Ts2018 Tempdump On Launch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kidbooo, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Kidbooo

Kidbooo New Member

Hello everyone,,,
    Have been around a while but not signed up until now, good to be on here. First post is a downer but I hope someone can help. I am unable to launch TS2018 as it simply takes a dump on launch! Lol.

The faulting module is nvcuda.dll which for all my other steam games work fine, and i've recently as of a couple weeks ago mobdro lucky patcher kodi done a fresh install. Talking about the most current build of TS2018. I am using the driver 378.52 which works superbly with my other games.

I am not sure whats up as I've made sure there are no conflicts. If anyone can help that'll be great.

Cheers….

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I had this issue, see it's not just me who said it was my system at DTG IT department.

The problem is the driver signature for older games, it seems whatever .dlls the game uses when you upgrade the driver and thoroughly clean the driver off the system it seems not to work. I am not sure why, but this seems to be the issue.

I had to go back to the really old 372.70 Nvidia driver to be able to use OMSI 2 and TS2019. Sadly this isnt something DTG can assist with, which is a shame because their IT department before were very helpful.

But I am getting a lot of crashes due to this driver but upgrading means loosing playability.

What I may have to do is install the latest driver... and then reinstall Visual C++ and Direct X 9.0c (Visual C within Add/Remove Programs) and Direct X 9 from the install folder of Railworks.

Nvcuda.dll is faulting due to the screen scaling on start up which most games now take over the desktop. It happens with TSW on earlier routes

3. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

4. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

5. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

There's no use TrainSim-Dmitri I've uninstalled it before it totally ruins my system.

Constant display crashes, a confusing use of PhysX, DTG support doesn't help like they used to, i've uninstalled it. Its not worth it, it was fine before TS2019, we didnt need 64bit. We were used to the game as it was, 64 bit and 32bit the game keeps dramatically dropping FPS regardless of settings, as the chap said above, doesnt work with any other Nvidia driver?? Its awful and its ok it may work for some but no one seems to know when you do report it.

I sent a log file in a while ago with exact error details but it was fine before the 64 bit expansion.

50-60FPS but will crash the display and crash to desktop because of conflicting PhysX.dll files.

If you have an Nvidia driver installed you already have PhysX????

Its a total mess.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  6. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

I asked around and we tried replicating the issue but couldn't, the 64-bit version of TS19 seems to be working fine with the latest version of the Nvidia driver.

Can I suggest updating to the latest version of the driver? Also, it would really help if you could specify your system specifications.

Also, have you tried using the 32-bit version to see if it makes any difference?

Thank you.

7. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

When you install drivers dont do the express LT586 , just in case. Reinstall them fresh in custom option. You likely know all this but verify files fairly often and and right click 64bit vers. Play around with display setting in control panel and game.

Then theres also the advanced display options in win10 settings - display - advanced display options - click browse - add railworks to "high performance " ( i think thats the path...) . When it launches itll be on discrete gpu.

Hope you figure it out, took me a bit of tweaking but im stable now

Oh and most importantly, clear cache in steam (just in case youve not done this)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  8. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I don't use Windows 10 Im on Windows 7 (not upgrading for the sake of one title)
    I've stress tested my GPU and its not heat related - the latest Nvidia driver works yes but not with TS2019.

I get the Access Violation 000000x5 Error (Temp Dump on launch) so reverted back to a former driver and it works. As the chap said above. Something isn't right with nvcuda.dll (I disable the firewall when installing but to no avail). Schnauzahpowahz I do use the custom Install, have used and tried all of what you're saying. Still no luck with this title alone. TSW works fine regardless of driver.

I am not stressed over it, it's just a game and I've had many years out of it. It's a pity now it doesn't seem to function, or something is totally wrong with Windows at the Kernel level and needs a repair but again, to have to re-install windows for one game seems a bit much.

System Specifications are as follows:

Mobo: ASUS Maxmius VII Hero
    CPU: i7 4.00GHz (No Problems) new CPU cooler installed
    GPU: Zotac Nvidia Geforce 980 AMP! Extreme 8GB (256bit) (Stress Tested 80degrees no problems)
    RAM: Corsair Vengence 32GB (Memtest - no errors)
    HDD: Samsung 2TB (Recently Defragged)
    S/Card: Onboard
    PSU (Brand New) EVGA 850W Semi Modular
    Windows 7 64 Bit Professional (SFC Scan now completed a couple weeks ago)

As I say I get 60-100 FPS in TS2019 and 60FPS in TSW and 51 in OMSI and 60 in Fernbus and perfect performance. When the FPS drops suddenly in TS2019 that's when the display driver falls down and crashes.

9. Schnauzahpowahz

That is strange you obviously have the hardware.
    I don't blame you with windows 10 though it's been a pain in my rear for the last several months

10. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Still doesn't solve the issue, there's an underlying problem yes, I am not sure what it is, I don't even know if you can repair the Kernel base as it seems the .dlls Ts2019 use seem to conflict somehow

11. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

So it's not the system as originally mentioned, it was something within the game files that got corrupted, so running it Vanilla now without any soundpacks etc and it seems to be alright, not slating Armstrong Powerhouse but I am not sure if the new edition can take the former released packs. Im not a tester but it ran fine last night

12. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Schnauzahpowahz I ran it Vanilla for a couple of days, soon as I install AP packs, JT packs it goes downhill, so something isn't right with the memory handling of TS2019.

13. Schnauzahpowahz

Thats odd and id be sad if i couldnt use my ap sounds for the hst and 47. My issues always stem from workshop stuff - you check that?

14. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I haven't any installed, it was a fresh install, it worked until I loaded up Just Trains addons I presume. But I did email them, I have addons which go back to TS2012, nevermind i've had many hours of fun with TS2019. Onwards and upwards.