Wsr - Class 47 - 10:15

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TheCadManFan, Aug 1, 2019.

1. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

I've loaded up a Service that I started yesterday. I'm sat at the station ready to go. The 'load passenger' bar is full, but there's no prompt to close doors. I close the doors anway, and as I have both a green light and a speed limit, I pull away. At that point, I realise that I am on a mystery journey, as I am not told where my next stop is!

About 20 minutes i've been waiting at the station. I wasn't this early arriving at the station.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

That's your problem right there. Sometimes when loading a continue point the status, prompts and relevant start stop information doesn't appear for some reason. A glitch. I'm not sure if there's a way around it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheCadManFan

A random glitch? That sounds about right. I'm not always able to complete a Service in one sitting, so I save and continue later. I gave up waiting,. and restarted the Service.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

There have been issues when saving and starting again (some issue in the routing and signalling)
    Not heard anything on an update for this one but if I said TSx has the same issue...

5. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

It could really do with being looked into and getting fixed. It'll become even more problematic if/when we do get longer routes available.

6. ARuscoe

Not really. I don't actually see the point in really long scenarios as they just wouldn't happen in real life. The longest I can find is about two hours in a stint, so that's really the limit of the scenarios
    If people want to drive from one end of the country to the other then that's up to them, but DTG do tend to try to stick to what's real...

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheCadManFan

On the same Service, I am now stuck on a red light. 414 yards before Blue Anchor, just approaching signal #10.

8. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I had no problem with any service at WSR

• Like Like x 1
  9. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

Check the points at the far end of the line, switch them and see if your signal changes.
    The ONLY issue I had with WSR was a red signal on one service caused by points at the far end being incorrectly set for some reason.

10. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It’s the part to Norton Fitzwarren, you Must make the tracks correct, then the red signal goes into yellow

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheCadManFan

I fiddled around with all of the switches, and..... nothing, still red. If TSW is trying to test my patience, then congratulations.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. TheCadManFan

Tried again, only this time I ran the full Service in one sitting... no problems. Ok, so I arrived at the last station appox 6 minutes late, but at least I was able to get there this time.

• Like Like x 1
  13. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

I forgot to mention I don't save games because I found in GWE that you would often encounter a permanent red signal ages after loading a save state. This was so frustrating.

Probably what happened to you, I didn't realise you were loading a save state.

14. TheCadManFan

I think what might have upset the game, was me saving while the passengers were boarding the train. So when I loaded up my save, the game got confused. The load was complete, and I had a speed limit and green light, but no indication of my next stop. To avoid this, if I have to save now, it is either before or after a station.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ARuscoe

That would be an interesting point to be raised.
    Programatically I don't know if the "loading minute" gets accounted for in a save, and if the stop is not registered would you effectively need to load the save, then reopen the doors to log the stop and then it would work fine...

16. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

This sounds like an interlocking issue. This might not be like your issue, but I have tested the following:

Leave Minehead with the Class 47, and stop at Dunster using the straight air brake (useful for the 5mph approach). Unlock the doors. The yellow passenger loading roundel fills up. Just before it finishes, release the air brakes to 35%. This is not quite enough to stop the train rolling backwards on the grade of 0.4%. But it is enough to make the roll-back impossible to perceive. The speedo won't register it.

In short - if the train is not firmly held while loading passengers, the roundel pauses. And if you then leave, the roundel still waits for those passengers to board safely... even if you are long gone...

Maybe you nudged the brake after you loaded your save? Or maybe the brakes aren't on when you load from a save?