Euro Fishing Color Me Gone.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leroy Jenkins, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Leroy Jenkins

Leroy Jenkins New Member

Today's 'practice' and tournament play was such a disappointment.

I tried to be optimistic about the recent changes. I tried to convince myself that it was just a matter of seeing what the devs were trying to implement and adjust. Maybe they tightened things up a bit... maybe line strength needs to be appropriate for the size fish your targeting... maybe the drag won't play the way it had... I saw that you couldn't just park your finger on the reel-in button even by playing the drag down to 2 (that's broken DTG; drag is supposed to allow the fish to pull out line instead of having it snap... I switched around everything... tried different combos... tried different techniques... tried to finesse as much as I ever had... on and off the drag... bring them in slow, bring them in with higher tension... anything I could think of... thin line for small fish... thick line for bigger... change things up when I get too many line snaps...

After 200hours of game play, following this recent update, the whole dynamic of the game has changed. The AI is supposedly different... the netting is the least of my worries because the drag and reel-in mechanic is borked from what I can see... You've taken a game which I had gained a modicum of proficiency in and made it virtually unplayable. What used to be a pleasure and a challenge to participate has become constant frustration and disappointment; and that is after several hours experimentation prior to today's tournament.

I'm not some child or city-slicker who has never put a pole in the water. I'm a 54 year old sweetwater fisherman from the US with well over 1,000 hours of time spent fishing from the bank, docks, and boats. I know fish behavior. I know where they hang out, why they hang out there, what they eat, what they hit on (I have fished with artificial lures as much as I have natural / live baits). I actually don't sport fish anymore because it wasn't a challenge to catch them anymore. I could go anywhere and catch anything and it just seemed like I was unnecessarily hurting these beautiful creatures for my amusement (one reason I was so hopeful when I found your simulation). If I'd like to have fish for dinner, I'd still fish, but I no longer participate in the sport of fishing. My point is, I know what I'm doing when I fish and all that experience doesn't help me one iota in your game. While I see some things that seem like they might have been improved upon in this last update, I can't really tell because I can't figure out what you've done or what you expect players to do, but whatever it is, it isn't logical or what an actual fisherman would do. Fishing IRL and fishing in Euro Fishing are two entirely different tasks.

I shouldn't have to stop reeling to keep from snapping a line. If my drag is properly set, turning the crank just doesn't do anything, and the fish runs if they want to. Here, I have to take my finger off the crank and even then it will often snap the line even if I have a size 6 hook on and 25lb test (or 15lb test and a #10 for that matter).

I am seriously wondering if you even have DTG employees playing your game or if you're too busy working on your other games to have given this one the amount of testing / gameplay that was necessary. Surely you can't expect players to do the testing for you... which is how it seems to me, quite frankly... As it is, it's unplayable. Had I made a few realizations earlier in this last tournament outing, I probably could have been in the top five... but that would have still been with numerous inexplicable line-snaps and other inconsistencies and foibles.

I know this is long, but after the investment of time I made, I felt I should express myself at length.. Perhaps something I say will strike a chord... I'll return for another go at it when I see that you've posted another update. Until then, happy fishing everyone.

--Leroy Jenkins

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  2. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

I do see where you're coming from, fish coming up the bank.... 25lb line snapping like cotton and the drag system simply not working realistically (small roach still fighting hard on 25lb line)... these should have been fixed before release.
    I'm doing what you are doing and have stopped playing the game for a while while to see if the devs can fix it. I bought the game for ther float fishing primarily as all the other fishing games seemed to be lure fishing, and am disappointed at the cartoony icon above the float, that by the looks of it is here to stay...but hey, we can't have everything we want (unless we code the game ourselves, and the zx spectrum is about my coding skill base.
    Look forward to seeing the game in six months time perhaps.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Arwagaen

Arwagaen New Member

exactly my though, and failed to explain due to my limited english. most people are not complaining about auto-netting, before manual netting was "kluncky" (not sure about the orthograph of this one), now everything is kluncky except netting... i feel like playing very old version, line snap because brake work 30% of the time, snap because fish can t go above water (cas already the case before update), the swimming on land fish are back, etc...

last thing: announce who said august tournament is as popular as july, even with the update ? 25 participant on a weekend tournament instead of 100+...well... they should stop blinding themself with honey coated comment from fanboy who play 4hour a week.
    i will conclude with the same statement than leroy, i l return when they apply some fixe to this mess, until then, i will play occasionaly cause i really love this game but not much. and yep i m a little angry, i found a great fishing game , then it transform in some "breaking line simulator"

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brain B

Brain B Member

Leeeeeeeroyyyyyy Jennnnkins!

Such a quality clip that was. But on topic, all the mess the update has done to the PC version makes me not want the new update on the Xbox.

5. Leroy Jenkins

Leroy Jenkins New Member