Baseless Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by raildan, Aug 16, 2018.

1. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

If it doesnt have superliners I'm gonna be disappointed lol

2. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

That's kind of specific, I would be fine with other routes that don't have superliners personally, but hey, that's your opinion...

3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Just list it as another loco. Would happily have a cluttered Menu screen, if it meant we had the liveries.

4. raildan

That's not the problem, the problem is getting it to randomize properly in services if I understand it correctly.

5. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

What route do you think is most likely Raildan? Just freight?

6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

If it was separate as a unit that subbed in. The game wouldn't treat it as parts of units to be shared. Or would it?

7. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

It might be just freight. First was Heavy Haul which was all freight, then NEC which had passenger and freight, then LIRR that was all passenger. But then again it's DTG so who knows.

8. Big Papi34

Well anyway I'm guessing June 20th. It's a Thursday.

9. raildan

No idea whatsoever, possibly just freight although DTG does like their passenger operations

You mean for a new route? That's in 3 days, I really don't think they'd just completely surprise us like that. You're probably gonna have to wait another month, sorry.

10. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I hope it’s passenger like the MBTA or Metro North.

11. Big Papi34

I know. I'm just guessing random stuff at this point. If I'm going to guess (realistically) well then I'd say that a teaser or announcement would be made the end of this month or the beginning of July. Released mid July.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Big Papi34

Hey I accidentally just guessed the release date for the cab car lol. June 20th.

• Like Like x 4
  13. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

There's now an extra depot on SteamDB (DLC 17), so there will probably be another announcement before long.

• Like Like x 3
  14. raildan

Alright. Guessing we'll see ots achievements and announcement appear on Wednesday, with a second article the Thursday after that if there's enough to talk about, the release date revealed on the Monday 2 weeks from now, and releasing that Thursday.

They may have gotten pretty predictable here with their "DLC every 2 weeks" schedule they seem to be trying.

• Like Like x 1
  15. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

RIP DTG!!
    How dare they release rapidly improving content at regular intervals in a timely manner :mad:
    This is further proof they give a fek about the honest, hardworking scum who buy their stuff.
    If they release some excellent new locos or route within 6 weeks then they can %#!& themselves

• Like Like x 1
  16. raildan

I am legitimately confused as to whether this post is angry at DTG or making fun of people who are angry at DTG. Please do clarify.

Noticed this trend a couple weeks ago, and so I've decided not to buy any DLC if it isn't on sale. That should save *some* money...

But it's also worth noting that lack of content is one of the main reasons people still shy away from TSW, other than the lack of an editor, steam trains, and some minor complaints that some people seem to be forgetting TS19 has problems with also, like DTG's management (yes, I said it... they can be annoying sometimes).

Oh, and also, now that we know the release date, I should update the spreadsheet. Hang on a second...

• Like Like x 1
  17. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I think you will tell me the spreadsheet is a sticky somewhere but I couldn't find it.

18. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

OK raildan, we need more for this game, but people don’t shy away no for less content but for price! This is like a PREMIUM Game, every is to buy! That’s the reason. I respect other opinions, but this is my opinion

19. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

Their prices are already very low compared to model trains. The detail in TSW is the same or better than high quality model trains and they haven't even increased their prices from TS1. I doubt they could sell DLCs any cheaper.

Free stuff (other than maybe liveries) at this quality is a daydream. If you want free stuff Open Rails is the better train sim for you.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

The quality of content in TSW I feel is much better than what we've seen in TS1, and I haven't really been able to easily go back to TS1 because there is an interaction level with TSW that TS1 cannot provide, plus better performance to quality of graphics and such that make it so much more enjoyable to me.

The prices for content are reasonable for DTG, as long as they aren't buggy and such. They don't have a large customer base, and they need to make ends meet for pay of their employees. Games like what SCS makes can get away with $15 DLC every few months because they will make a large amount of sales from it. DTG can't do the same, so the cost of content is going to be higher than other more popular simulation games.

We are probably (after a while) getting into a groove of more frequent content releases because a lot of the formulation to make DLC, as well as the skills of the devs, has improved. To go back to SCS, it's like comparing the latest Washington State DLC to the original Euro Truck Sim 2. Large leaps have been made with time, and with more DLC, the quality generally improves.

I think it would be really cool if we start seeing repaints and such sold, say a pack of Class 166 or Class 43 repaints for $5 maybe. Same for the ACS64 and even the Amfleets. The variety would be cool, and it's more ways money can be made. I would like to see them focus on that a little too. BUT, I doubt much of anything will come free, they are a company after all. That's why I'd rather see quality content with improvements in the game and pay for it, than free content that doesn't improve the game.

• Like Like x 8
  21. raildan

Yeah, but thee same price problem exists in TS19, so this isn't really any worse. And I'mgonna agree here, the price for most DLC is a bit high, that's why I (try to) only buy these on sale. Did that in TS19 too.
    The spreadsheet is not a sticky anywhere, I just randomly posted it in the replies a while back. Maybe I should put a link to it in the OP, it's just my random guesses at the DLC release schedule so I don't know if it's really all that important though.

• Like Like x 1
  22. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say the price of DLC was particularly high to be honest, it seems pretty good value to me, the NTP freight pack for example is already proving its worth as it has enhanced the route and made it so much more enjoyable and useable, for the money there are a lot of other things I could buy which I would get a lot less enjoyment out of. It is all subjective anyway, it is down to how much you want something and how much you will use it to decide it's value for money. No one has to purchase everything as some people have alluded to in the past. Personally if it is something I really want, like the NTP freight pack then it is a day one purchase, if it is something I am less interested in but will use then I wait for a sale.

• Like Like x 1
  23. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Repaints are a whole different ball game in TSW because you can’t get away with just repainting the exterior and leaving the interior untouched like you can in TS1.

There’s so much more detail which needs to be recognised in TSW, which is why repaints are going to be somewhat harder to do and limited to certain models to keep it realistic.

I’m not sure how you’d repaint the GWR HST for example, as it has the GWR metal plate attached to the body and I don’t think we’ll be able to modify the model itself?

• Like Like x 2
  24. raildan

That actually *might* be possible using the editor... technically. We wouldn't be able to edit the model itself, no, but we might be able to take the texture on the model transparent, thus making the logo invisible. But we'd need the editor for that.

25. raildan

Hmm... for the 2 week thing to hold up, they should have announced something yesterday, but they didn't... looks like they aren't releasing DLC every 2 weeks after all, possibly.

26. NorthRail1

The latest new depot was only added a few days ago and all the other dlc in this fortnightly DLC cycle appeared on SteamDB quite a while before being announced. I think the fortnightly cycle was just because more DLC was ready then, and less DLC is almost finished now, so releases might become less frequent.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. Big Papi34

Any idea on what the dlc is.

28. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Anyone notice the 3 dlc placeholders in the steam dlc page when the content was added today? They were there but for a brief second, i couldn't click on them.

Now my mind wanders

*Places offerings of reverser keys and ballast stones on the table* , please enlighten us for we are not not worthy raildan

:)

29. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

So with the Amfleet Cabcar released in the latest DLC, anyone else think they might be planning on extending the NEC south to Philadelphia? Would give them a lot more to do than the current two stops from NYP to Newark Liberty. It's a route that already exists (albeit in pretty rough shape) in TS20XX, and the existing Amtrak/CSX equipment would certainly be at home down in Philly.
    My personal pipe dream would be that they also model the Philly-Harrisburg Keystone Corridor, so you could run the full length of the Keystone service. I realize it's unlikely due to SEPTA licensing issues though. Speaking of which, i saw one of SEPTA's new ACS64s stopping at Downingtown yesterday- that paint scheme is pretty snazzy!

• Like Like x 1
  30. NorthRail1

I think it's unlikely that DTG will extend any of the current routes soon. They probably want to create a larger variety of routes before they start extending the already existent routes. Like with TS1, they will probably begin to extend the current routes in a few years.

• Like Like x 1
  31. raildan

Uh... ok then?

no idea

• Like Like x 2
  32. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

:o

33. Big Papi34

Dang it. It thought you were on to something. Now I'm just anxious again.

34. NorthRail1

Things might be quiet for a while with new DLC. I've created this spreadsheet showing the time from a DLC arriving on SteamDB to it being announced.
    DLC.PNG
    According to this, we may not get another announcement until mid-July (it won't be exactly the 21st as that is a Sunday). Though of course Dovetail Games may announce it earlier, like what happened with the Class 33 and DB BR 182.

• Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  35. raildan

Well geez, this isn't a contest as to who can overanalyze with spreadsheets the most (Kidding, of course. Nice spreadsheet!).

36. Shukiii

This would likely mean that the next DLC will be the next route.

• Like Like x 2
  37. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Main Spessart Bahn wasnt so long in coming if you take into account that Console release was out of sync with PC. If I remember xbox and ps4 got the 33 and NTP early/mid January.

38. mrchuck

Or it could be the M3 lirr Locomotive since the lirr was released in November of 2018.

39. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Also a reminder that even though there may be no DLC coming out soon, it could mean they are working hard on the editor, at least that's what I would like to tell myself given how they rushed the Amtrak switcher.

40. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

NEC route fixes or even ATP on GWE. Engine upgrades (sound). Thats a time consumer..

41. mrchuck

Or it could be the DE/Dm30ac Locomotive for the Lirr because they mentioned in November they were Gathering Reference and material for The Dm30ac Locomotive for the Lirr.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Big Papi34

But it wouldn't be marked as a dlc would it?

43. Shukiii

Where?

44. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

It was a response to the slow down of dlc comment previous.

45. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Bug fixes have no effect on route and DLC development, as they’re separate teams, according to Matt.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  46. Big Papi34

It was somewhere in a old post. Pretty sure it was either the DE30AC loco suggestion or the LIRR loco suggestion for the m3,M9, DE30AC,and the New York and Atlantic gp38-2.

• Like Like x 1
  47. mrchuck

It was a old post on the Long Island railroad page for the locomotive request page.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. Big Papi34

Yeah I'm a well known member now! :) Well anyways when do you think the announcement for the anonymous dlc will be.

49. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

We gather research for anything and everything we can, whether we plan to make it any time soon or not :)

Fun thread folks, keep it up :-P

• Like Like x 10
  50. Big Papi34

Well that's good to know.