19:48 Manchester To Leeds Express

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Jez, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

All running well through Standedge, Marsden. All greens through Marsden and then a red. No chance of stopping from 65 mph. No ambers. On Xbox One X. Using a Class 45. Tried it twice now as thought I might have not been paying attention. Fix please DTG.

2. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I gave this service a whirl yesterday on my PS4 and... no problem. Fairly uneventful up to Huddersfield where I arrived 3 minutes late. But the trip onwards to Leeds was quite interesting with a lot of double yellows, single yellows and even a couple of reds. I arrived 2 minutes late but I didn't encounter any red without a prior warning.

Now it could be that it's a Xbox only glitch but I was wondering since it's it's a dusky evening service maybe you are missing the distant semaphores in the dark? I'm not sure if you've got the next signal hud enabled, I haven't.
    There's also the wide spacing between signals too, sometimes a yellow is giving warning of a red a long distance away - although you did say you didn't see any yellows.

Or perhaps it's because I was running slightly behind time on the first section of the journey. I might try it again and give the Peak a bit of a thrash. Perhaps you could try the reverse and slow down a little.

3. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

I ran it in summer, so it was still light. No ambers. I don't have the next signal HUD enabled to replicate what a driver would react to. From memory, there's a home semaphore at Marsden and maybe another signal before the red I got caught at. Might try it again with the next signal HUD. I wasn't speeding but I was keen on the power after Marsden and only just got to 65 from the 40 and 55 limits before seeing the red. It reminded me when I was doing a speed comparison between the 40/45/47. Got tripped by the signal just before Standedge in the 40 and 45 without warning either but I was speeding quite severely.

4. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Okay. Doing it again now with the next signal HUD. The next signal after the green home starter at Marsden is red in the HUD. Looks like I'm catching a 2-car 101 but it's a way ahead. Ordinarily, I'd be well on the power accelerating up to 65 from the 40/55 limit. not knowing the next signal is red. IRL I'd expect the next signal to be yellow or green. Never a red. I brake after I see the red in the HUD and it clears straight to green after a while. Looks like the problem is signal HU709. It's a 3-aspect signal but it only shows red or green. It should have been showing me a yellow in the first runs.

5. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Ah, I never checked but that's what must have been giving the reds and yellows on my run. It certainly gave it a bit of variety though.

So it seems you may have traced the problem to that one signal either lacking a yellow or not correctly displaying it. It's best to go easy with the power handle around that area then!

(I do usually try to keep 4 or 5 mph below the limits)

6. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Yeah, I ended up chasing the 101 into Leeds mainly under yellows and even got held just before Ravensthorpe.

7. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Yes, I actually like chasing yellows and getting held at a reds but it's nice to have some warning!

8. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

That's not how any of this works!

That must be a bug.

9. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Sounds like we have very different driving styles. I'm on the power and up to line speed ASAP. Happy to use my extra 2 mph over the limit too, especially if I'm running late.

• Like Like x 1