Having Problems Trying To Export My Model Into Igs Format, Blender And 3ds Max Gives Same Error! Why

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cityrail-rulez, Jul 6, 2019.

1. First of all, I am trying to export my NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive as a test which is why there's no textures on the model at this stage into the .IGS for TS2019 format and I keep getting the same error message but with different parts that relates to MSTS part naming, since the model was originally created for MSTS I did using Train Sim Modeler

I have changed all part names to the correct part naming as far as I know in Blender and in 3ds Max and I'm still not having any luck, why!!!! Please help :)

The screenshot is from 3ds Max 3dsmaxerrorexportingmodel.jpg 86classin3dsmax.jpg 86classinblender.jpg

2. Not to worry, I've already worked out the problem! I didn't even noticed that all the Materials are named as MSTS part names! This game is the most frustrating and confusing game I've ever known but trial and error is the key to success :)

I did remove the materials named as MSTS part names in Blender, but of course I did not get the .igs file that I want to create due to not having textures assigned onto the model considering I do have a blank texture applied, not sure how exactly to assign the texture to the model? Any thoughts would help!

As for 3ds Max, I just couldn't figure out how to rename the "Material Name" in the object Properties as I'm not familiar at using 3ds Max but Even when in the Material Editor or whatever it's called I tried deleting the Materials named as MSTS part names and they did not delete, Any thoughts why they are not deleting?

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'd thought I share this screenshot, with "not all" textures re-applied to my NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive in 3ds Max! I am deeply sadden that nobody has replied with some advice to help me get my models to export into .igs format for TS2019, I can't even find any tutorials that would help and the developer documents doesn't really help at all!

If however I am successful exporting my model into the .igs format without any load of rubbish errors and then get it to work in the game then I can write a guide that will help others with screenshots but don't expect the best of the guide as I'm still learning both Blender and 3ds Max

Of course, the model was originally created in Train Sim Modeler with the help of Russell Beer who kindly helped me get this model together for use in Microsoft Train Simulator "MSTS" so there are some parts that need to be upgraded and some parts has to be fixed, it took me a few year's to make a new pantograph LOL but don't worry, it won't take me long to fix it up :)
    nsw86classtemplateTS2019.jpg

4. I keep getting this error in Blender, I just don't know what I'm doing! I will just give up soon!
    ERROR: No valid texture found in material '1_0000_locomotive' in Blender Mesh object '1_0000_locomotive' (check shader name and subsequent slots).

86classblenderscreenshot.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well, I've finally done it! The model finally exported into the .IGS format after working it all out :) I must say it was an absolute pain in the neck!

I tried setting up an Engine blueprint and my model does successfully show up in the Scenario editor list but it will not show the model itself! What have I done wrong? Any advice will help :)

Note: At this stage, the model is only a test! I will be making some fixes soon as I work out why the model isn't showing up in Scenario Editor! Does there need to be a texture blueprint for the model to show up? If so, what is the name for the texture blueprint please?

my model is not showing up scenario editor.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seems to me, I am just wasting my time on these forums! Here I am trying to get my own Australian models I originally created for MSTS into TS2019, so far so good! I have successfully created my NSW 86 Class as a scenery object in TS2019 but I want it to be a locomotive as it's intended to be, so all I was asking if someone can help give me advice on where to fill in the blueprints it's absolutely confusing! Don't worry, forget about it...! I won't even bother asking for help on these forums ever again, I won't even come back!

• Like Like x 1
  7. tsted.designs

tsted.designs Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sharpey

Sharpey Member

Hi cityrail-rulez.
    I wish I had of seen your post earlier but I am usually more active on the Steam forums then here.
    Your class 86 looks great, seeing anyone trying to create Australian content is an awesome thing.
    I'm also creating the Central Coast line for TS2019 and have formed a group on Steam along with some other talented Aussies in creating our own Australian content. I'm sure someone within our group could help you with Blender.
    The Steam group name is Train Simulator Australia if your interested.
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/trainsimaus

• Like Like x 2
  9. spsimon285

spsimon285 New Member

I along with another Member, Is creating Adelaide, and later Perth. Melbourne and Sydney I will do last.

I am doing Adelaide DMU's and the New EMU. I also have a Sydney suburban EMU's, But they are not finished. I had problems with my PC. Which I have now fixed.

10. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Can’t find any fault with this statement - Importing models is fun but hopefully with TSWs editor it’s a lot more sane looking; the TS editor looks crazy, giant speakers, globes around the stations. The portals are huge. It’s madness

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You can switch off those items in the Editor so they are not distracting when you work in it.
    https://sites.google.com/a/railsimd...nce-manual/world-editor#TOC-Display-Filtering

Peter