Introducing Train Sim World 2020!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Jul 16, 2019.

1. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

They didnt upgrade the Engine to a newer UE Version for this release. Doesnt mean that they might havent found a way to improve some of the things of course, but the Engine will remain the same. They updated the "Core" game with new features (like the Scoring System)

2. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

maybe GWE will actually have passengers at the final 7stations towards paddington? stopping for a full minute on an empty station no ai passengers, noise.....running late.....just sitting there in a ghost town isnt great simulation, things like this ruin the game, and sitting at paddingtom for 20mins doors open but no-one gets on after the timer?

• Like Like x 2
  3. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

Wheel blur fixed?

4. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

yes, I meaned so, but I have speaked with someone in Discond after, and that catenary is an old English one, strange, the only electric locomotive is German

5. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

AFAIK this is a UE4 issue. I believe there's an option to disable it in the settings.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SamYeager270

That's probably a GWE issue rather than a specific core issue.

7. nne4229

How is it an UE4 issue when every single racing game (cars with wheels) have motion blur but it doesn't affect the wheels like it does here?

8. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Fernbus suffers from that issue too.

9. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Sadly the gp40-2 numbers still do. But you said newer. Something else that needs updating is the NEC gp38-2 cab doors. When you open them the color is slightly different. Nothing bad just kinda bugs me like something out of place.

10. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

I find it interesting that GWE is still thrown in there. That means the base game comes with 4 routes instead if just 3 (for console users, of course). Clearly they just kinda tacked it on there as an older route since they aren't advertising it much. Glad it made it in for those who are buying the game new, nice kind of bonus route.

...in other news, I just realized that the DTG logo is actually the letters DTG... no, I never noticed that before, be quiet...

• Like Like x 3
  11. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

LOL...omg.......

• Like Like x 4
  12. Big Papi34

Please tell me your joking lol. What did you think they were?

• Like Like x 1
  13. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

wouldn't it be 5 routes if you include CSX HH for PC

• Like Like x 2
  14. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Will the GP40-2 physics update roll out with 2020 version?

15. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Yes you can disable blur entirely in the engine.ini
    -> I've had that set since I disable blur everywhere BUT one guy hinted here in the forums, that blur helps with the "feeling of speed" and he/she is actually right IMHO. I reactivated blur but changed the value a little bit and I'm happy, not too blurry but the sense of speed comes quite good.

Thank you sir, this made my day :)

16. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I'm guessing he thought it was a picture of a dove's tail .....

Whatever he thought it was....that was my funny for the day, needed that. In hindsight, he maybe should have kept that one to himself :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. raildan

No, I seriously couldn't figure out what it was. I just thought it was some kind of random symbol!

Clearly I'm just too smart for this

• Like Like x 3
  18. nne4229

Omfg. I just realized it too. Hahahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  19. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

"A new collection of routes – either as a way for new players to dive right in, or existing players to expand their collection. From the busy commuter experience of Long Island to a nostalgic industrial route through the Pennines and the steep inclines of Main-Spessart Bahn – there’s more to do than ever before! The routes included are...
    • Great Western Express
    • Main-Spessart Bahn
    • Long Island Rail Road
    • Northern Trans-Pennine
    • CSX Heavy Haul (Windows PC only)"
    I don't see anything new in this list -- does anyone else? I'm not griping or even complaining, just somewhat perplexed. On the other hand, the "Journey system" strikes me as definitely new (not at all the same as Service mode, as some have speculated) and, as Ernie Kovaks used to drawl, "Very interesting ..." and not at all "but stupid", as he a;ways added.

Unlike many respondents, I can wait (what other choice is there, after all?), but I'll be doing so eagerly. Let's see: August 15 (ferragosto in Italy) is just 28 days from now.

• Like Like x 1
  20. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Well a new collection of routes refers to the fact that the "Base" Package will now include those 4-5 routes (depending on the Platform) instead of the 3 you get now if you purchase TSW.
    The new route that is coming is hinted in the lower part of the Article. And they teased some other new features / overhauls than just the "Journey System".

We will learn more about what is new and what has changed in detail as we get closer to the release date in the coming month of course.

21. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Is there going to be any new scenarios for Long Island railroad on train sim world 2020?

22. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

No, maybe service mode will be extended with the new journey system.
    However there will be no new scenarios, those weren't even mentioned in the article

23. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Oh awesome

24. StevenJam

StevenJam Member

This is looking like a very interesting update. Can't wait to see how the new ui performs and such.

• Like Like x 1
  25. nne4229

New menu simulator yay. How about AI horn use? Cab sway? AI physics for riding as a passenger?

• Like Like x 3
  26. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I don't know, maybe there will. Although the "Journey, mode" is a bit of a mystery it does say this...

"The new ‘Journey’ system in Train Sim World 2020 blends together more than 24 hours of sequential gameplay for each route. Start a Journey on any route and enjoy hundreds of scenarios, service timetables, and jobs to complete around the railway."

Scenarios, services and jobs! We'll have to wait and see what it all brings.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  27. SamYeager270

Rewriting it as "hundreds of service timetables, scenarios and jobs" seems more realistic even if it doesn't read as well. I'm curious as to what is meant by "jobs".

• Like Like x 2
  28. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

It's hundreds of everything which ever way you put it. :)

But yeah realistically... We wait with baited breath.

29. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Is it possible that by "jobs" they mean tasks in a scenario? Stop at X, Unlock door, Load passengers, etc.?

30. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

I like the fact that some existing DLCs will now be bundled with the base game, and that we'll be able to buy them at a discount if we already have (what's now retrospectively) TSW 2019. Older routes are getting cheaper, which makes sense. (DTG have taken a lot of flak for the pricing of route DLCs, but we can all see the amount of work that goes into each route. If you had to pay all those people's salaries for three months, and then recoup that money from the incredibly tiny market for commercial train simulation, I don't think you'd be laughing all the way to the bank. That's by the by.)

I like the sound of more "scoring and detailed analysis" (especially as regards speed limits; the game is much more of a challenge if you really stick to these). I think this will increase replay value as you can try to increase your best score on a particular service. "Points for driver accuracy"... in what, apart from speeds? Points for accurate station stopping would be interesting; currently you can get away with stopping thirty yards long or short, as long as part of the train is in the platform.

"Change your scene" sounds fine, but not really a tent-pole feature. I don't spend a massive amount of time looking at the loco I've selected sitting in its shed before going on to start the service. Still, along with the other promised enhancements to menus and UI, it shows that the game is getting some love.

"Revisions to the... HUD... provide a more in-depth understanding of the timetable/instructions." Well, you can already see the time you're due at the next station. So what would give you a better understanding of the timetable? Maybe an ETA, like in TS1? I'd really like that. Maybe you'll also be able to see upcoming tasks in the task list, instead of only the ones you've already completed?

The most puzzling part for me, and probably everybody here, is "The new ‘Journey’ system blends together more than 24 hours of sequential gameplay for each route. Start a Journey on any route and enjoy hundreds of scenarios, service timetables, and jobs to complete around the railway."

Reading this carefully, it sounds pretty close to what service mode already is, doesn't it? "The new 'Service Mode' system blends together up to 24 hours of sequential gameplay for each route. Start a service on any route and enjoy hundreds of timetabled services and jobs to complete around the railway."

So Journeys adds what? "More than 24 hours"? Does this simply mean that if you do a service that finishes around midnight, the timetable will roll over and you can then grab the first service of the day at 00.15, or whenever? (I've never tried this in the current game, but I assume it doesn't work... does it?)

Or, interpreting it another way, does it mean different timetables on different days, like a Sunday service on Sundays but normal timetable for other days?

The mention of "scenarios" is intriguing; could that mean that now certain timetabled services will actually be scenarios, with unusual events and breakdowns (like "Rescue Run" or 'Drag Line")? So instead of choosing either "Scenarios" or "Services", there's just one mode which contains both? It would be a bit weird if the same train broke down in the same place at the same time every day (though possibly true to life on some lines).

"Improved tutorials"... nuff said. The existing tutorials have always seemed a bit half-baked; they take you through a cold and dark startup sequence which you'll never actually do in a scenario or service, so, while interesting for railfans, it's of limited use as a tutorial for the game itself. But they also don't tell you important things which you will need (how to switch on AWS and DSD, how to read signals, how to change gears with the keyboard/controller, and many, many more). I struggled as a beginner (like most people, I dare say) and learned a lot from watching videos of people playing (notably, of course, Mr P himself). I don't think it's possible to play TSW well without watching someone else who already knows what to do. A 'commentary drive' built into the tutorial might be a really good way to get some of this information across (I assume this is how real drivers are trained, too).

TL;DR: excited, curious, slightly baffled, looking forward to devstream.

• Like Like x 5
  31. blasdani

blasdani New Member

Hi,

What about disk usage? actually every route has 10-12Gb … a complete installation 80Gb... updates need additional space…
    Really all the assets of every route are only for it? maybe we have more than a copy of certains common assets?

I suggest to Dovetail that with each purchase of routes give away discount points for the purchase of a new hard drive ;-)

What happens when start with freeware contents? (well, when the development tools are published, if it is ever done … ;.-))

Regards.

32. Anthony Pecoraro

Some scenarios do feature cold starts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

It would also be good, in the TSW2020 version, to automatically have miles or kilometers / hours, depending on the routes.
    This is done in TSxxx.
    And let me also explain the ctrl + 8, which at home does not work. The cursor never changes.

• Like Like x 1
  34. steadfast

steadfast Member

Hopefully the UI update will mean you haven't got to click multiple times to select an option in the menu. It's like click once, click again to bring some details about the loco. Click again. Click again. Click again. Selected.
    Also if they set the default to load your profile, not create a new profile as default. The menu navigation is cumbersome and full of unnecessary input, especially noticeable on a console controller.
    Also, hopefully the brake gauge on the HUD will be revised to better replicate those in the cab of the loco being driven at the time. The current TSW brake gauges are a pig to read, no numbers or demarcation around them either

• Like Like x 1
  35. Anthony Pecoraro

Yes it does.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  37. steadfast

steadfast Member

Oh hell yeah! Totally agree 100%

38. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I don’t really know US railways but will the next DLC be the F40PH with Caltrain Nippon Sharyo or the Amtrak Zephyr ?

39. raildan

Has to be Caltrain with F40PH-2CAT on the 46 mi / 76 km Peninsula Corridor route from San Francisco to San Jose. Amtrak doesn't run to San Francisco.

And yes I know I was gonna put this in spoilers, but everyone else kinda ruined that and we were already discussing this on the speculation thread so oh well

40. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Ok thank you so we’ll be able to drive the nippon Sharyo too

41. raildan

I mean, why wouldn't we? The F40PH's pretty much only operate with the Nippon-Sharyo coaches, they kind of have to.

I must say I am kind of interested in seeing the gallery car layout in TSW.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  42. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

Palm trees, yay........:)

I just want some Union Pacific liveried locomotives now for our freight turns and this will be a great little route......:D

• Like Like x 3
  44. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I think exactly the same. The nice Palm trees beside San Jose Station. And it would be nice if there will be yellow UP GP 38 or 40. It would be perfect with a freight locomotive with more power than these both.

45. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

You do not play a Deluxe version, you bought a Deluxe bundle. You will get the core update for free, which is nice, all additional routes you want you need to pay for, but usually they are priced a bit more friendly.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  46. GBolea3D

GBolea3D New Member

Any news about the DEV Tools and or multiplayer? Or are we still going to release yet a new sim in 10 years or so and the editors for TSW, would be something from another galaxy?

47. Crochunter1970

Crochunter1970 Active Member

"Journey mode". Any thoughts on what this is in TSW 2020?

48. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

No, because I'm happy to wait to the devstream so they can tell us

• Like Like x 1
  49. Big Papi34

When is it?

50. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

We don't know yet.

• Helpful Helpful x 1