PlayStation Pzb Help

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, Jun 26, 2019.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

started teaching myself PZB recently but on this run I got an emergency stop before the tunnel at Heigenbrucken.

I reviewed it after and the signal showed 70 but I was doing more than that. Was that it? I don’t think I had a warning it was going to 70 if indeed it was that.

If anyone would be good enough to review the video at about 14mins in I would appreciate it. Thanks

2. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

Since line speed at that moment was more than 100km/h, after the signal showing a reduction in speed in that case to 70km/h you must acknowledge, that's the reason.
    Sometimes the HUD doesn't show, so I think you should rely more on route signaling instead of the HUD; at least on MSB. Pzb it's really interesting, real drivers get penalty brakes in a regular basis!

• Like Like x 1
  3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I think because the PZB signal was 2 greens I didn’t realise I had to acknowledge there. It also got me there on a previous run so now I’ll have to use my route knowledge going forward.

Haven’t used PZB before now but as others have said, it brings an added interest to doing a run on the German routes.

4. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

To be on the sure side, I usually acknowledge every speed restriction below 100 km/h. It's not always necessary (like for a restriction from 110 to 90). Above 100 km/h you're on the safe side not pushing the PZB. Just remember that it's not only the signals that are protected by magnets, but also the orange speed restriction announcement boards.

In your case, the 70 km/h restriction was shown by the signal itself (14:17 min in your video). This means that, although the distant and main signal show a double green, you have to acknowledge the speed restriction. You most likely didn't push the PZB, because the penalty braking kicks in 5s after the signal.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Yeah as above posts. The coming train may have passed (distracted)at a bad time. Double green signal, but yellow 7 indicating clear ahead but reduce speed to 70 kph. Overruling whatever speed boards are present or whatever the hud says.
    Rapid transit is littered with these speed signals.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1