have some questions:
    - Do I have to open the doors, or is leaving the doors opened by the AI ok?
    - Do I quit to the main menu or do I save then quit to the main menu
    - Am I safe to the above once I see and dismiss the Service Completed popup, or do I have to wait for something (I.e, disembarking the train)
    - Do I need to do this in 1 sitting?

5. TinTin_57

Dynamite Andy So what I did was

Take over the service at the last station (for the ones I still had unticked)
    You don't need to do anything at all with the doors
    Wait until Service Completed and all the points are awarded, press continue (watch the top right corner after this, you will see points added. I waited each time for this, not sure if it makes any difference at all)
    Then I did a save, then exit for each.
    You don't have to do it all in one sitting. If you could then I would give you a Gold Trophy called 'Patience' or something because you'd need it ;-)

Worked for me for both RT and NEC. On NEC of course you have to run all the freight ones as they don't have arrival times.

Like you, I know that Manfonse also did this recently and it didn't pop so he is starting with a fresh profile. With me, as Xilixir had previously reported, I had around 20 services unticked at the end when it was awarded. So 'Complete all services' isn't strictly true.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy Member

Thank you for this, I'll give it another go! Glad it doesn't have to be in a single sitting - I think I would go insane.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ren007nix

ren007nix New Member

The NEC: New Yorker Trophy did unlock for me after finishing just like 50% of all services. I also took over the train at the last station. I don't know why it was unlocked.
    Are there any tips for the miles trophies? Which service is the best to drive fast and long?

8. Xilixir

Xilixir Active Member

just driving indeed... dont speed cause it won't record youre miles as you speed... for NEC there is one service where u can go full speed and put down controller for the 1660mi

9. ren007nix

ren007nix New Member

Do you know which service this is?

10. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

Isn't that for the GWE in the 166? I say for that definitely do the fast services avoid pretty much every train from Paddington to Reading and vice versa.

Another great way to do it is to find out the total route miles and then divide that by the miles you need to drive with that unit. So for example, if you're doing the Class 45 on the NTP which is 43 miles, you'll only have to do the route about 11 times which can make it a bit more bearable.

11. Xilixir

Xilixir Active Member

yes gwe my mistake... smart but what about the 101? 1001mi is a boring grind in that boring train and track

12. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

Yeah to be fair the 101 is not the most enjoyable version. I guess you just gotta do it. I've ridden about 250 IIRC and the rest will feel like it will take a while.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Xilixir

Xilixir Active Member

indeed, i only did like 500miles lol was months ago O_o it's okay to multiply with 10 sometimes but some trains/tracks are just way to slow for such a big amount of miles... at least make it a gold trophy then ...

• Like Like x 1
  14. TinTin_57

BD99DB08-E3AB-4EC9-8C9D-7CE6F3614FF6.jpeg Here’s another that works. Did I really do 330miles in this one loco at WSR speeds? Phew!

15. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

ouch. You must really hate yourself :P

• Like Like x 1
  16. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

I'm at around 12% on that one lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy Member

Congrats!, I finished that one last night too! Should hopefully hit level 10 with that loco today, Such a nice route but the speed limits :|

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. TinTin_57

I am working on the one for class 52 now. 520 miles! I just keep doing the scenario that goes full length with limited stops. Wish we had a limited stopper the other direction too really

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy Member

Good luck! Once I finish hitting level 10 for the class 33 I'll be picking LIRR up for a change of scenery, hoping to see the 52 in an xbox sale soon.

20. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

which service is the limited stops on the class 52.

21. TinTin_57

It’s the scenario Dave, the 80 minute one that takes you to the mainline

22. TinTin_57

Anybody had the 143 passenger pickups in the class 143 trophy pop up while they are using it on MSB? I’m assuming pickups on RSN and MSB combine in the class 143

23. TinTin_57

Also anyone interested in chatting about the trophies and sharing tips and tricks, I have a PS Community. Everyone welcome.

Search communities for Train Sim World PS4 Trophy Hunters

• Like Like x 1
  24. xD 2Bad4You

I'm not totally sure but i think if the achievement / trophy has the route as part of the name / description you need to do it on that route. In this case i believe it needs to be done on RSN.

25. TinTin_57

Thanks. I did get it on RSN last night but not clear to me if the ones on MSB also counted. Not to worry, getting it was the main thing

26. Xilixir

Xilixir Active Member

it's train related so doesn't matter what route

27. TinTin_57

D2813275-4B24-4C39-B290-D19997E0F582.jpeg Here’s one for you.....this is an NTP Heavy Freight Trophy, awarded using a TVL class 08, running on West Somerset ha ha

28. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

Funnily enough, I might earn it in WSR too. Only want to do one service on it in the 08, bit the 21 mile route should bring my total to 80!

*EDIT* - it wasn't quite enough, Looks like I will be earning it on NTP after all!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  29. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

Does anyone here know if the Class 33 has it's own services on the WSR or is it shared with the 47s like the 08s and 09s? If it isn't, I might get the mileage on the NTP if that's possible.

30. TinTin_57

It is shared with the class 47 services for WSR. Currently you can only use it on WSR which is a pity because I am dying to give it a blast elsewhere

• Like Like x 2
  31. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

TinTin_57 Thanks! I'll do the mileage for the 47 on the NTP then.

• Like Like x 1
  32. TinTin_57

Yeah, you can get it fairly quick on there

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. TinTin_57

Anybody got the one for doing 15 services in the class 40 yet? Could swear I’ve done more than 15 but haven’t got it. I’ll start counting

34. Xilixir

Xilixir Active Member

might do bunch more, same was for the Ruhr sieg nord services and passenger boardings :) just keep doing them, and use the exploit ;) which goes faster

35. xxhotwheelsxx

xxhotwheelsxx Member

Closing in on 700 miles and 50 services in the M7 - using the short route from New York Penn to Woodside to smash through services

36. underwaterdick

Well, I have ONE more trackside cabinet to find on TVL...
    I have driven end to end so many times, spotting them on the way, I thought I would have found it by now.

So, the question I ask is, what is everyone's tactic for finding all the collectibles?

Personally I don't use guides, I just find collectibles through the course of the game...until I have most of a type then I properly hunt the others down!
    But this means I have only got all collectibles on WSR and nearly TVL but not the other routes.

37. xD 2Bad4You

I have to admit, i "cheat" and collect them with the guides. I really like the game but without the guides i wouldnt bother to collect them. I also only collect the ones that give you an Achievement.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  38. TinTin_57

I have used the guides too. By following them they direct me to a station or place by name then after I find that it has helped with route learning. I’ll later drive through somewhere and it will be familiar to me. Because there was no achievement for the NTP collectibles or GWR I didn’t get those but for the reason above I will go back and get them. I do think they give an added attraction to the game

39. Dave Mel

has anyone got the trophy for the BR 185 Taurus when you get it to level 10. i think its called the tame Taurus trophy. i have got it to level 11 and no trophy popped yet. i have it on level 11 on rapid transit and level 10 on MSB still no trophy

40. TinTin_57

Already seeing on the forum that one of the new DLC trophies that comes out for NEC (tomorrow on PS4) is bugged. So that has made my mind up on it for now. I still can't complete the Class 33 trophies, if you have the 155 (I don't have it) can't complete that either but a fix has apparently been rolled out on PC, and the main one is GP38 Car Collector which is stopping me getting the platinum trophy.

If I buy the DLC's I want to be able to complete them trophy wise. Thats just my personal preference. They're in there so should work or it means they haven't been tested before release.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. Dave Mel

an update for the 155 and dopplestock wagons coming out soon it says on that list of updates that came out yesterday

42. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

So the game has been out for nearly a year on the PS4 and not only you can't get the platinum but with the DLCs added in that time they've introduced more bugged trophies and some of them can only be obtained by a cryptic method which took months to discover.

It's ridiculous, I know it's not the whole point of the game but it's a big factor for a lot of us. This game could well be one of the most rewarding PlayStation games out there, but considering it's not even possible to get everything, it's embarrassing.

PLEASE, I would literally do anything to have these trophies fixed. If they're fixed, I play more, if I play more, I want to buy more.

• Like Like x 3
  43. TinTin_57

Agree with everything you just said

Oh and I also forgot that 15 services with the class 40 also unobtainable from the Heavy Freight pack

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

Great...I've done about 12 and not far off from the mileage trophy either. It does make me wonder, when you take all the trophies with the same objective (in this case, services for example). How comes some are fine but others are bugged? I don't really get it.

45. TinTin_57

Something up with the way the game counts things I reckon. Like collectables, I think on LIRR I collect more than there were meant to be. RSN, I had to do more services that the required to get the trophy. Very odd but surely fixable

• Like Like x 1
  46. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

TinTin_57 Same, happened to me on RSN too. But then what if the car collector trophy is actually obtainable but it requires more zeros? :o

• Like Like x 1
  47. TinTin_57

Yeah I have asked them to simply say/confirm the exact requirements via support tickets with 0 response. No one has it though on any platform so that says it all

48. TinTin_57

Yeah I also did that too some time back and they were quite unhelpful, they said its up to the developers

49. underwaterdick

Wait? You own the game but refuse to start it because of a couple of broken trophies?

It's a great game, get playing!

• Like Like x 1
  50. Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy Member

I suspect that both the amtrack cab car achievements/trophies are glitched, just a prewarning for anyone - Might be the same issue as the 155 where the stats do not track?

The other vehicle in this dlc - the achievements appear to be fine as they have been unlocked on trueachievements.