Stalling ??

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by No.1Deltic, Jun 20, 2019.

1. No.1Deltic

No.1Deltic New Member

Im doing my first service Manchester-Leeds Loaded Oil Diesel Engine .. i have got so far down the line and then the train shuddered and came to a halt and I cant get it moving ... never happened before on any other services Ive done .. but when I look at the speed, its fluctuating between 0.1 and 0.3 and its got red lines next to it .. ive tried turning engine off and starting the whole thing up again and its still the same ... any idea or help please ?

Attached Files:

2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

The redlines usually mean wheelslip. Are the brakes released? Cant really tell from the Shot but it looks like they might be not fully released.

3. No.1Deltic

No.1Deltic New Member

Ah never thought of wheelslip ... i thought the brakes were fully released but maybe not .. !

4. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

It was raining? The red lines means you have wheelslip, you might stop the train and reapply power notch by notch until the train start moving, after you reach like 3mph (5km/h) you can apply more power always gradually and slowly start building more speed

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

Switch your brakes to vacuum goods.

• Like Like x 1
  6. No.1Deltic

No.1Deltic New Member

It wasnt raining but I was going uphill with a tonne of oil , i dont think i had enough power and also my bad, i hadnt released the breaks enough .. whoops

7. danparm302

danparm302 New Member

You can also try turning on the sander for extra traction. Also use the technique Vinnie mentioned with the sanding. Have had to do this on Manchester-Leeds with freight.

• Like Like x 1
  8. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Your brakes are still on if you look at the air pressure. You need to charge the system to release the brakes more.

9. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

As far as i know, and i could be wrong, but i believe the sander doesnt do anything in TSW currently.

10. danparm302

danparm302 New Member

I’ll try it again but there was at least sound and the wheel slip warning went away. Anyone else know if the sander actually functions? At least on the M-L locos?

11. No.1Deltic

No.1Deltic New Member

it was indeed the brakes ... i hadnt charged them enough .. once I did that , i was away ...

As for the sander, ive never tried it yet !