Fishing Sim World Anyone Else Having Trouble...

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by Iceyvulgarity, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Iceyvulgarity

Iceyvulgarity New Member

Haven’t had any trouble catching bass during career mode up until now. Los Molinos Championship on Lago Del Mundo I’ve been lucky to catch maybe 3 bass for the first round but yet the computer competitors are reeling in 20+lbs worth of a catch in first round....will literally have bass jumping all around the boat but nope...seems to me this particular event is bugged...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Noticed same thing. Yeah I’m not sure if it is bugged but I’ve struggled with Lago in amateur, pro, and elite. I noticed it was cooler temps which may of had something to do with catch rate. Bestii for carp is same way only for carp career. I wish we could pick which events to include in the season. We purchase the DLC we should be able to have options to include or exclude them from season to season. I would exclude Lago for bass.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iceyvulgarity

Iceyvulgarity New Member

Yeah that’d be nice. I didn’t have too much of a problem at lago in the amateurs but in the pro it seems almost impossible. Best I’ve weighed in at for the first round was a little over 14 lbs and was still placed in 89th -.-

4. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

The levels go up so when you get to elite you need at least 32 lbs to finish top 3 in the round at the first lake. Pro is usually around 22. Only thing I have been able to do is scout ahead in practice but it may not be the same conditions and know where I’m going in a hurry and hope I catch a bass in the first 2 minutes and a big one before the time runs out which I have had way too many times a real big one on the line and time ran out. Horrible having a 15 lb bass on for 4 minutes just to lose it. I said in an earlier post I think they should implement sliders and one would be fish fight time so if you slide it to left it’s the quickest time to bring it in and if you slide it to the right it’s like bringing in an arapaima. If they implement the sliders game will be perfect with minimal patching. Then they can work on the stock ponds.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Iceyvulgarity

Iceyvulgarity New Member

Yeah fighting bass has become a little ridiculous in the game honestly. As someone who fishes any chance I get I find myself laughing at the bass fights in game. Even at 25% drag on a rod with 20lb test line reeling in a 5 lb bass is literally nothing lol. In game ohhhh no 2 lb bass will fight like it weighs 20lbs lmao

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Oh I agree I feel the smaller bass are harder in a lot of ways. IRL I use 8-10 lb test unless it’s heavy cover then I would go 12-20. In the game i use 14-20 Fluor and get a ton of strikes but wow it’s a workout to get the bass in. I did hear though they said they were tuning the landing times down at least for the bass. Muskies and Pike well that’s another story. Arapaima wow if you haven’t caught one of them yet they take sometimes over 20 mins.

7. HookinThemLips

HookinThemLips New Member

I flew through the first season with crazy bags but can't even place in second season or even offline tournies anymore.

8. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

I noticed same thing and on 3rd season repeated pro bass tour and tried different places to fish did ok but was horrible on Lago and Dylan. My second season was pitiful though. I did buy the heddon baby bass at start of 3 rd season and it caught me fish. On Elite you need different colors for all 3 rods because of the dynamic weather changes. One thing I did see was that the boat launch areas have fish try not to move to much and fish the area around the launch. On lake Williams I did win that on pro and elite because the fish were near the docks.

9. Iceyvulgarity

Iceyvulgarity New Member

And don’t even get me started on the twitching technique on the game lol

10. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Twitching? What’s that? Press the right trigger as fast as you can while reeling at 1 speed?

11. Iceyvulgarity

Iceyvulgarity New Member

12. novembr

novembr New Member

On a livestream they said they're looking on fixing/refining Twitching retrieval. To be fair the latest update did make retrieval recognition much better, from what I've noticed, so that's a good sign at least.

13. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Yeah let’s see what next update brings.

14. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

Thats good they are looking into the twitch retreival method as i found it harder to achieve correctly post update i can do all other retrieves fine with no problems it is just the twitching i cant get right since the update

15. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

The twitch is tricky. Try speed 2 or 3 hold left trigger and twitch with the right stick at a 1,2 count. Also there is a video on YouTube on this. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  16. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

See in the tutorial for retrievals to twitch the rod was RT on xbox so your now saying it is easier to acheive the correct technique for twitching using the right stick.

17. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Yeah I saw a video on YouTube and I tried it and it seems to work better or at least the twitch word comes up now.

18. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

Which Makes the predator tournament on Gillhams a bit pointless :)

19. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Yeah pretty much and carp is targeting the small common carp

20. davidjimm

davidjimm New Member

So here's what I finally figured out. I managed to catch about 40 pounds for the 2 days, and took second. Took me a week to figure it out.
    You can get in your boat and immediately stop the boat and start fishing. You should catch one 6 pounder with the "Yum Christy Craw Black Blue Flake". If you don't catch it after a couple of casts, restart. You have to catch that one.
    Then start the boat up, and head left down the bank. Watch the depth finder. When you see 3 large fish grouped together, stop and cast. Use the "Shockwave Bombshell", and use speed 6, stop and go. Stop for as long as the green stays on, when it turns red and then goes out start again. That worked for me. After you catch one, maybe 2 fish, start the boat and head down the bank and repeat the pattern. Look for 3 large fish, stop and cast. Worked for me on day one.
    The second day was tougher. The only thing they would bite on was the "Ratl-Trap-Lake Fork Special", and the bite was inconsistent. Same technique though. I fished the banks and looked for 3 large fish together.
    There are a LOT of other species in this lake, so I think the 3 fish together are largemouth, and the rest are something else. If you stop and try to catch the single large fish, I think you're not fishing for a largemouth.
    Good Luck!

One more thing, my tackle setup was 13 Prototype TX reel, Versa Braid Black 30# test, Sonik Magna travel rod.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1