PlayStation Free Play Mode

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by StarTr3k1701, Oct 2, 2018.

1. StarTr3k1701

StarTr3k1701 Member

I know a lot of people are going to have a go at me about this but I wish there was a mode where you could drive whatever train you wanted wherever you wanted doing whatever you wanted. Currently in service mode it acts as a sort of free play but you must do specific services at specific times and if you try to drive off then the red lights make you restart the scenario. I hope you understand what I mean, The Rapid Transit has a free play level so why don't the others?

If you were to implement it please make it so we can choose what train we start with and don't be afraid of putting routes on the same track (I wanna try running away from a train in a train). Also only for this mode could you make the player able to change the railroad switches on the WSR route as I know most are locked, same with GWR

• Like Like x 5
  2. dannyjpj

dannyjpj Member

Totally agree here! Personally, having free play would make this game perfect!

Also where is the free play for Rapid Transit? How do I access it as I’ve looked and can’t see any mention of such.

• Like Like x 2
  3. StarTr3k1701

StarTr3k1701 Member

Its a scenario its all the way at the bottom

4. dannyjpj

dannyjpj Member

Cross Town? That’s the bottom one

5. Maik_1978

Maik_1978 New Member

He means the Last Scenario on NEC-New York

6. NekoTashi

NekoTashi Member

This annoys me a lot lol! I remember doing a long service ride. And after such a long ride (stopping nicely on time on every stop) I stopped at the last station where the front of my train barely passes the red light. Suddenly service failed, just because the tip of my train barely stopped passed the red light! I was furious that time. :mad:

Yeah sure I can save the game, but when you are driving and listening to music, you tend to forget to save like a maniac lol. All that time I spend driving like a pro went to waste because of that situation.

They should make it an option whether you want your service to be failed when barely passing the red light or not. Sometimes the traffic light stays on red for no apparent reason and you can't continue cause you will be kicked out of the mission lol. And that button to ask permission to pass the danger signal?! It always denies me to pass. :(

Also when I reload my last save (I saved while I was driving) I spawn without the service quest. I can continue driving the train, but the service I was doing is gone. I don't understand this at all. A save should save the entire situation and not just a part of it.

So yeah if they could fix the save system and make that traffic light rule optional, that would be great! :)

• Like Like x 5
  7. Spellbound

Spellbound New Member

I would love this.

I would love to be able to use my DB BR 143 in NYC,

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. 231C

231C New Member

There's a fence on NEC-New York at Hunts Point programmed on one way. The train can go into this yard but can't exit. The forbidden way is out of the arae. it's game over.

On the return from the Wye into Oak a marker is 5m Under a switch mechanism. Another switch has the 2 blades closed and the frog isn't drawed.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  9. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

The issue with a free play mode would be that you couldn't have AI trains running on the network.
    If you went "wherever you want" with the current traffic, you would soon find conflict with another service.

IMO it would become very boring with nothing else around and no red signals to wait at.