Time Skip Feature

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rainynight65, Jan 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rainynight65

rainynight65 Member

I am a new player, and I am really enjoying TSW so far. But as someone with fairly limited time to play anything, I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of optional time skip feature implemented in the game.

Last night I started on Western Express, and after the tutorials, the first scenario is the one where I have to fill in for another driver. So I spawn at a train station and am told to catch a train to Paddington. That takes about ten minutes - real time. Then I get to my train, fire everything up, get the train ready - and then I have to wait another 10-15 minutes - again, real time. So roughly 20 minutes in which I am not actually doing anything. Most of the time when I have a chance to play games, I have an hour, maybe 90 minutes max. I get that the wait times are for realism, but to spend a third of my game time just staring at the screen waiting for time to pass is not exactly... well, fun.

I could see a time skip feature working like this: Once all current objectives have been fulfilled, there's nothing else to do (i.e. in passenger mode or while waiting for departure time) and there's more than, say 2-3 minutes wait until the next objective can be reasonably started, allow the player to skip forward to that point in the game. Strictly optional of course, but it could make the game more accessible for some people.

What are other players' views on this?

• Like Like x 29
  2. Lewis

Lewis New Member

For me this is the one big thing I find myself missing when playing the game. I love the ability to jump onto different services but hate having to wait around for so long to be able to play. A time skip feature would be great!

• Like Like x 5
  3. MillerPC

MillerPC Active Member

I just start a service and go to sleep in my chair until it's time to go.

• Like Like x 3
  4. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Diesel Railcar Simulator has this kind of feature and it is super useful. Diesel Railcar Simulator's service mode style operations could teach TSW a lot...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. ales.hnyk

ales.hnyk Member

I wanted to write a post on this topic, but I see it's been here for a long time. :(

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. jamesibbs

jamesibbs Member

would be great

7. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I think this feature should definitly be included.
    Fast-forward ... besides the waiting in trains, I wait a lot at stations for my next job to arrive!

When my time is limited, I choose scenarios - 30-45 minutes

• Like Like x 1
  8. partyyam

partyyam New Member

Realizing this is a seriously old post, just wanted to drop an answer here (in case someone ends up here from google like I did).

Pull up the console with the tilde key and use the following command:
    TimeOfDay.TimeSpeedOverride = 0

Default seems to be '0', anything higher increases the sim rate.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  9. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Please see the forum rules regarding necro bumping.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.