Passengers Should Dress According To Season

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rainynight65, Jul 21, 2019.

1. rainynight65

rainynight65 Member

I am observing that passengers seem to be wearing the same clothes all year round - fairly light spring/autumn dress. If I run a service in Winter through Germany, with the landscape covered in snow, that means it's cold - and I wouldn't expect people to walk around wearing t-shirts. But I look outside and about half the passengers on the platform are dressed way too light - a miracle they haven't turned blue yet.

It would be good if passengers could be dressed according to season and weather. Shorts in Summer, jackets and such in Winter, perhaps even break out the umbrella when it's raining. It would add to immersion and realism.

• Like Like x 17
  2. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

It's little features like this that makes the game even closer to real life.

• Like Like x 6
  3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Old --- no, v-e-r-y old suggestion (umbrellas have also been suggested when appropriate) that would add realism; but seriously, folks, we can't have everything. The characters do dress differently and have different facial characteristics in various countries (at least I think they do). I'd far rather have the TSW creators spend their time on more essential matters.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Same deal in Train Simulator but more obvious is none of the passengers have luggage, not so much as a briefcase, and everyone seems to be early middle-aged- no children, no elderly travellers.

Maybe they're all Geordie tourists.

5. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I think so to but Dovetails should really add station annoucments, animated station time display monitors and other things that will simulate a working railroad and then should work on the passengers apperance.

• Like Like x 4
  6. QNS Chris

QNS Chris Well-Known Member

Agreed. I also think they should assign attire accordingly for the time of day - i.e., business attire during the AM and PM rush hours, and casual during the day / off hours. It's a little strange to ride along in a Penn-bound AM rush hour train with a car full of people wearing hoodies, jeans, and yoga pants.

• Like Like x 2
  7. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

Also the passengers should have the ability to open the doors themselves example would be the br class 43 high speed train set on the great western railway dlc where the passengers can open the doors of the passenger cars of the train when they board and Leave the train.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

Right! Funny to see them walking in the rain like that :D:D:D:D

9. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

As long as we acknowledge that the probability of any of these realistic touches will ever materialize is probably below zero. After all, there are more serious matters to address. On the other hand, let's not stop asking for them every now and again.

10. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

Can we have some yoga pants example please :love::love:;)