Long Island Railroad M1

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cubs22, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Cubs22

Cubs22 Member

yes we don't have an M3, yes we don't have a DE/DM30, yes we don't have an M9, yes we only have the line to Hicksville (as well as the branch lines)
    Why the M1?
    Well if we want the M3 we gotta start from the begging of budd's metropolitan series of Electric Multiple Units. They may not be in service anymore which might make it hard to get the model and sounds, however.... There are still from what I have read M1s on MTA property as well as a pair of M1s at the railroad museum of Long Island.

Features I would like to see?

I would like to see new services if the M1 got introduced such as, Atlantic Terminal to Ronkonkoma trains. Also because the M1s were taken out of service in 2007 or so, I would like to see some M1 only New York Penn to Belmont park services as from what I have read there were more services per day that went into Belmont Park.

Extra References

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1/M3_(railcar)

upload_2019-6-19_9-59-16.jpeg

upload_2019-6-19_9-59-30.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  2. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I would love to see the M1,M3 and DE/Dm30 on TSW perhaps it could happen in the future.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Loyalty

Loyalty Well-Known Member

I would to see them all playable in the game It would be amazing add more service to the LIRR with M7s

• Like Like x 2
  4. mrchuck

Since the metroline cab car was released I think dovetail does have the license to make the m1 or M3 Locomotive for the Lirr so perhaps that could be the next Locomotive Dlc or future dlc.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Boyka91

Boyka91 Active Member

I hope so

• Like Like x 1
  6. Loyalty

Loyalty Well-Known Member

I hope soon as well I love the M3s so much

• Like Like x 4
  7. mrchuck

The M3 Locomotive would be awesome because most of the M3 or M1 Locomotives terminate at Huntington,Babylon,Ronkonkoma or Long Beach.

• Like Like x 3
  8. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Some at Hempstead

• Like Like x 5
  9. Jaaymo

Jaaymo Member

Can we please make this happen. I feel there’s a lot DTG can do with the LIRR ROUTE that they are holding back and it’s not fair. Wouldn’t even mind seeing Metro North Running on TSW as well. They are not much different !

• Like Like x 5
  10. mrchuck

I would like to see metro north and more lirr Locomotives to.

• Like Like x 3
  11. QNS Chris

QNS Chris Well-Known Member

This would add so much value to the route, even if everything else about the route remained untouched. Great point about making the M1s first - able to scale up to the M3s, and then add M1A/M3A to a future MNR route. These trains have so much character to them - the wood paneling, the plush, rich seating, the shorter but wider seats; all characteristic of bygone era of rail travel. Classic.

At the rate the petitions are going for the M1/M3, there's no way that DTG is unaware - gotta be only a matter of time!

As a sidebar, I will sorely miss these trains when they vanish in the coming years. When I'm waiting for my daily train and I see the characteristic bright headlights emerge in the distance, I get a pang of joy knowing that I'll be riding these enduring workhorses.

• Like Like x 5
  12. david18sych

david18sych Member

it will be fun to see a new loco on the LIRR DLC but I think DTG is not ready to introduce dual modes such as the DM30AC or the M8 on the New Haven Line.