PC Train Manifest ( What Am I Pulling ? )

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by lindavankollenburg, Jul 19, 2019.

1. lindavankollenburg

lindavankollenburg New Member

Hi,
    I am just starting to get the hang of the CSX Heavy trains. But my question is, what am i pulling? How many carts? Is there a way to find out?

Greets, Linda 20190717013140_1.jpg

2. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Other than walking or flying over the train not really. It has been something I've asked for since the start. Would be really nice to know train length, tonnage, how many empties, loads, etc.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

That'd be kinda nice. IRL, if you're a conductor, you'll usually get paperwork of how many cars you have, how many loads, empties, gross tonnage, and overall length. You'll also get a separate sheet of paper for every hazmat car in your consist, with the details on what it is, how much of it there is, and how far back the cars are from the locomotives.

It doesn't sound like it should be that difficult to implement into UE4, either as a physical clipboard or as a menu pull-up on a keypress. If you have a train of 5 boxcars, 5 centerbeams, and 5 covered hoppers, it could assign a value for the empty weight of the car and length. During a scenario, it could pick random values for the cars (1 boxcar with paper rolls, 1 boxcar with copper ingots, 1 with automotive parts, etc.), and assign a random content and loaded weight to them.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Maybe this will be something we get in the new update Train Sim World 2020. It would really be awesome to have this information available in game!

5. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

To add to this I'd also like to now the stock speed limits of what is being hauled. Like the wooden vans in the BR heavy freight pack, I don't think they are rated above 40mph??

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

45 mph I think. TEAs are 60 mph loaded or empty.

• Helpful Helpful x 1