Which Is Your Favorite Route?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pantherz, May 3, 2019.

1. pantherz

pantherz Active Member

My favorite route is Riviera In The Fifties but with Sherman Hill close after.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

I got started with TS2016 and The Weardale and Teesdale Network in the 60's and it's still my favourite route. It's really well done, big, varied and it portrays the region I live in bitingly well. I've actually been able to identify vintage photo's of stations that disappeared before I could ever have seen them from my experience of driving through them in TS.

I do like hooning up and down WCML(Shap) in the APT though.

• Like Like x 3
  3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Krammerdijks Deltaland - a Fictive freeware Dutch Route from Trein Punt https://www.treinpunt.nl/forum/index.php
    Screenshot_Krammerdijks Deltaland v1.1_0.02389-0.33460_17-16-46.jpg
    A variation of the Weardale & Teesdale called Weardale Electric from the Workshop which has Third Rail
    Screenshot_Weardale Electric_54.62617--1.63667_12-12-06.jpg
    Rodachtalbahn-Plus-1-07 - A German route with a branch line feel
    https://rail-sim.de/forum/wsif/index.php/Entry/1845-Rodachtalbahn-Plus-1-07/
    Screenshot_Rodachtalbahn Plus 1.06_50.36444-11.64875_11-42-50.jpg
    Projekt Freiberg (Sachs) V2.01 is another good route set in the eastern part of Germany
    https://rail-sim.de/forum/wsif/index.php/Entry/2128-Projekt-Freiberg-Sachs-V2-01/
    Screenshot_Projekt Freiberg (Sachs)_50.84017-13.13143_08-41-32.jpg
    South London Network is a great route with a lot of signals closely spaced to keep you on your toes
    Screenshot_South London Network_51.47070--0.15338_09-03-25.jpg

And a lot more too

Peter

4. Brickrail782

Brickrail782 Active Member

Pacific Surfliner by far.

5. pantherz

pantherz Active Member

I do not use any third party routes/programs because you never know what they contains.
    They can contain virus/trojan and programs which locks your computer.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

RailSim.de is a very good website which scans the files before it lets other users get to them.
    Projekt Freiberg (Sachs) V2.01 has been downloaded 146 times - if there was a problem I suspect somebody might have said something in the past three years this file has been available.

I think you will have a very boring system as you only download items thru Steam and you only have the Default trains that come thru Steam.

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  7. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Awww that's hard. For me either the New Haven Line, Hudson Line, South Wales Coastal, or North Jersey Coast Line.

8. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

In over five years of TS and many freeware downloads I have never had a problem with viruses.

• Like Like x 2
  9. tsted.designs

tsted.designs Member

One of my favourite routes is London to Brighton. I like the mix of urban and countryside and also lots of track to use. Although one of my other favourites is the Riviera Line modern just because of the spectacular scenery and as it is along the coast.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Antivirus for a year costs about the same as one DLC. All of them nowadays can scan within compressed files so any downloads can easily be checked as they finish downloading. I have never had any issue with any reputable site's downloads

• Like Like x 2
  11. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Oh yeah I totally forgot about how much I love London to Brighton!

12. Brutalist Ape

Brutalist Ape Well-Known Member

Lol me too! I learned the stations on the Riviera route and then went down there for real and I was able to recognise a lot of things from the game. Same with the Ribblehead viaduct, the West Somerset Railway and the WCML between Carnforth and Shap summit.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. LanaChapada

LanaChapada Member

My favorite routes are definitely the high speed ones like the Frankfurt High Speed and the LGV Mediterranee + Extension to Lyon. I’m also making a high speed route myself but I’ll post more about it later on.

14. JoeTransit

JoeTransit Member

Such a hard question lol

15. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

For me, it's a dead tie between the VNHRR and the Bessemer & Lake Erie routes.

16. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

What a ridiculous statement to make, many members on here have been playing the game since Kuju, and I have NEVER EVER had a virus from any of the Railworks/Train Simulator community websites in 12 YEARS from across the whole of Europe, Russia, the Ukraine, United States, Brazil, New Zealand, etc, etc, etc. The only place you will get a virus from are these Pirate websites for hacked versions of the game, which is where you probably got your trojans/viruses from.......which serves you right......

• Like Like x 7
  17. hightower

hightower Guest

Absolute nonsense. As long as you’re not downloading pirated software there is no issue with community 3rd party routes.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Daytona

Daytona Active Member

Western Lines of Scotland, although Weardale & Teesdale keeps calling to me, but as I've got route indigestion, I don't have the time. I like the older, pre 1960 routes and run mostly steamers.

• Like Like x 2
  19. pantherz

pantherz Active Member

Did you even read what I wrote??
    If not here it is again:

I do not use any third party routes/programs because you never know what they contains.
    They can contain virus/trojan and programs which locks your computer.

And that means I never download anything else except from Dovetail!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gipsy_Danger

Gipsy_Danger Active Member

Well I have to say you’re missing out on a great deal of higher quality routes and trains, many of which are free. You won’t get a virus, especially if you use trusted sites like AP so I’d recommend giving it a good look.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Im new to ts2019, ive gotten a few scenarios

Which routes and locos are free?

22. Daytona

Daytona Active Member

23. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

What makes you think DTG or Steam are entirely safe from viruses?

Also, you probably have content that is made by 3rd party devs and sold by DTG/Steam.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  24. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This is what virus scanners are for. If in doubt, scan everything. Virusses only work when you allow them to run

As has been stated, DTG aren't immune so I would advise you to have active scanning whenever you can. If a 15 year old can hack the pentagon...

• Like Like x 1
  25. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

London - Brighton still a favourite, as said above it's a nice mix of fast/slow/urban/rural. Just imagine if DTG update it to include London-Bedford! Bedford to the south coast in a Desiro with a huge front window would be fab.
    Great Eastern Main Line - My local line so my go-to line so know it very well and can drive without having hud on. Lack of interesting branch lines (Sudbury/Clacton/Southminster/Vic) marks it down a bit.
    London - Birmingham V5.2 - Freeware but absolutely amazing if you have all the requirements.
    London - Edinburgh Merged route - Again Freeware but it's nice to have the option of a long drive, especially a sleeper service from Dusk to Dawn.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Gipsy_Danger

Completely agree with WCMLS, it’s not a local route, nor do I use it often but it’s an absolute joy to drive in TS

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  27. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

My favorite is definitely Bernina Pass! I like Hudson Line too

28. LanaChapada

LanaChapada Member

Where can I find this merged route? Is it the full length from London to Edinburgh?

29. Gipsy_Danger

You need an ATS subscription for it which costs £30 but it will be released for free as soon as all the little bits have been ironed out.

30. LanaChapada

LanaChapada Member

Oh I see, guess I’ll wait then. Thanks for the info

31. Dogbert

Dogbert New Member

Riviera In The Fifties, by a country mile.

Closely followed by..........................

The Wycombe Railway And Joint Line Plus v4.1

Glorious Devon 1958 GWR\SR, both freeware.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  32. sem34090

sem34090 Member

I can't believe that people are getting downvoted for suggesting that there is a whole world of freeware and 3rd-Party payware which those who insist on only buying through steam are missing out on! These include the following routes which I count among my favourites:
    • The Isle of Wight Network (Multiple-part download from the reputable UKtrainsim freeware site - Includes rolling stock and locos)
    • Wycombe Joint Lines, as mentioned above. (Free Download from SteamSoundsSupreme)
    • Virtual District Line (Free Download from LURboards, set for an update imminently)
    • Pyne & Warrborough (Available on the Workshop or on UKtrainsim)
    Other favourites are:
    • Weardale & Teesdale Rail Network
    • Wherry Lines (Possibly the most accurate route I've yet travelled after having only previously seen it in TS)
    • Malmesbury Branch

• Like Like x 5
  33. My favorite routes are, however I would like to see an expansion done with both routes and enable the use of freight trains would be nice :)
    • Wakayama & Sakurai Lines
    • Hidaka Line
    The default routes that came with TS2019 are alright but not really considered a favorite same goes for the Woodhead and Sherman Hill routes, I only needed those two just to run the NSW Tumulla Bank route which is sad there just no NSW Steam Locomotives and Rolling Stock to run on the NSW Tumulla Bank route!

34. brummie

brummie Active Member

Mine has to be the London to Brighton as that was the route that first got me interested in train simulator many years ago on the old MSTS.
    Also like very much the South London Network and all the other add-ons that go with it.

• Like Like x 1