Fort Kent To Eagle Lake Route Missing Many Assets

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Dash7Studios, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Dash7Studios

Dash7Studios New Member

Hello everyone. Just recently (June 23, 2019) bought the Fort Kent- Eagle Lake route from the June Sale on the DTG store. Once I installed the route, and tried to run it, I noticed that lots of trees/vegetation and many of the road splines were missing. I uninstalled the route and deleted the "Allaboard" folder, and then reinstalled, thinking maybe it was a corrupt install. However, upon the second install, the tracks are now missing as well.

I would appreciate any help, as paying for a route to have assets not included is completely unacceptable.

-Connor

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

From page 10 of the manual:-

I made extensive usage of Marc Nelson’s 3D Trains trees and roads in the Fort Kent To Eagle Lake route and you will need his packages to fully populate the route properly in Railworks. Marc does offer a free version of these packages but I strongly recommend you use the hi-res versions instead.

So you will need the correct package from https://www.3dtrains.com for the route to work as intended

3. Dash7Studios

Dash7Studios New Member

Oh fantastic. Slightly irritating but thanks for the advice.

4. Dash7Studios

Dash7Studios New Member

So, after downloading every freeware pack on 3Dtrains, I'm still missing some vegetation, most buildings, and all the track. Not sure what's going on here but I'm very annoyed I bought an incomplete route.

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

6. Dash7Studios

Dash7Studios New Member

I don't really care about included scenarios for the route. I am still missing tracks and scenery items which won't be fixed by that.

7. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I have just purchased this route which is fine in quick drive and free roam but cannot install the scenarios. They are in the scenarios section in Railworks on c drive but do not show in the route under standard scenarios, there should be 20.

I wondered whether there was a particular loco to add to obtain them. I have gone through the usual ideas like clearing cache uninstalled reinstalled and verified files. Contacted Steam support who passed me on to DTG so have issued a ticket, as it is a weekend I don’t expect contact back until next week. Never had this problem before.

I can access the scenarios by scrolling through the list of routes rather than by the thumbnail pictures and all 20 appear. When running a scenario, no briefing instructions appear on the screen so you have to click on the no pad in the HUD or click f1. It’s a bit tedious but worth it for a route that only costs £5.99 in the sale.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Things have changed the way they do instructions since the route was released 11 Years Ago
    They did not have many on screen instructions telling you what to do - maybe the game did not have them back in the day.

It is worth reading the Manual as there is a lot of useful info about the route

Peter