PlayStation Is There A Point Of Train Sim 2020?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Zammy Martínez, Jul 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zammy Martínez

Zammy Martínez Active Member

are we going to have to start again regarding all the data we have racked up on the current edition?
    Are you going to update anything that needed updating with the current game like the lack of AI traffic for example?

Like what was the actual point of a whole new game, you already charge us enough for dlcs, i dont get it.

Ima loyal fan but i just have certain expectations, and do the admin guys even look at all this, or do they ignore people like me or worst people?

2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

The core update is free if you have the original TSW, you don't buy it again.

All the info is laid out in the Dovetail Live article and in the various discussion topics already going on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

It's the same game just updated and a new name. As well as more features.

• Like Like x 1
  4. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

Without going down the TSW 2020 route, as they do with Train Simulator, we would be looking at TSW2, an entirely new game.

With the TSW2020 idea, you can own TSW but still get any new content you want as DLC. You get lifetime updates to routes etc and bug fixes.

If they went TSW2, TSW would no longer be supported and you would have to buy an entirely new game, or play one with no additional content, no updates and no fixes.

DTG probably do new games better than most companies in that respect!

Take a look at the Gran Tourismo series, every time a new game came out you had to buy the full thing. 3-4-5-6-GT....
    Progress reset, unlocked cars reset, lap times reset, all DLC null and void... What for? Some updated graphics, physics and the same tracks/cars?
    I put so much time into 5 and stopped getting the new ones.

Well done DTG for doing this TS style system.
    Best value for their customers, and keeps us buying!

• Like Like x 4
  5. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Honestly it’s less confusing if you just think of it as the same game with a update and a name change. Nothing else will change.

• Like Like x 2
  6. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

What's confusing is that TSW2020 is being released in 2019.
    TSW2019 & 2 thirds doesn't sound so catchy though. :)

On PC yes. My concerns on console is what's going to happen with future hardware release's. It does make me hold back on purchasing content not knowing if/how they will be supported.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Zac031

Zac031 New Member

So if I were to buy TSW19 for PS4 at a cheaper price as it’s now an old game, I would just have to buy the new dlc’s from TSW20 as a type of add on rather than just buying TSW20?

8. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

If you buy TSW now you will get the 2020 feature update for free. You can upgrade your route collection once TSW2020 has released to the new package at a reduced price if you would like or just get one of the routes your are interested in.

Its not really an "old" game. 2020 is just a little refresh. But since it might be in a sale currently it might be cheaper to get it now

• Like Like x 2
  9. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

Yes, that's exactly it.
    2019 will be cheaper, but will have couple of different routes to 2020. These routes can be bought as DLC to 2019 however, at a reduced price by the sound of it.

The routes that are the same in game should play the same and have the same features.
    It all depends what routes you want.

10. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Think of it as Train Sim World is the "front end" which the "content" runs in, so they're updating the front end (the menus, loading screens and a few other bits) but this has no impact on the content which in this case is the routes, consists, how the signals work etc

So what you're getting is an update to the front end, and maybe a difference in how some information is presented (ie the HUD might be different) but nothing much else.

With regards to pricing, the DLC prices won't change, the core engine won't change price, in fact I doubt if TSW2019 will be available online from the day 2020 is released
    What will change is that the routes bundled with 2019 will be available separately, and a new route will be available separate or as a bundle with 2020

11. Infinity Explorer

Infinity Explorer Member

Oh yeah 30 € per game, nice! My question still: will Sony accept too many 30 € DLCs for only one Game?!

12. ARuscoe

I think you've got it back to front. In this case there IS no game without the content. Literally there would be nothing to run, so when you're buying "the game" you're actually buying bundled content with a front end rather than a game with DLC

The difference is that ALL DLC in this game will run no matter what version of TSW you have. I can't think of that many other "revision series" where that's the case

13. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

I don’t about Sony, but Steam on PC allowed over €7000 of DLC for the original Train Simulator. So I assume there’s no limit.

14. TrainDriftIsLife12

TrainDriftIsLife12 New Member

Nice foreshadowing, DTG is so predictable. [removed by Protagonist - talking about piracy on the official forum...]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2020
  15. ARuscoe

Only if you bought every one without having them bundled in with routes (which many of them are) or on sale (which happens several times a year)

16. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Since this is a necropost I'll lock it here.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.