Baseless Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by raildan, Aug 16, 2018.

1. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

There are Express trains (known as "Baby Bullets"), and they do sometimes use the same rolling stock provided here, but since newer, different rolling stock was purchased specifically for that service (the MP36 and Bombardier coaches mentioned earlier), it's possible those services will be part of an MP36 DLC and not come with the base route.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

They should put both locos (FP40 and MP36) into the dlc route, if there isnt going to be freight... imo

3. raildan

I'm betting they'll go with the freight, though, instead. Besides, they can't really add the MP36 without also modeling the Bombardier coaches, which would be 4 driving cabs instead of the 3 they usually do and would get with the F40PH, gallery cars, and freight.

Either way, I'm sure the other will come as a DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. You can't really move anything on a railroad without a destination; routing systems require a destination. Constantly rolling trains with no stop would get expensive in a hurry, and no railroad wants to absorb that cost. I know spent nuclear casings get sent out to Yucca in Nevada; I'm not sure where the dirty dirt went, but they'll have probably used it to fill in an old coal mine or something, far from accidental human contact.

• Like Like x 3
  5. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Also the fact that we wouldn’t want tons of nuclear waste traveling at high speeds across America! They have underground facilities for nuclear waste.

6. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

But if there's not fast-moving trains loaded with nuclear waste with no one on board, where will B-movies get their inspiration?

• Like Like x 5
  7. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

First look at the new DLC, looking great and seems to capture Cali atmosphere pretty well:
    TSW2020_Caltrain.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  8. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

*Drools*

• Like Like x 2
  9. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

I love the look of those palm trees, and it's nice to see named engines. I wonder if the bicycle placard on the front is dynamic or not. Again, no working PIS boards on the platform, but that was to be expected, now. Also, it's very empty considering it looks to be the morning rush hour. For anyone who wants to compare it against the real deal - millbrae.jpg
    Have at it.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Elvin84

Elvin84 New Member

looking forward to new update and route dlc

11. shorti

shorti New Member

I hope they implement passenger announcments, like "please mind the gap".....:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

It's beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
  13. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

this road promises to be one of the most beautiful, I will take it on day D

• Like Like x 2
  14. Schnauzahpowahz

18 days :D

• Like Like x 4
  15. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I thought it was just me counting the days ;-)
    Yes, I'm totally feeling the anticipation

• Like Like x 1
  16. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I talk always about Caltrain, Caltrain, Caltrain, Union Pacific with my wife. She is becoming slowly angry about that.-:)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Schnauzahpowahz

Fourteen :o

• Like Like x 4
  18. docsnyder1911

In 12 days there will be Caltrain and Union Pacific day. What do you think, what will be the next locomotive add on for the Peninsula Corridor even if it takes a while. I think it will be simular like on TS. I think that would be very nice.

And the next route add on will be German I think. I bet they make a historic one, because the german stuff is all modern so far, not like the british stuff.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Railfan722

If the next DLC is German, then I suspect it might be the BR 294 for MSB as it's going to be in the base pack this year. Another guess would be the still-unannounced Rostock route.

• Like Like x 4
  20. docsnyder1911

Can we expect freight action in Rostock Stralsund and do you know if you can see the Baltic Sea from the route?

21. docsnyder1911

If they will bring out a german dieselshunter for MSB, RSN and the new german route that would be very nice and the highlight would be if they enabled freight action in RT from Dessau till Leipzig Nord.

22. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  23. docsnyder1911

I hope if Rostock to Stralsund will arrive, that there is an access to Rostock Port.

24. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

Please not Rostock Velgast (ca. 52 km, Rostock Stralsund ca. 71 km)

• Like Like x 1
  25. docsnyder1911

In the Steam DB App there where a achievement list that includes achievements for the the GP40 too. Are that achievements new?

26. CarlosBtz

CarlosBtz New Member

Those achievements are not new, they where added when the GP-40 was release.

• Like Like x 2
  27. docsnyder1911

Thank you for your info.

28. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Has there been any mention of the new features yet? are we going to get PIS or destination boards?

29. raildan

The new features look like they're just the new "Journey mode" and UI upgrades (including new scoring system). So not really those kind of features unfortunately.

30. Big Papi34

Hopefully. Maybe something British or American electric

31. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

DLC 18 should be Loco Add-on.
    My top whishes: CALTRAIN 'Baby Bullet' or DB BR 294

• Like Like x 2
  32. docsnyder1911

I would add a SD70 or an other heavy freight diesel locomotive equal if it is from GE or EMD.

33. seblay1608

Since TSW 2020, the Picture from Rapid Transit is revised: now the Talent 2 has a Logo from Bahnland Bayern and the Number of Train is 2442 716 (that's a Number from Werdenfelsbahn, not S-Bahn Mitteldeutschland)
    Is DTG working on Garmisch-Innsbruck or Munich-Murnau(-Garmisch)? Screenshot_2019-08-15-19-12-06-062_com.miui.gallery.png

• Like Like x 5
  34. raildan

Oh wow, that's... strange. Did they just forget to change a development texture for the Talent 2 or something? Very good catch.

I think Garmisch - Innsbruck seems most likely since it's the right length for a TSW route at 58 km, and it's even modeled in TS19 already. If that's the case, that's big news for everyone wanting a route in another country- it would make Austria the first country outside the US, UK, or Germany to be modeled in TSW! Ok, yes, only half of the route is even in Austria and it looks like we'd be using German rolling stock, but hey, still can't argue with that!

I wonder what the other rolling stock might be if this is the case? I wouldn't think they'd just use the Talent 2 and nothing else again... could we see an OBB locomotive or EMU? I have to look up more about this line, but it looks like they use the Talent 1 EMU on the Austrian side a bit and the TS19 version comes with an Austrian diesel locomotive as well as the Talent 2.

• Like Like x 2
  35. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

As most of us already know there will be an add on at some point which features a diesel loco for the Aschaffenburg port in MSB, well during the TSW 2020 livestream, someone asked Matt about the port in Aschaffenburg for MSB, and interestingly matt replied by mentioning "At some point there will be some diesels coming out" which seems to imply that more than one diesel will be coming. Just like how the BR freight pack and Switcher add on had two trains it seems the Aschaffenburg update will follow that trend which sounds good to me.

Timestamp for the livestream is 1:28:40 on YouTube.

• Like Like x 2
  36. raildan

Here is the image of the mysterious Talent 2 directly from Steam, compared to the original:
    Old:
    Header_(1).jpg
    New:
    header.jpg

While that person is conveniently blocking our view of where the blue logo is, you can see clearly that the number (AND COUPLER, just noticed) has changed. The original was 1442 716, this is 2442 718.

Probably doesn't mean anything, but the gray half of the picture is transparent on all the other DLC's. Maybe they finished the DB red on a trailing car and just got lazy and covered it up, I don't know.

Yeah, but how many diesels can really be used on MSB? A switcher for the docks, yeah, but all the mainline traffic is electric, right? [EDIT: no] Maybe the second diesel is for RSN (coal trains) or maybe it's actually a hint towards the possible new route above- the tS19 version of it did come with a diesel.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  37. Railfan722

It seems like DTG are trying to go back and get rid of that guy from the store thumbnails - Great Western Express is the only addon right now that still has the original. If you notice, it's exactly the same image, minus of course the new paint on the train. The only other thing that's changed is the TSW logo switching places with the train.

With regards to a diesel, I think locomotive packs are what DTG are currently aiming for. All of the other ones so far have added a switcher and a mainline engine. The BR Heavy Freight pack had the 08 and 40, the SW1000R (still trying to forget that one) had the titular switcher and Metroliner Cab Car, so it would be reasonable to assume that a "DB Freight Pack" of some kind is in the pipeline. The Class 294 has essentially been confirmed at this point, as it's referenced in the file list at the start of the post. Also listed there is the "Tadgs 959", a type of grain wagon. The 294 has been in the list for a very long time, so it's possible it will have service layering for more than one route, hence the extra dev time. However, a single locomotive and wagon do not make a pack. I think it is likely that a Class 232 will also come with it. Additionally, owing to the container and wood facilities at the port, the Roos-t from RSN and a new SGGRSS container wagon
    would be likely suspects for inclusion. Two new wagons isn't out of the question - the BR pack had the new oil tanker and box van.

One feature I'd love to see included with the 294 is remote control operation. All members of the class are fitted with it as part of an upgrade from the class 290. A long time ago when the website was still train-simulator.com, I asked if radio controlled trains were a possibility for TSW, with regards to CSX Heavy Haul, and the answer I received was "yes" if memory serves. I have no idea how it would work - perhaps a controller that you pick up from the locomotive desk?

As another aside, "Rostock" has been on the list for even longer. It's been floating around since at least January with the first list of files. If DTG are trying to keep an even number of routes for each country, Tees Valley has thrown a wrench in the metaphorical works - a German route would be next, possibly letting Rostock see the light of day. I would expect the announcement to come mid-October with a November release for the holidays.

• Like Like x 2
  38. seblay1608

I can't find the DLC "Rostock" since TSW 2020

39. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

header (3).jpg
    The NEC: New York one isn't transparent either.

40. Big Papi34

Do the f40ph do baby bullet services? Because service 386 is a baby bullet service.

41. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

You commonly see diesels under the wire in Germany. Sometimes they are international trains coming from a country with a different electricity system, but mostly these are hauled by multi-system electrics such as the 182, 185, 189 etc. today. Sometimes they are trains that somewhere along their route have an unelectrified segment. And indeed sometimes they are light and short-haul local freighters where they didn't bother to attatch a big electric engine for that short distance.

294 878-4 Neuß Hbf 17.04.2012.JPG 225 117-1 KR-Uerdingen 13.10.2009.JPG 628 663 Köln-Weiden West 14.02.2017.JPG 232 524-9 Düsseldorf-Wehrhahn 01.04.2016 01.JPG Northrail Oberhausen-Sterkrade 17.09.2018.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  42. raildan

From what I understand, I think *sometimes* the F40PH'S are used in baby bullet service, and sometimes the MP36's are used on locals. Not sure though.

Oh. Guess I wasn't on to something then.

Oh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. thearkerportian

I speculate that means there's another certain engine and coach set coming our way in the near future. DTG have just added the services so we can drive them already at least in the F40, and when said other engine is released, all they have to do is to mark these services as compatible and/or set the new loco as the standard rolling stock. Frankly, I think that's a good way to do it, gives us things to play with and reduces workload on them.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Big Papi34

Thats a logical speculation.

45. Amtrak131

Amtrak131 Active Member

The great thing about all this....is the ability to reuse these same engines and rollingstock as extras on other routes in the states whose agencies use them without having to create new ones. Metra, VRE, Go Transit etc. And when 3rd party painting addons are allowed we will see alot of designs.

46. thearkerportian

Apologies, I'll be more baseless next time :D

• Like Like x 5
  47. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

^ yep. I think "Baseless" is bot correction for BS as far as this thread goes.

48. raildan

Nah, never even realized that until you mentioned it.

Despite the name, logic and evidence ARE ok here... just so are random opinions on stuff with no evidence to back it up.

49. raildan

Actually, while I'm at it, I'm gonna baselessly speculate some more about the idea of a Mittenwaldbahn route in TSW. Prepare for useless rambling in 3... 2... 1...

First, while it is the same route found in TS19, I don't think it will have the same rolling stock- every time they've made a route in TSW that was available in TS19, they've changed the rolling stock, unless I'm missing an example. Second, they like reusing rolling stock to save time. Several recent routes have had 1 reused driving cab and 2 new ones, but based off of MSB I think they would gladly do 2 reused cabs and only one new one if they can. So my prediction for rolling stock in this possible route is, after some research...
    - Reused Talent 2 (DB red, 4-car version. Services: Garmisch (from Munich) - Seefeld or Innsbruck)
    - Reused Taurus (OBB red. Services: Any assorted freight? Not quite sure on this aspect but it doesn't seem like a big enough part of the route for them to make a new diesel just for this, and there is photographic evidence of these on this route)
    - New Talent 1 (OBB red; Services: Innsbruck - Scharnitz or Garnisch)

Something interesting (and possibly a loco DLC eventually) is that not only do ICE trains (ICE T trainsets, specifically) operate on this route, but they have 4 stops along it, which is enough for it to possibly make sense to play. It's not high-speed by any means as a quick glance of the route I may or may not have already started tracing in Google Earth out of boredom (it may not even ever come to TSW, but if it does I'll be ready) would make immediately clear, but it could be our first experience with an ICE in TSW.

And HOLY COW THE SCENERY. Just... WOW. This would immediately be the prettiest route in TSW by a long shot if it was actually made. Provided they don't, y'know, mess it up with more 2d sparsely populated trees or whatever. Remember what the "wald" in "Mittenwaldbahn" means, please, DTG! Apparently it means forest... and yes I only know that because of google translate. But still!

But I really have never been familiar enough with operations in these areas or really all of Germany and Austria to say what actually is common there and what rolling stock should be modeled to accurately represent operations there (my train nerd "expertise" has mostly been in North America). So really this opinion is really completely worthless and nobody should look at this and expect that it should come with the route.

...what am I doing. I have work to do. And even if I didn't, surely I could think of something more productive than this... anyways, bye!

• Like Like x 3
  50. thearkerportian

Don't forget DTG barely even cares about rolling stock accuracy in Germany, as pointed out truthfully by DB628 recently. There never were DoStos on RSN, there never were 143s on RSN, (nothing even remotely similar in fact), there were never 143s on MSB either. Letting us drive the class 37 on NTP however? Oh no no! The headlights are wrong for that!

• Like Like x 1