Baseless Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by raildan, Aug 16, 2018.

1. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This actually makes them LESS interesting to me rather than more interesting. Paying money for something that has limited use doesn't bring value to me. Something which can be used again and again makes more sense to me, even if it's only a simple reskin that's required to transfer it from one use to another.

2. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Yes but each time that same engine is in a dlc you pay for it anyway even if you had it in another route. So new engines would be more logical.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

So the 1 year anniversary for the console edition is coming up on the 24th July, maybe we will get the next route or something interesting then?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

Yeah, maybe.

Probably not.

• Like Like x 3
  5. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

Plot twist.. we’re waiting for an over due us route... next release: Gwe revisited + dlc

6. Big Papi34

I would buy the dlc and find everything wrong with it to yell at DTG about.

• Like Like x 1
  7. robski

robski Member

Hey,
    just a question, how do you know that? Or better saying what makes you think that?
    Greetings

(dont mind my bad english)

8. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

People here like to present their wishes as facts. I'm not sure why.

• Like Like x 6
  9. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if DTG would of considered Network Southeast livery on Routes because it was a unique period with NSE and The Class 442, 421 CIG and 4-REP would be a welcome to TSW.

Over the last weekend I've been looking at what I used to travel on to Brighton and the South Coast and I think that era would be better than the Class 101 etc, the Class 421 refurbished by NSE, and or maybe early 2000s with Connex South Central etc before Southern. And Class 313 in Connex livery that is no longer in use.

I know this is a speculation thread but Id hope for at least these, Third rail is possible due to the LIRR.

• Like Like x 3
  10. robski

robski Member

Personaly i would like to see a single track route from CN or CP that would be awesome

• Like Like x 4
  11. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I would like to see a third rail UK route in NSE period, however I think their would be much gnashing of teeth if we got a third non current UK route released.

Not sure what you mean by "that era would be better than the Class 101 etc" though? I remember seeing class 101's in NSE, they were very common around the Oxford, Reading, Paddington, Guiildford area in the late 80's up to the mid 90's.

12. Big Papi34

That would be epic.

• Like Like x 1
  13. nne4229

I never said anything in that post was a fact, it was a joke. What's the title of this thread? Hmmm.... I wonder.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Big Papi34

It was meant as a joke. Noting that he said "plot twist." And the whole point of this thread is to throw out your baseless speculations hence the name baseless speculation thread.

15. Big Papi34

If I've learned two things on the forums A: DTG prefer UK content over US content. B: people can't take jokes and take everything seriously.

• Like Like x 3
  16. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

The first route was American! Until they changed the order everything was equal and assuming the next route is from the USA then that equilibrium will have been restored. Having said that, as they are UK based it is probably easier for them to access UK routes and stock and plans etc.

17. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

theorganist

Sorry I meant that offhand as I am not familiar with the 101 - I only know the Southeastern (I'm just pushing for a Brighton Mainline or a Dorset Coast come to TSW (Weymouth, to Waterloo with the Southampton Docks for freight movements)

MSTS suffered with that route as of how giant it was - I know that's more than what DTG offer as a DLC but it's worth a suggestion

18. Big Papi34

And you my friend just proved point B.

• Like Like x 2
  19. crazyhorse4u

crazyhorse4u New Member

I would love to see something very scenic and something "desert-like" stuff near the continental divide (U.S.), such as the Lordsburg Subdivision with UP, CSX, NS and Amtrak. But hey...! Just a wish... ;)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  20. robski

robski Member

Wow that would be awesome, the scenery in the video looks stunning!

• Like Like x 1
  21. crazyhorse4u

crazyhorse4u New Member

Thank youuuu!!! ;) Let's keep our fingers crossed for something like this! :D

• Like Like x 1
  22. Big Papi34

I suspect a announcement will be made by the end of this week with a release date of July 25.

• Like Like x 2
  23. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

If we're going to see anything at all, this sounds like around the time we'd see it. I agree. I'll also add that we should get hints as soon as Monday or Tuesday if it's a route (which I'm guessing it would be), so we should probably be on the lookout for that, I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

We should get the first hint today if DTG wants to release the route next week. If I remember correctly, the hints for the MSB were released roughly in 17:00 (european time) so we have to wait an hour.

• Like Like x 1
  25. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Potential Train Sim World '2019 Edition'

TS1 has yearly installments, starting with TS2013 and now on TS2019, so it would make sense for the same to happen with Train Sim World.

It has been around a year since the release of the current edition of Train Sim World, which was released on the 24th July 2018, so a new yearly edition would probably arrive soon if this is the case.

On SteamDB, 2 new packages were added on the 1st July 2019.

Packages are the ways that Train Sim World can be bought; the current standard edition, the digital deluxe edition and the historic CSX Heavy Haul edition are also packages within SteamDB

The first one - https://steamdb.info/sub/377756/apps/ - Sub 377756, contains the following DLC:
    • Sand Patch Grade (PC only)
    • Great Western Express
    • Main-Spessart Bahn
    • Northern Trans-Pennine
    • Long Island Rail Road
    The second one - https://steamdb.info/sub/377757/apps/ - Sub 377757, contains the following DLC:
    • Sand Patch Grade (PC only)
    • Great Western Express
    • Main-Spessart Bahn
    • Northern Trans-Pennine
    • Long Island Rail Road
    • Unknown DLC 17
    It was previously been presumed on this thread that DLC 17 is the next upcoming American route, however this makes it appear unlikely. This is because Sub 377756 looks like a new standard edition of Train Sim World, and 377757 looks like a replacement for the Digital Deluxe Edition, which contains the CSX GP40-2 as an extra addition. This makes it look likely that DLC 17 will be a loco DLC. The two obvious options in my opinion would be a loco for Main-Spessart Bahn (294 or 151) or Long Island Rail Road (M3 or DE30AC/DM30AC + C30 Cab Car).

It also makes sense that DTG would remove Rapid Transit and NEC: New York from the base package as these have been the 2 most criticised routes for Train Sim World, although Rapid Transit has been improved since the original release.

If this is true, I would expect an announcement relatively soon from Dovetail Games.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  26. Cheesypuff2

Cheesypuff2 Active Member

Potentially yea, only one more dlc as well apparently :?

27. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

M3. We already have the M7.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. raildan

I'm sure there's more, just not as part of the package.

But yeah, looks like the next DLC isn't a US route after all, but an American or German loco DLC. Still might be announced this week, but I wouldn't expect a teaser today then.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  29. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Nice catch NorthRail1!
    New edition is good news, because than old RT route should be available as separate DLC again, and I wait for such offer!
    If misterious DLC 17 hide some German diesel loco than I must have it. RSN and MSB need such product.

30. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

With the inclusion of MSB in the new package, my thoughts are that DLC 17 is a DB diesel

Why? Well if we think about LIRR, the M3 or DE30AC/DM30AC will add variety, but not fully take part of the route beyond LIC. It's an untouched part of the current route but will not add a lot of unique new game play. It's still passenger services, just different ones.

There is a whole large freight yard in MSB that's completely untouched and does add a new dynamic to the route, shunting and yard work. Also, it can be used potentially in other past and future German routes. LIRR content is limited to LIRR routes on the other hand. I feel we will see content later instead of now.

This is purely speculative, but I feel DLC 17 being a German diesel makes a lot more sense than an LIRR DLC and an NTP DLC to be included in the base game.

• Like Like x 3
  31. raildan

Sure... but the GP40-2 in the current "deluxe" edition doesn't really add anything either. And while an M3 or DE/M30AC wouldn't add much by themselves, maybe an MP15AC would. Those are used for maintenance stuff, usually. Not usually the type of thing DTG normally makes, but somewhat similar to the SW1000R they've already made in some ways (the whole classic British diesel run does show that they do make series of similar locomotives sometimes) and it's AC traction, which would explain all the effort put into the AC4400CW.

So, as they seem to have been preferring dual packs lately, they could either go with M3 + MP15 + ballast hopper or something or BR151 + BR294 + container wagon and probably something else too. Those are my guesses, at least.

• Like Like x 2
  32. nne4229

.....man we're never gonna get a new us route... It'll prolly be another new York route lol

33. YackSchmitt

YackSchmitt Member

Wonder if they have a plan to bring the class 66 to the German railroads, chassis, sounds, physics are all done the cab just needs remodelling.

• Like Like x 1
  34. raildan

No, of course there will be more US content. Of course there will be another US route eventually. Might take some patience, but why would they give up on something like one third of their users / routes?

Yeah, they're taking their time, but don't rush them- the last thing we want is a rushed route.

35. nne4229

Just me being sarcastic and impatient.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

37. raildan

So, great news indeed! We ARE getting a new US route! But since we don't know what it is yet, it seems ripe for speculation to me.

This is the picture on the website about it, suggesting that it has passenger operations:

[​IMG]
    This looks a lot like a Caltrain platform, actually... Gonna put the Peninsula Corridor as my top contender at the moment.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  38. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Which website did you get the image from?

39. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

What i dont get is Why show the routes we already have and call it TSW 2020? it doesnt make any sense really, could someone explain

40. raildan

Just go to the TSW website and click "TSW 2020." It should be in there, it doesn't redirect to the article, it's a separate page.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. raildan

They've done this exact same thing for many, many years with TS14/15/16/17/18/19

42. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

But surely you've had different routes on them? i dont know what is actually new from what ive read other than the new west coast route

43. raildan

No, they all came with routes that were release usually the previous year as DLC. Only sometimes do certain editions get a completely new route, like I think the North Wales Coast Line was at one point.

44. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Ah ok, im wondering if we will have all the things we have missing in TSW will be in TSW 2020, like the destination boards and customer service boards

45. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

TSW 2020 is the game engine, the content is separate to that and always will be.
    So in this case the menu options, "journey mode", the analytics etc are the updates to the core engine, that it comes with an additional route is only a sales tactic

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. USRailFan007

USRailFan007 Well-Known Member

My thoughts exact. Haven't posted in so long but man... seeing this image made me realize... the hype is real. Especially with it being a west coast route. Nothing but diesels baby :D . Hopefully it'll be a sizable section of the Peninsula corridor like San Fran to San Jose. Maybe. Assuming it's not the entire route from Gilroy to San Francisco.

47. raildan

San Fran to San Jose is just about the perfect length for TSW, that'd be what I would expect. Kind of an odd choice if true because we've had this route in TS already, but I'll still buy this since I never bought the TS one.

• Like Like x 2
  48. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

raildan Following your point I pray for S6 Frankfurt ;-)

Edit: ... some day in future!

49. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Train Sim World 2020: Digital Deluxe Edition

A brand-new US west coast route will be launching alongside Train Sim World 2020 on August 15th. More details will be revealed soon about this add-on, which will be available separately or as part of the Digital Deluxe Edition.

No doubt you all have seen already?

• Like Like x 1
  50. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

I was actually hoping for an updated Pacific Surfliner.

Still, whatever it is, it's better than being in New York. Again.

Hoping it's got some freight services too, and not just with a reskinned SD40 or GP38.

• Like Like x 1