Northern Trans-pennine Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Ben_Broomfield, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Ben_Broomfield

Ben_Broomfield Well-Known Member

Thought i'd mention a few little issues i have with the route whist playing it - may have been mentioned?

• First one is a immersion issue/signal issue within the scenario Red Bank Rotation. After requesting permission to pass the signal at danger - shouldn't there be a call-on aspect/shunt to indicate that we have permission to pass the signal at danger?!

The pop up sadly doesn't cut it from a realism standpoint especially when you play with minimal HUD and rely on the aspects just as you would in real life.

[​IMG]

• Missing/lack of speed boards/speed warnings trackside? or AWS?

• Class 45 or traction in general on the route lack working headlights that make driving at night impossible.

Let's hope these issues are sorted possibly - i appreciate it.

2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

The route wasnt equipped with AWS in the time period set.

3. BlackriderUK

BlackriderUK New Member

From a real life standpoint the route is real , There was no AWS back then , also the lights do work however headlights were never designed to act like car headlights and see ahead of you , on trains a driver must sign a route, so they know where every signal , crossing ect is it wasn't until recently where headlights have been upgraded to LED's where they light up the track ahead , headlights have always been for pway staff to see a train at night not for the driver to see the track , same applies with the speed signs , they arnt really needed at all as a driver must sign a route and know where speed changes are ect so if your going for realism in the game then its almost spot on

• Like Like x 1
  4. eurocityboy

eurocityboy Active Member

I have two suspected signal bugs:
    • The distant signal eastbound before Standedge tunnel erroneously shows a clear aspect when the main signal right before the tunnel entrance shows red.
    • The distant signal eastbound approximately 0.5 miles from Dewsbury erroneously shows a yellow aspect when the main signal at the beginning of Dewsbury platform is clear.
    Can anybody confirm?

5. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

If you could get a "calling on" aspect, you wouldn't have needed to ask permission to pass the signal eh.

The rest of your issues have been explained very well by the others.

6. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

I've noticed the Dewsbury distant signals. There's a single distant that seems to show caution when the next home is clear and the distant on the combined home/distant post also shows caution when the platform colour light signal is green.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

You're supposed to get a shunt signal aspect AFTER contacting the signalman to confirm he has acknowledged your request and the road is set for you to proceed past the red signal, DTG have missed that off in this instance, it was noticed when the route was first released, but, whether they will mess about with the scenario just for that small error is probably not worth their while, the route's been out for 6 months already.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

Aren't you asking the signal person to pass the signal at Danger though, by pressing TAB? So you wouldn't get a shunt light.

9. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Yes, but in reality you wouldn't be requesting to pass a signal at danger, you'd be asking the signalman to provide a path and a proceed with caution/clear signal.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

Well, you would in reality, that's what shunt light signals are for, but, DTG have forgotten to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

At least in the case of the caution "yellows" perhaps they are fixed distant signals designed to slow the driver down.

12. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

They may be fixed but if so, I wouldn't expect them both to be fixed. I just don't think they are working.

13. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

This game doesn't do "real life" though.
    By pressing TAB, you are asking to pass the signal at danger, the game simply doesn't handle calling on etc.
    That was my point chaps, not being picky or anything like that.