Ts19: A New Forest Adventure

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Jul 18, 2019.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Take to the Hampshire rails with South Western Main Line: Southampton - Bournemouth, which has now arrived for Train Simulator!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 1
  2. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

Not sure about this release, i'm still disappointed that the route doesn't go towards London Waterloo which would have made the route far more interesting.

Well, the TS community could potentially do something about that, who knows really.

3. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Not worth it. Not buying. Make a longer route next time and I might consider buying it. Something like this is not worth my $40.

4. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Its 24

33 with the class159

...my region anyhow

5. ChiefJackYT

ChiefJackYT Member

This is the most local route to me that is currently in-game (live about 15-20mins from Southampton and frequently visit Lymington). Therefore I'll probably pick up the route. I see the NSE 159 now comes with a SWT livery and is bundled with it. I already own it (NSE 159) and wondered if it also will be updated to come with a scenario or two on this route.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  6. John Murphy

Here in the US, new routes are always priced at $40 which is way too much for such a tiny route.

7. Schnauzahpowahz

This one is literally 24$ and some change. Albeit short hence the price but definitely 24$

Click 'read more' then click 'head to store'. Not trying to sound negative here btw, just stating the facts :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

I will agree with you, DTG really needs to stop charging ridiculous amounts of money for each route they release.

Regardless of how long it is it's ALWAYS the same price...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Schnauzahpowahz

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. John Murphy

I'd pay $10 for a route like this, and that's pushing it. This game has the capability to handle the whole London-Weymouth route. I'd pay $40 for something like that, but not this garbage.

11. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Well, as someone who was very unhappy when this route was announced, I'm won over. £17.99 is less than usual for a route that is shorter than usual. That was my assessment before buying.

Now I've got it, I've got to say that this is a superbly made bit of DLC, the 3d plantlife appears to be new and looks amazing. The docks at Southampton look good but the Lymington branch is the money shot. Possibly the best bit of rendering I've seen in TS. This is Wherry Lines quality.

I also note that DTG have identified the section in the game in a way that strongly hints this won't be the last segment. I still would have liked it to go to Weymouth and paid top price but as it stands this is a surprisingly good addition. Humble pie for breakfast today!

• Like Like x 3
  12. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

It's $24.99, not $40

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. StevenJam

StevenJam Member

That's why it isn't 40 USD It is only 25 USD. Please do not post negative feedback about false facts it just makes every party involved look foolish.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Wivenswold

As I've said elsewhere, DTG will encourage constructive critique but if you're just looking to pick holes and get all high and mighty, then pick your battles or the impact of your criticism will be diluted over time.

15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

16. John Murphy

Why? Why would you price this route lower when usually DTG rips people off for $40 every time a new route comes out, no matter the length. The price never usually goes down until at least the autumn sale. Do you admit this route is absolute garbage that nobody wants, so you're marking it down just to get it to sell? Or is it because too many people grilled you guys about this route and you marked it down to get people to shut up? Why wasn't the Hudson Line (or the first half of the Hudson Line) priced like this? That might have made the purchase somewhat worth it without the extension to Poughkeepsie that should have been part of the route in the first place.

17. bellminsterboy

bellminsterboy Well-Known Member

Hi James,

First off, a big thank you and well done to DTG for creating my local line in TS, it's something I've been looking for since I first started playing TS!

It's a great route, especially visually, it's got some of the highest quality visuals in any of your routes. It's also great that given the relatively short length of the route, you reduced the price from the usual £24.99 and threw in an A2 Peppercorn too.

I just wanted to draw your attention to the following bugs I've found:-

• When sitting in the passenger view of the Class 450 and 444 included with the route, when it's raining, the rain doesn't appear on the windows of the carriage, but rather the rain goes through the interior of the carriage.
    • The Lymington Pier - Bournemouth Quick Drive option doesn't work, the train gets as far as Brockenhurst but is not rerouted off the Lymington Branch when the time comes to head towards Bournemouth.
    • The Southampton Central - Bournemouth (Fast) Quick Drive option has the player train derail at the points just before Bournemouth station.

Apart from those minor niggles, it's an excellent route, and one that I hope you'll expand to include Bournemouth-Weymouth and/or Southampton-Woking so we can drive more of this fantastic route.

• Like Like x 3
  18. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

So I bought the route with the NSE 158 / 159 as well as the DB Class 59 pack. The route is very good.
    My main grievance with the route was that it went from Southampton to Bournemouth.. There was no Eastleigh, No Bournemouth depot literally nothing West of Bournemouth.
    Anyhow the creator of the route has been in touch and said that the route will be extended to Weymouth including the Weymouth Quay Branch as well as Bournemouth T&RSMD will also be put in, and that he is planning to merge with his existing PDL upgrade route. Plans will be to include Totton to Fawley Esso at some point too. As well as extend to Eastleigh.

Linky

https://www.facebook.com/HentisRail...d=1563481760035230&notif_t=page_post_reaction

I Look forward to this.

Hentis

19. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It’s want a perfect route for TSW 2020 to import to console

20. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Dude, I say all of this with the most respect, but you rarely have anything positive to say, and many times, you come off misinformed. There are very few things that you say that actually have validity to it, and even then you come off in a way that really negates your argument. You bring up an age-old argument that content is overpriced. You say things aren't worth your 40 bucks, but when is the last time you've honestly spent 40 or full price on any product that's been offered as of late, or recent. It just seems like you just come on here simply to attack and make claims that anything they bring out isn't worth the price, even if it's lower than usual.

I get/share some of the sentiments.. but Christ.. you just simply just don't seem happy unless they damn near give you everything for pennies..

Anyway.. this is a decent price, considering it's offered locos that have been supplied with other offerings, or as standalone products.
    The Hudson was offered at a discount for a good week or so, and it's a new route, with a new loco, that was also supplied with DLC that came previously as standalone products, Even at 40, it's not unusual for it to be given at the average price. As the M7a loco if were offered as standalone, would more than likely have been 20 bucks alone. You just have to take time to think about these things before you just sit there expecting things to be at a price you feel it's worth. I bet if you spent time making any of these things, you'd be singing a different tone.

You really gotta chill, my dude. Make better assessments and get more involved with the community, perhaps, even make some friends with others who may possibly help you change your perception just a little, and more importantly get yourself better informed, so you don't come across looking foolish. As stated, I do get some of your arguments, to some small degree, but even when you do have some valid points, the way you come across doesn't help your case. If you displayed the same attitude whenever you came across a problem and sent a ticket in, got little to no help, that would be on you.

• Like Like x 5
  21. Wivenswold

"DTG rips people off". Buying Dovetails games is not mandatory like council tax, heating bills, PAYE and other stealth taxes. You need a little perspective or don't buy the game. You don't know the meaning of "rip off".

In life, you will find more answers if you ask the questions more politely. You can have that one for free.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Perhaps people who complain about the price of a real route should consider how long it can take to make one. Not days or weeks but years which can tie up the devs for a long time with no guarantee of a return on that investment.

They should also consider that the price of a route is only twice that of a loco or train.

That's because routes are loss leaders, in other words, they don't make a profit. It is the sales of locos, trains etc that cover the cost of route development. After all, trains need routes to run on.

In my six years of TS, prices have remained pretty constant, (correct me if I'm wrong).

Complainers are those who had false expectations of the length of the route when announced and are disappointed when their hopes are not met.

• Like Like x 2