Ts19: Lgv Rhône-alpes & Méditerranée… Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Dec 6, 2018.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Head for the sunny south of France once again with the LGV Rhône-Alpes & Méditerranée route extension, which is available now for Train Simulator.

READ MORE

2. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

Very interesting. I wasn't expecting this so soon after DTG's other releases, but it makes a welcome addition to the French railway network.

3. animalkosmik

animalkosmik Well-Known Member

Cool, DTG!) Overhead line is very real, thank you :love:

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It might have been more interesting if other types of TGV unit were released with this add-on.
    Instead it's just a repaint of the Default unit.

Disappointing

5. DanC

DanC New Member

I'm loving this new extension. I've always liked TGVs so it's great to have this route in Train Sim!

One thing I've noticed though, is the physics/acceleration of the TGV seems way off since the update. It seems like something's up with the Tractive Effort curve. I took a look at the TractiveEffortVsSpeed file in the add-on and noticed the values match up with the graph of the real train, except the graph is for the entire trainset (two combined locomotives) rather than one, so essentially in-game each power car has the force of two power cars.

I halved the Y values in the TractiveEffortVsSpeed file and found that it now performs much more realistically. It now takes over 5 minutes to reach 300kph which is much closer to the real thing, rather than as before where it can get to 300 in around 2 minutes up a steep gradient.

Apart from that issue I really love driving it, and really looking forward to the Reseau!

Would it be possible for this to be looked at for a future update?

6. LanaChapada

LanaChapada Member

I really think that the circuit breaker simulations should’ve been added for the Duplex since it’s very important to open the circuit to switch pantographs and to cross neutral sections.

7. Daniel Gibbs

Daniel Gibbs Active Member

192 miles worth of zooms! Literally! You go to the Free Camera or Trackside Camera, ZOOM!!!

8. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi Dan,

I've booked this in to our system for you.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pierre

Pierre New Member

Really a fantastic extension to the Avignon-Marseille route, a must-have!

Being able to drive for such an extended time at 300 km/h is great!

Some of the schedules even in the "easy" career routes are very tight (2 to 4 mn shorter than real SNCF timetables, ie no regularity margin), using the VI (cruise control) is recommended to be on time, and not always enough.

I have noticed a weird behaviour with the brakes (Hold->Apply->Hold: at the second Hold, pressure in the brake cylinders continues to go up, so you have to Release if you don't want a penalty for breaking too hard. It makes smooth stops more difficult and doesn't seem to mimic the PBL brake correctly.

The KVB seems to light up the orange light (LSSF) at unexpected places in Lyon with no corresponding warning signal -- for example between Lyon Part Dieu and the LGV, when passing one of the 2 other stations --, but maybe it's my mistake. Still investigating.

A great route nonetheless! Recommended.

[A LGV route on TSW would be awesome now!]

10. Pierre

Pierre New Member

PS: it would be nice to have a functional real time clock in the cabin. It's the LCD display on the left hand side, just over the wiper button. It shows HH:MM:SS as far as I know.

11. joti411

joti411 New Member

Hi! Could you please let us know how to change the TractiveEffortVsSpeed file? I can't find it

Thank you!

12. DictatorDono

DictatorDono Member

It's inside the Simulation folder for the train. To get to it you'll need to extract the AP file (are you wanting to change the Reseau or Duplex physics?)

13. laurent.ernouf

laurent.ernouf New Member

Bonjour
    je viens actuellement acheter cette ligne mais il se trouve que je n'ai pas les tgv duplex pourtant il sont livres avec la ligne non

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  14. ronaldix

ronaldix Active Member

Il faut avoir la LGV Marseille-Avignon pour que cette route fonctionne et avoir le TGV Duplex car c'est une extension qui dépend de cette ligne.

15. laurent.ernouf

ok
    donc si acheter la ligne marseille avignon j'aurai les tgv duplex et duplex carmillon

16. ronaldix

ronaldix Active Member

17. laurent.ernouf

bonjour
    j 'ai la ligne marseille avignon met j ai pas le tgv duplex carmillon