PlayStation Is It Worth Getting It

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Boyka91, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Boyka91

Boyka91 Active Member

Is it worth buying the new DLC for the Amtrak metroliner and the switcher for PS4

• Like Like x 1
  2. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

Always worth supporting DTG by buying their produce. If you like the US scene, go for it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Boyka91

Boyka91 Active Member

I like the U.S games I’m from New York but it’s so many bugs that needed to be fix plus they didn’t extend the line in the game smh I thought was looking at something different once they extend the line for rapid transit but why not the NEC

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

Work in progress I reckon. There should be good things appearing from DTG for the US fans soon. Hopefully an upgrade of the safety systems plus a new route.

• Like Like x 1
  5. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

The Models are well done for both Trains. Havent found any big bug on the Switcher. You can operate that fine.
    The Cabcar is also well modelled. You cant turn on the ATC / ACSES in it and the alerter doesnt make any sound.

The Addon gives you 4 Services with the Switcher. Since the yard has a speedlimit of 5MPH those take some time.
    You get 13 Cabcar Services, which only go from 1 Station to another. So its just one Stop.
    It also adds a bunch of ACS64 Services and 3 Scenarios are included.
    At least 1 Trophy isnt obtainable.

So its really up to you if you like some switching with 5MPH and if you can live with the Bugs in the Cabcar / for the Trophy
    Personally i did like the switching but given the short Cabcar Services and the Bugs, plus the Bugs we already have in the NEC route i wouldnt really recommend the DLC. Its no where near the NTP Freightpack quality.

So in the end its really up to you if you go for it or not.
    Your point about extending the line, thats something we wont see in the near future. Their focus is on creating a wider range of routes and more variety. It will be some time until they start extending existing routes. On Rapid Transit they only fixed bugs, they didnt extend the Line.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Boyka91

Boyka91 Active Member

I’ll just wait for the update and see what’s going on until now I’ll just wait and thank you

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

No

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Boyka91

Boyka91 Active Member

Well I hope so
    Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  9. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

Agree! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

Could it be that DTG were forced into releasing it early, unlike NTP Freight, due to all the moaning about lack of American content? Only a theory based on my own ideas.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Loyalty

Loyalty Well-Known Member

Maybe that can be a possibility they rush it but then again I just want a whole new route or New trains to drive. They definitely surprise me with Amtrak add on lol I’m like The Acela but the Route too damn short for that train to be added bc it’s gunna do the same thing like the other one we have already it wouldnt feel like a Express train lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Could be possible but its all speculation. The Switcher for example is fine. I havent noticed any bug with the Switcher. Not sure about the Sounds and how the driving compares to the real thing but imo the Switcher is pretty good. If you like the 5MPH Switching Services is a thing of personal taste. I think they were ok.
    The Cabcar on the other side feels like it was squeezed into the DLC at the very last time. It has some bugs and the Services arent that good either.

• Like Like x 2
  13. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

I bought it since NEC is already in a base game and it helps to liven up the route a bit

• Like Like x 1