PC Dovetail Should Stop Adding Dlc To Ts2019

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tbarshina, Jul 24, 2019.

1. tbarshina

tbarshina Member

Dovetail should stop adding dlc to TS2019,instead it should work more on TSW (locos, routes, etc) you get the idea

• Like Like x 7
  2. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

I believe the content developed for TS2019 has separate, unique challenges and is a source of income to support TSW. It's possible models are shared across platforms but integration is separate and different, and TS2019 has a lot of existing content that can be built upon. Plus, some of the more recent releases aren't in-house but instead 3rd Party developed content.

Without TS2019 content, and sales, I don't think DTG could sustain TSW. The added team members also might not be of much benefit to their bottom line and the overall content development at this time.

We have our gripes with how they do things, but they know the market, sales, and all much better than us

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Why? TS2019 is the cash cow and will be for the next period of time. Without TS2019 TSW would not be possible.

• Like Like x 7
  4. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

There are plenty of dedicated third parties that are still creating, updating, and selling their projects for TS1.

There has been a gradual transition from TS1 to TSW, but it won't fully transition anytime soon.

• Like Like x 4
  5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'm curious, Cactus: why should a full transition even occur, especially given your comment about third parties? I'll admit that I've stopped making for scenarios for TS, but that's because I got fed up with its unwieldy and unreliable upload system. For a while I tried uploading my work to Railworks America, but their process is even more Byzantine than TS's, so I just stopped.

6. solon

solon Active Member

Yes !

this does not prevent amateur productions in TS2019 and continue to play. But for the moment a majority of TS19 players find TSW very boring. It is necessary to put more resources to make the game attractive. DTG has everything to gain, especially with the arrival of future game consoles.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  7. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Because modern hardware performs worse on TS1 now than it does on TSW. The engine that TS1 is build on is around a decade old and modern hardware doesn't work well with it. It's only really relevant now for people with hardware that's 5+ years old

8. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

I hope we'll see an editor release soon and DTG will start to focus solely on TSW shortly after that because it will mark the point when TSW will finally start to replace TS1.

• Like Like x 1
  9. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

TS1 has no influence on TSW. They are both managed independent teams. Of course the more people working on TSW the better.

• Like Like x 2
  10. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Why on earth should one replace the other -- in either direction? They are two completely independent train simulators made by the same company and each has accrued numerous fans over the years.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Fabrizio520

Fabrizio520 Guest

It depends what is meant by independents.
    It seems, to me, internal competition.
    Meanwhile, for TSW, even the development of a simple Eas / Eaos railway wagon seems a titanic undertaking.

12. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

I don't think this is right.
    First, TS1 and TSW run on entirely different engines - so creating models and/or routes works completely different and the skills with one engine are probably worthless for the other. This is why there are 2 teams at DTG with different skillsets.
    Second, TSW stock is way more detailed than TS1 stock. Simply the ability to walk through the wagons and locos creates much more work, than only being allowed to look at it.
    And lastly, they have way more knowledge on how to create stuff for TS1, while they are (probably) still learing how to do stuff the right (that is quick developement, good performance, etc..) for TSW.

My guess is that the content for TSW will come a lot quicker in the future, once things have smoothed out on the developement side

• Like Like x 2
  13. Fabrizio520

Fabrizio520 Guest

In the past (about four years ago) I bought the game of fishing (a game of fishing is definitely not the one that makes me drool from the mouth) created by DTG, specifically to test the degree of development by DTG with UE4 and in addition, i having supported the TSW from the beginning. Furthermore it seems to me that the continuous delay (or cancellation?) of the editor's development only makes things worse.
    After 4 years I would certainly have expected more.

14. Shukiii

Well not a lot of MSTS payware is still being released. Of course TS1 will retain a community but I don't see much payware still being released for it in say 10 years. Railworks/TS1 eventually overshadowed MSTS, TSW will eventually overshadow TS1. The release of the editor will be the start of that.

• Like Like x 4
  15. amigacooke

amigacooke New Member

If you want to drive steam locomotives TS1 is the only choice.

16. Shukiii

Yeah. I hope that changes soon. Steam locos would look great in TSW.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  17. tbarshina

tbarshina Member

;)
    the editor is coming 2019-2020, if im corect,( my birthday maybe, which is good cz that's when i'l get a norm pc).

18. tbarshina

tbarshina Member

tsw should replace it cz the engine for TS20129 is old

19. tbarshina

tbarshina Member

you made my day, thank you so much.

20. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

A stupid idea to Stop adding DLC to TS2019.
    A lot of people play and enjoy TS2019 in which you can do a lot more things than TSW.

• Like Like x 6
  21. tbarshina

tbarshina Member

Editor News
    Work on the editor is progressing slowly but surely.