PlayStation Draw Distance Issues

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by shiwankhan, Jun 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. shiwankhan

shiwankhan New Member

Hello all!

I just got this game yesterday and have been struggling to resolve the draw distance issues with the game. In every environment, engine, track and weather conditions, the draw distance for the sleepers on PS4 is atrocious. They seem to pop in about 25 feet ahead of the train regardless of what speed I am travelling at and it is incredibly distracting and consistently ruins any sense of immersion. Is there anything that can be done to improve this? Do people just ignore or live with it? If so, how?!

I tried the game on a PS4 and PS4 pro and there is no difference.

• Like Like x 1
  2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Its by design, means its how the Console Versions of TSW is optimized. The effect varies from route to route thougn and is less noticeable on some. There isnt any solution for this, since its the way its done from the devs.

I´m not a fan of this effect aswell but i can live with it. I do hope they can improve it in the future but to play TSW on Consoles there are some trade offs you got to take.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

If you've just got the game, then the routes you have,are Dovetails 1st forays into Console content. There is a gradual improvement over the course of the later released dlcs. Have s look at youtube for the likes of ntp ps4, tvl ps4, msb ps4.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

Yeah, we get some improvements over new releases, it's barely noticeable in Tees Valley Line now (Or I'm just not paying attention?) I remember being very distracted by this issue on Ruhr Sieg Nord. They're not completely solved, but it's less distracting now for some routes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Ruhr Sieg Nord has deliberate concrete sleeper sections mixed with newly laid sections. Wasnt this, was it?

6. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

Absolutely not. I'm aware of these sections.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jackrose1989

jackrose1989 Member

So there isn't a solution, yet it's been done by humans? The solution is to fix it then...

8. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Its nothing thats easy to "fix" if at all. They might can improve that, which happend on some newer routes, but you wont suddenly be able to look all the way ahead.

It´s limited by their knowledge of UE4 and maybe the Version of UE4 they are using, the time they can spend as a smaller dev on each route for each platform but mostly its limited by the Console´s CPU. They just arent great in terms of CPU power and a Sim like TSW is more CPU hungry than the average game. There´s a lot of simulation work going on in the background which you cant see but is stressing the CPU. You cant just turn that off, you wouldnt have a Simulation then. The CPU on Console´s is one of the bigger bottlenecks for something like TSW.

9. jackrose1989

jackrose1989 Member

It's really not CPU heavy. The mechanics are pretty basic. They shouldn't have released a game if they can't use the development tools. It's a shamebles. No one from DTG has accepted the failings and they're making money off it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Again this was addressed quite early in the recent stream. Shadow distance is something being worked on. Just being careful to not ruin framerate.