Queensland Rail Citytrain

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 13modelco, May 5, 2019.

1. 13modelco

13modelco New Member

The name of the game is Train Sim 'World' except we have only seen German, British, and American routes; Vastly available on Train Sim 19 and kind of boring at this point.
    Before you drown your thoughts in the lack of diversity, imagine this; 1067 mm track, sweeping around hills and houses in trains that range from 40 years old to only 2 years old. Imagines battling for your position on the mostly single track mainline against privatised freight companies or trying to keep to a timetable in the congested core. Now imagine zooming past a small town, running 30 minutes late on the fastest narrow gauge train in the world.
    train_network-map_1016.gif

• Like Like x 16
  2. jarrodbennett159

jarrodbennett159 New Member

As someone from Brisbane I would LOVE for this to be added to TSW. It would be quite a lot of track though, so they would probably have to cut some of the lines. Personally I would love to see the Ipswich line services to perhaps Bowen Hills and then the Beenleigh / Gold Coast Line services to the Airport line, maybe leaving the Ferny Grove trains at Bowen Hills as well. It would allow for both high speed services from the Gold Coast as well as the local stopping Beenleigh services. As for trains I would love to see the older EMU especially for the Ipswich line and the NGR would be perfect for the Gold Coast and Beenleigh line.

• Like Like x 5
  3. 13modelco

13modelco New Member

I'm from um... *mumbles under breath* Gympie, so a Queensland Rail network would be very exciting for me.

• Like Like x 3
  4. jarrodbennett159

That's cool, my closest station is Dinmore, but seeing any of the lines modeled would make me happy haha. I'd absolutely love to see a local railway in the sim but it's probably pretty unlikely unfortunately. Though maybe once the editor comes out someone could model the entire network, that would be fantastic because there really is quite a lot of diversity in the route.

• Like Like x 2
  5. It would be terrific to have a Queensland route, I do have a QR route for Trainz but getting all the dependencies so the route could work is just impossible there's like over 20,000 files to download "Maybe I am thinking outside the box" could be over 40,000 files LOL

For year's I have been waiting for a Queensland route in MSTS, there was one route about to be released until Steam4me crashed along with the Railpage server and this route was never released! There was another Queensland Brisbane route in the works and the sad thing is that the author Russell Beer had lost all of his hard work due to a hard drive failure!

I do have my own Queensland routes in MSTS but I have not completed them due to MSTS not being unable to work on my Windows 10 machine regardless of the specifications stated to get it working "The game specs is low" and all of these gaming components are now high specs if that makes sense "Microsoft" told me this only yesterday 4th July 2019 "AEST" and I have been unsuccessful in obtaining plan drawings and track diagrams as Queensland rail tells me "Due to their security concerns" it's the biggest load of rubbish, I said I wanted my routes set in 1960 to 1975 for my Cairns to Mareeba route and my Townsville to Cairns set in 1990 and my Blackwater route set before duplication and they weren't very helpful and I've also tried contacting ARHS QLD and they weren't helpful at all they gave the the same load of rubbish Queensland rail gave me by email "Over security" concerns

My reply to both ARHS QLD and Queensland Rail wasn't nice! I will leave it at that
    But I do hear you, it would be great to have a Queensland route! I may give it a try in TS2019 but please don't keep your hopes up! I have failed on a lot of routes for MSTS so keep that in mind! I'm also not sure if TS2019 routes would work in TSW? Would be great :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. rainynight65

rainynight65 Member

What's the top speed on that line? The Ipswich line tops out at 80, does the GC line go any faster than that?

7. I am guessing that the top speed limit would also be 80 on the Gold Coast line! I have a Trainz route of the Gold Coast line "Sadly with so many missing dependencies" which is really annoying! But anyway, the route does have a top speed limit of 80 KPH

Other than that, that's the only information I can provide! If however, I could get a hold of the Gold Coast line curve & gradient diagram then it would show the top speed of the line

8. jarrodbennett159

• Like Like x 1
  9. jezza004

jezza004 New Member

The top speed of the network is 140km/h on the gold coast line. The second fastest is from Springfield to Richlands which is about the same

10. maiklamb

maiklamb New Member

An Australian route would be fine.

11. jackmiller1234567890

jackmiller1234567890 Well-Known Member

It would be great to see QR in TSW 2 but anything from Australia be awesome.

12. Sharpey

Sharpey Member

As much as I would like NSW to be introduced, anything aussie would be most welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  13. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

Glad the thread is getting attention! Good job!
    Realised I never linked the updated master list of Australian proposal threads on this thread after I included this one. Sorry about that! I like to make sure I leave a comment on the thread after I add a thread to the list because then it isn't bumped lower because of my list update post.

Here is a link to the list:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/australian-proposal-suggestion-master-list.41526/

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  14. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

It's hard to judge a route suggestion just from a map. If you'd have any more information to share about how the route looks like, what scenery to expect, and some trains we'd be operating, I might give your suggestion a like to support the idea.

15. jeremy#2905

jeremy#2905 Member

Hey, this is OP here on a new account. Up until 20 minutes ago I completely forgot about this post and I’m glad a good discussion was created from my idea. In reference to the scenery, it would really depend on the targeted area. The type of scenery varies a lot. In the central core between Bowen hills and Milton/South Brisbane, the scenery is mostly high density residential, commercial and offices. As you move outwards from there, the scenery almost instantly shifts to the suburbs and dreary industrial areas.

Heading south the line splits to Cleveland or Beenleigh/Gold Coast;
    - Cleveland is situated on the eastern coast. The rail line follows the Brisbane river through the suburbs until it reaches the ocean where it follows it through the Redlands Bay Area, even converging into single track at one section, until reaching the seaside suburb of Cleveland. The line is only serviced by all stops trains but does have a connection to the Brisbane port for freight trains coming from the south.
    - The Beenleigh line snakes it’s way through the southern suburbs. This line is low speed due to the old alignment it runs along. The track is shared by both Beenleigh trains stopping all stations and Gold Coast trains which run express with only a couple stops. The track alternates between double and triple track along the way and past Salisbury is also shared with freight trains bound for the Brisbane port.
    - The Gold Coast line is where the scenery really begins to change. The sandy coastal landscape begins to permeate, with the aesthetic changing from the vibrant green and grass to dull sandy-clay ground with a subtle hint of green coming from the abundance of eucalyptus trees. Past Beenleigh the railway line was only built within the last few decades after the original alignment was torn up many decades ago. This grants the line favourable qualities for high speed. The designed maximum speed is 160 km/h, allowing city trains to reach their rated top speed of 140. The stations on this line are also unusual given the fact that all the platforms are level boarding for the entire length of the platform, something rarely seen on the rest of the network. The track was single track a couple years ago but has since been upgraded to double track all the way to varsity lakes.

Heading west the line only splits at Darra;
    - Until Darra, the Ipswich and Springfield trains (as well as dome freight) share the same four track mainline. Although the area has 4 tracks, the capacity is hardly utilised, even during peak times. The scenery is fairly basic throughout the entire route, the only change coming with the increasing dryness that sucks the saturation from the grass and trees the further you head west. This section is also used by long distance services heading west.
    - The Springfield line diverts south after Darra to the emerging suburb of Springfield. Springfield central is very unique as it is an elevated station and also an aesthetically pleasing landmark in the region. The line is fairly short with only 3 stations past Darra. The scenery isn’t unique and is just like the suburbs that sprawl across southeast Queensland.
    - The Ipswich line is longer than the Springfield line, continuing west from Darra towards the city of Ipswich and Rosewood. The line follows the M2 motorway for a large portion of the journey, only splitting from it on its approach to Ipswich. Ipswich station has been covered over allowing for development to take place above the railway, similar to central station in the city. Ipswich’s core is relatively dense, with a fair share of high density buildings, however outside of the CBD the city soon turns back into the suburbs. Heading further west the line leaves Ipswich to connect with a few regional towns on its journey to Rosewood. The line has a mix of all stops trains the Ipswich and some services that run express between Milton and Darra stopping only at Indooroopilly and Corinda, and usually terminate at Rosewood. Rosewood also has its own connecting shuttle service. This section is also used by long distance services heading west.

Heading north the lines go towards Ferny Grove, Doomben, The Airport, Shorncliffe, Redcliffe, and Caboolture and the Sunshine Coast.
    - The Ferny grove line is a slow line that travels through some of the wealthier suburbs in the region. The scenery consists mostly of suburbs with a mix of modern and traditional housing. Like most of the region, the area is very green and littered with trees and parks. The line is double track and served by all stops trains only.
    - the Doomben line is very short, running from Roma street to the suburb of Doomben. Diverting at eagle junction, the line makes its way through the industrial area on the northern side of the river, which is seeing gentrification and redevelopment thanks to a demand for higher density housing. Originally the line went out to Pinkenba. The line only has a single track past eagle junction and is only served by all stops trains.
    - Brisbane is special as it is one of the few cities in the country that can boast an airport rail link. The Brisbane airport is served by the airpot line. The line opened in 2001 with money from private investors, and is one of the few public transit lines in the world that is profitable (thanks to its high ticket price). The line diverts off the the mainline just after eagle junction and runs along an elevated single track line with stops at the international snd domestic terminal. The scenery is pretty basic, with the view being taken up mostly by the airport. The scenery is also similar to the Doomben line as it runs in the same area.
    - The Shorncliffe line diverts off at Northgate station towards the eastern coastline. The line travels through the suburbs towards the eastern coastal suburbs of Sandgate, Brighton and Shorncliffe. The line passes through the mosquito ridden Boondall wetlands, and also past the Brisbane Entertainment Centre. The line is serviced only by all stops trains.
    - Between Northgate and Petrie the railway is served by the Redcliffe, and The Caboolture and Sunshine Coast Lines. The line slashes its way through the northern suburbs on its way to Petrie. The lines share a 3 track corridor that allows for express services alongside traditional all stop services. Trains bound for Caboolture and the Sunshine Coast run express between Petrie and Northgate with no stops, while Redcliffe trains stop at each station. This section is also used long distance trains heading north.
    - Heading back to the coast, the Redcliffe Peninsula line serves the northern suburbs out to the peninsula suburb of Kippa-Ring. The scenery is coastal and similar to what is seen on the Gold Coast Line. The line is the most recently built on the network and has 2 tracks and level boarding stations, served only by all stop trains.
    - Continuing north, trains either terminate at Caboolture, Nambour, or Gympie North. Trains for Caboolture travel through the thinning suburbs as the city begins to fade away into the lush greenery, until Caboolture where the city comes back into focus. The Nambour and Gympie north lines continue past Caboolture where they travel through the fastest section of the network (where the tilt train can reach up to 160 km/h), through the picturesque glass house mountains, and endless national parks and forests until Nambour. Past Nambour the scenery shifts even more, with fewer and fewer towns and more vast green landscape until terminating at Gympie. The scenery here is one of the most picturesque and beautiful locations in the country. Until Elimbah the line is double track, past Elimbah and to Landsborugh the line is single track with passing loops and double track stations, and for the rest of the line the track is single track with only passing loops. This last past creates an interesting situation at stations where trains are timetabled to arrive at similar times. Here trains will load and unload passengers, then move into a passing loop parallel to the station until the train in the opposite direction arrives and the train can continue its journey. In peak times some trains may even have to wait for the train in the other direction to load unload passengers first before they can. This section is also utilised by long distance trains.

A variety of rolling stock is used in the region.
    The city train fleet consists of:
    - EMU, 100 km/h 3 car (slowing being phased out)
    - ICE, 120 km/h 4-6 car (slowing being phased out)
    - SMU 200, 100 km/h 3 car
    - SMU 220, 100 km/h 3 car (almost identical to SMU 200)
    - SMU 260, 130 km/h 3 car
    - IMU 100, 140 km/h 3 car
    - IMU 120, 140 km/h 3 car (almost identical to IMU 100)
    - IMU 160, 130 km/h 3 car (almost identical to SMU 260 but with toilet)
    - NGR, 140 km/h 6 car

Long Distance services consist of:
    - Loco hauled, ~km/h ~car
    - Tilt Train, 160 (200 design, 215 record) km/h 6 Car
    - Spirit of Queensland, 160 km/h 2 + 7 car

Freight trains vary depending on operator and use case.

For the add on I would suggest a locomotive that could be used for freight and long distance passenger services, the tilt train, and the SMU 260 and IMU 160 (since they are visually and technically identical) or the NGR as it is the most common on the network. Further rolling stock could be added in the future as separate DLC.

I hope this is enough information for you to endorse this idea. As you might be able to tell I’m very passionate about this and I would love to see it brought into the game.

• Like Like x 1
  16. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

Please add Queensland rail into your game it would mean so much

• Like Like x 1
  17. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

I will pay 100 dollars AUD for Queensland rail citytrain

• Like Like x 1
  18. funtapunta#3107

funtapunta#3107 New Member

I would love anything from Queensland Rail in the game. I dont care how bad it is something like the NGR or SMU would make a lot of people happy!

• Like Like x 1
  19. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

Shorncliffe line would be great since there are ngr and smu and emus on it

20. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

I know right?

21. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

Maybe you include smu 200 and ngr and make the rest dlcs

22. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

By the way the smu 200 is hard to find so if you can't use smu 200 use smu 220

23. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

The ice is phased out sadly

24. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

What about imu 105 it has a different inside

25. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea. for the Queensland Rail City train the SMU 290 and IMU 160 can be the prototype for the Mandurah Line Transperth B series trains.
    SMU 290
    [​IMG]
    IMU 160
    [​IMG]
    The top two are the prototype for the Transperth B series trains
    [​IMG]
    QR rail uses 1.067m gauge which requires the training centre to be dual gauge with cape gauge being the inner rail with an inactive rack added if TSW 3 gets a rack railway added. Future 1.520m Russian gauge to 1.676m Indian gauge where 1.435m Standard & 1.067m cape gauge becomes the inner rail

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
  26. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

What about ngr and imu and smu 160 260

27. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

Smu 220 and ngr is good

28. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

Fleet
    Ngr
    Emu
    Smu 220
    Smu 200
    Imu 100
    Imu 120
    Smu 260
    Imu 160

29. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

Maybe they can be a gauge change in training centre

30. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

Please add Queensland rail citytrain

31. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

We need Australia The land down Under.
    Queensland rail citytrain

32. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

Is dovetail live responding?

33. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

Imu 160/smu 260
    Ngr
    Smu 220
    In this order

Attached Files:

34. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

saxon#1462 You can put these things into one message, just press edit on one of your messages

35. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

Thanks

36. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

What if we could do Cleveland line and Shorncliffe line

• Like Like x 1
  37. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

That means adding variable gauge bogies Japanese style 1.067m Cape gauge to 1.435m Standard Gauge. Therefore Dual gauge seems to be the answer Cape gauge inner outer Standard gauge

• Like Like x 1
  38. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

That makes sense

39. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

I think you mean smu 260

40. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

The EMU would be good

41. jackmiller1234567890

jackmiller1234567890 Well-Known Member

saxon#1462 i would suggest reading the fourm rules, all you are doing is bumping the thread and its annoying, so just stop

• Like Like x 1
  42. funtapunta#3107

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
  43. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

44. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

Make it please

• Like Like x 1
  45. funtapunta#3107

yeah, I would do anything in the world for this to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  46. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

Can we at least Have doomben line and airport line?

47. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

[​IMG] smu 220 cab and ngr cab bottom [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
  48. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

[​IMG] ngr outside and seats and passenger cabin[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]