PlayStation Longest Possible Csx Locomotive Consist - N.e.c. Section

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LiquidShadows, May 4, 2019.

1. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

Okay...so I have a weird question for y'all today. In the N.E.C. section, CSX yard, has anyone found the perfect time and settings to allow for the most locomotives on the map all at once? The most I've stumbled upon is seven and that was completely by accident. Is anyone else weird like me and likes to hook up ALL of the GP38's & GP40's they can find for maximum horsepower? Hahaha!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. LiquidShadows

***UPDATE***
    So, regarding the above topic, the most CSX locomotives I've been able to find on the map at once is 7 (6 at Oak Point Yard & 1 at nearly the bottom of the map on the siding. Sorry, I can't remember that area's name).
    So what I did was I started in Free Walk, set the time to 16:30, and set the location to Oak Point Yard.
    If anyone else can find an eighth locomotive, please let me know.

*SECOND UPDATE*
    I just discovered this a few days ago; if you just select scenarios and choose the Free Roaming section at the very bottom (I forgot what it's called, you can connect EIGHT GP38-2's for your power overkill enjoyment. Hahaha!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Hi! When I’m interested in testing stuff out with the CSX I use the last scenario for NEC. It’s free roam and your able to hook up as many locomotives and freight cars that you want! There is multiple locomotives but I’m not sure how many.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LiquidShadows

Okay, cool! That's good to know. Thanks, Matt!

• Like Like x 1
  5. matthewbguilford

Your welcome! I spent a long time wishing they had a mode where you didn’t have to worry about signals and could choose your own freight and where you wanted to go. That CSX scenario is exactly that. I wish they had the same thing for other routes!

• Like Like x 2
  6. LiquidShadows

EXACTLY! That's why I (and many, MANY others) would absolutely LOVE to see a port of the CSX: Heavy Haul add-on for the PS4 & XB1. But, apparently, it's "too labor and/or resource intensive for consoles"...or so I've been told about, ooooh, a hundred times. LOL!

• Like Like x 1
  7. matthewbguilford

Yes that’s the reason we have been told. Although I would think with what they have learned for making the console versions of the routes especially with the release of MSB I would think this would be much more possible now then when they first started developing for console. I think a lot of people would be okay with some optimization to get it running on console. At the same time I feel like they are just trying to look ahead and work on new content for consoles and PC! I still wish we would be able to have heavy haul one day!

• Like Like x 1
  8. LiquidShadows

Same. Fingers crossed, we'll get it one day.

• Like Like x 1
  9. matthewbguilford

I was playing around on free roam on NEC. I had a fun time making the freight as heavy as I could and hauling it with just one loco up the steep grades and I must say I had a fun time! I’ll have to hook as many locos as I can and see how much power I get from them!

• Like Like x 1
  10. LiquidShadows

Cool! Just make sure you set up the locos properly or they'll work against you.
    Here, save these; they'll help. They're not in order, so pay attention to the page numbers.
    ***This works for both GP38-2 and GP40-2 locos***
    Capture+_2019-05-09-14-11-08.png Capture+_2019-05-09-14-12-22.png Capture+_2019-05-09-14-12-48.png Capture+_2019-05-09-14-11-29.png Capture+_2019-05-09-14-11-58.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. matthewbguilford

Oh wow! Thank you for sharing those! It will be nice to know I’m setting them up right with such little details. Such as making sure the brake cut off valve is on freight for the lead locomotive . I will try this tonight!

• Like Like x 1
  12. LiquidShadows

No problem! You're very welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

Does anyone know the maximum number of freight cars that can be hooked up? I keep derailing the locos because my consist is too large.
    Great fun shunting around though. Can't wait for the next DLC with a class 08 and some wagons to shunt. It was great fun to use in WSR but the shunting of the odd passenger carriage is a bit limited.

15. LiquidShadows

Super late response. Sorry, my dude. The most cars I've been able to hook up AND have been able to actually move was around 50. Mind you, that was with EIGHT GP38-2's, and it takes forever to get the damn thing moving. Still fun as LOVE, though! Hahaha!

• Like Like x 1
  16. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

Haha that sounds epic!
    Half the fun to me is getting it all set up

• Like Like x 1
  17. LiquidShadows

For sure. I completely agree.
    Oh, I just realized that the forum changed my four-letter word starting with the letter "S" to the word LOVE. Hahaha! So lame.

• Like Like x 1