July Sale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pusser_uk, Jul 16, 2019.

1. pusser_uk

pusser_uk New Member

Here we are in the middle of July and in the store are add-ons priced at 50% off and when one tries to buy them, the actual price shown is NOT the price they expect you to pay. Apparently, the sale ended a while ago but is still showing items at the lower price. When we do not live on their computer, we obviously miss these things, but as in a regular store, the price shown should be the price charged. I am, in particular, referring to the Isle of Wight line which still shows at $6.49 even when I view my cart but at check out, the price has gone up to $12.99.

2. I was lucky to get 2 routes for the price of one during that sale :) I brought the Woodhead line and Sherman Hill line just over $16.00 AUD for both! Which helps me get the NSW Tumulla Bank route to work correctly and being an Aussie it's important :)

Can I suggest that you contact Steam regarding this issue your having! They may help you solve this issue better

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's been an issue for a while that the store in game doesn't work quite right. So I would suggest that whenever you see a sale you jump on a computer rather than using the store function

• Like Like x 1
  4. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

The July Sale ended yesterday, however there are sometimes delays with the prices updating correctly. Sorry if that caused any inconveniences to you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nah, no inconveniences caused :)

6. pusser_uk

pusser_uk New Member

I was/am on a computer, my desktop is my only gaming/office/social machine. In this case, I missed the sale because DTG had already ended it when I first saw it. July Sale!!? Nah, more like first week of July sale!

7. paulg1953

paulg1953 New Member

I've just been caught out on this, bought 2 locos at 60% discount (so I thought), when I went to pay I was charged full amount.
    Complained to both Steam and Dovetail and both blamed each other, Dovetail also said I should clear the TS2019 cache but that made no difference - still showing 60% discount in the TS2019 store

8. pusser_uk

pusser_uk New Member

Yep, same for me. If it is listed at 60% off, then it should be sold at that price until they change it.

9. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Dmitri, this situation occurs every time the sales end. Although sales end dates are posted, the adverts for them continue for days after the sale has finished. Hence disappointed customers.

From a marketing point of view, this is something that Steam and DTG should address.

10. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

That's normal for all stores. You can always find the end date and time of the sale on the image that goes with the sale, in small letters at the very bottom, if you need confirmation.

11. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Hi Dmitri, thanks for your reply, on a Sunday as well.
    However, rather than something that all stores do, I notice that many stores make a point to advertise the forthcoming end of a sale.
    If full price can return immediately at the end of a sale, the surely the sale banner can be taken down at the same time.
    I'm not having a serious beef here, but it does have a negative effect on the "customer experience".

12. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

wish it was still going as I wanted to get the U-bahn.. I will catch it next time. :)