Fishing Sim World Float And Lure Fishing At Gillhams.

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by Chizzckh, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Out of interest on Gillhams, anyone had much/any luck with lures or float tactics? Also I am struggling to get bites generally on ledger tactics when there are plenty fish showing in and around my hooks, just wondered if I am missing a trick at all? Tried the usual bait and hook size changes but very much want to keep to the 80lb line for obvious reasons. Do have have a mid 300lb Arapaima to my name and a few boss common carp, so its not all bad but just frustrating seeing all these fish in front of me like they are in an aquarium and cant get one to take a bait.

2. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

What I normally do is cast out to what ever Point to put ur bait then spod like mad then repeat until u get a bite works for me but everyone will have different tactics but do what ever works best for u

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i have not caught a mekong or a pacu yet. but caught everything using ledger tactics.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

Pacu and Mekong I’ve caught using large single or double sweetcorn

• Like Like x 4
  5. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Anyone caught anything on Gillhams with anything other than Ledger tactics?

6. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

I caught a 400 lb arapaima with lure believe it was the 7in tremor shad. Just wanted to see if anything would hit a lure and sure enough it did

• Like Like x 4
  7. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Tried a short time with lures at the start but nothing, might just give it a go again!

8. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

I think you will get a fish with a lure. Believe the Mekong catfish also take lures. Funny thing is i don’t think lures are allowed there but it may just be treble hooks. But in game you can use them. I got fish at top left peg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Just got this big one on tremor shad​

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Going to have to give it a go, still struggling to get bites on on ledger. Even when fish are showing everywhere. A little frustrating! I get loads of huge Siam Carp etc swimming round my baits and when I eventually do get a bite its a 10lb European carp. Tried various bolies, pellets and of course tiger nuts. :(

11. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

use dead baits

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Pro Shad. Top left portal, 4th swim along. Thanks for all the suggestions 20190727_093446.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Nice haven’t got that boss yet going to try up there. Nice fish.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Forgot to add. Night, Rain and casting across the swim/bank to the left. Had a 450+ also. Plus some good pacu and siam carp on Ledger 20 years central with big baits just before the gravel.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Just before the gravel little ways out seems to be hotspot. Got a 531 arapaima. They take song long to get in have to take a break after catching them.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Yeah I had a late 400lb Ara and it seemed to take longer to get in that my biggest. Think 20 mins + for a video game is a bit over the top. Don't mind for the boss fish but the rest should be decreases however big they are.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Totally agree. I like that boss fish fight for longer times and tune down fight times of every other fish. It’s changing career mode because you wouldn’t be able to get in some of these fish in time period let alone multiple fish.

• Like Like x 2
  18. REN56

REN56 New Member

Hi all...

Lake Gilliam results from only a couple of relatively short sessions fishing there... in case this might prove helpful to anyone...

* Fishing with a single hand-held spinning rod setup only so far there... targeting Arapaima fish.
    * Using 50lb fishing line = good luck!!! (I lost all 3 of whatever I had hooked, the fish just laughed at me and ran off. If I’d been much, much more patient, *maybe* I could’ve eventually landed one after an hour later, who knows.)
    * With the 80lb fishing line = around 10 Arapaima hooked - *all* landed - none lost. Patience is a must! Expect a long wait as everyone has been saying... 12-16 minutes ballpark time. I left the drag set at 40 the whole time while the fish swam. It just wasn’t worth it to me to “fight” with higher drag and spend 10+ minutes and then have it snap off and lose the fish. I’m no expert (though I am at Level 183 <83 with 2 dots> and labeled as “Elite Angler”), so your mileage may vary by working the drag & fighting the fish to maybe save a minute or so and still not lose the fish.
    * Lure fishing *definitely* does work to catch large Arapaima fish as others have already said. I’ve also caught several large 42+lb Redtail Catfish (one over 60 lbs.) via lure fishing, they seem to enjoy the 5-inch Roach lure.
    * 5-inch “Booty Shaker”, 2-inch Deluxe Gold Frog (yes, no kidding!), & 4-inch Royale Pencil Bait (yes, no kidding!), and the 5-inch Roach swimbait lure. I can confirm catches of Arapaima fish with each of these 4 lures. Note that the “Booty Shaker” and the “Deluxe Gold Frog” lures both were obtained by purchasing the “Trophy Hunter Pack” (a DLC pack that is most definitely more than well worth the small amount of $ for it for what all you get in the pack that’s all excellent and high-end goodies!)
    * I used a 9-foot Sonik Magna Travel fishing rod with a Fitzgerald Stunner S3000 Spinning Reel... with the 80lb G Braid fishing line.
    * Several under 300 pounds caught. 1 @ 344 lbs. 1 @ 472 lbs. 1 @ 494 lbs. 1 catch was Trophy “Bhumibol” @ 561 lbs 8 oz. Add several more catches, including Trophy “P-something” (500+).
    * I’ve had successful catches from the 3 locations I tried (top left, top right & bottom right), and I saw no reason why any of the 4 locations wouldn’t work equally well.
    * I’m thinking the same about weather not being a big factor - but I think I had weather set to Clear skies and Sunset (because it looked really nice to me on that setting there @ Gilliam), also used Clear and Afternoon.

I hesitated about buying the “Giant Carp” DLC pack... but absolutely no regrets at all, other than I wish I’d gotten it without waiting after it was first released. Both locations included are absolutely beautiful!

I agree with the idea of speeding up (reducing) the time it’s taking to land all of the fish - in general, all things considered.

Finally... when not fishing on pegs with multiple fishing rods being used... if you haven’t tried it, go into the Settings and change the HUD to the middle setting labeled “Partial - No Bait Icons” and try fishing that way, you’ll wonder why you didn’t try it sooner, it looks & feels *so* much more realistic, nicer/better, less arcadish, more immersive, and it doesn’t take long at all to get used to it. Try it!

Happy fishing everyone! :)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 2