Fishing Sim World Things I'd Like To See In Fsw

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by omniblack0, Feb 19, 2019.

1. omniblack0

omniblack0 Member

. Day/Night cycle
    . Option to reverse/back up boat (also for trolling)
    . Camera angles when fishing or even when driving the boat around like side angle/sky cam/free cam etc...
    . Option to end fight early especially when the fish is right next to boat instead of it bumping it's head into the side of the boat a hundred times.
    . More weather. Light fog, Dense fog, Heavy clouds, Distant thunderstorms. Heat wave etc.
    . Water dripping from the fish, would probably make them look more realistic out of the water.
    . In addition to bass/fish jumping while fighting them I personally would like to see them thrashing around while fighting them, not just with the bass but other fish as well would be a nice touch to the fish fighting mechanics.
    . Gestures for Multiplayer modes. such as waving hello to the other players, showboating, tipping your hat in a "howdy" fashion, taking a bow, etc
    . More activities to do while peg fishing - Maybe being able to sit down while waiting for a strike...
    . A way to fishing on the off limit areas. I've noticed some areas of the lakes are inaccessible on the map but seem like areas that could be fished.
    . Use the right and left buttons on the D-Pad to control reeling type. as in: constant, slow constant, stop & go, twitch, slow twitch etc instead of it being automatic.
    . 1st person camera while driving the boat.
    . More casting methods/techniques. Sidearm or One handed roll cast, Skip cast, Pitch flip cast.
    . Custom Music for PC players. Sorry console players I don't think there's a way for custom music on consoles yet. :( But it would be nice to play the game with music from older fishing games. Top Angler OST is a personal fav of mine.
    . Proper weigh-in cutscenes for bass tournaments in Career Mode or Offline/Online tournaments similar to the way they did in (SNES) Super Black Bass. Here's are video links for examples:

Will update when I think of more things

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  2. joe_yliniemi

joe_yliniemi New Member

With the update that downloaded last night, I noticed that there is reverse on the motor (Left Trigger) it is not fast but at least the bat does go in reverse.
    The option to end the fight early would be nice, I can see playing a fish out depending on the species, but for bass, reel them in and grab the lower lip and bring it on board.
    I do have one question though, when fighting a fish and you have the rod pulled back, why on earth do you reel so slow if at all?

I know from real life when bass fishing I do not stop reeling at all, in fact I reel in at about the same speed if not faster all the way in. Where I live the bass only get so big (under 10 lbs, due to climate) and I use 15-20lb test line, drag set as tight as it will go, and I do not spend near the amount of time to bring in a 4-5 lb. bass as it does in the game.

• Like Like x 2
  3. omniblack0

omniblack0 Member

Yea I noticed the reverse also though it is a bit slow but better than nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  4. omniblack0

omniblack0 Member

was thinking about things that could be improved with Catch Summary this morning.

• Filters would be a nice addition to the Catch Summary.
    example: sort by weight, length, species etc. that way we can tell what our top 5 biggest catches are easier. idk why this wasn't already implimented but would be nice to have.

• View fish in Catch Summary
    A way to view the actual fish caught w/display of fish
    like you could tap the A button to bring up a screen with display of specific fish in the Catch Summary menues that gives better info/detail about what lure, rod, line, bait used in the catch.

Just more overall QoL improvement would be nice. I will post more suggestions when I think of them

- Omni

• Like Like x 1
  5. redroy

redroy New Member

An aspect I feel needs to change is the predator fish hitting certain bait, for example; casting Lilly pads with a frog shouldn’t really produce walleye, I fish walleye personally and yes they are a predator, but you pretty much never hear of one top watering in Lilly pads. Or crappie that are only .5 lbs wouldn’t really go after the 6” pro shads, just saying a few little things could change. Is that super picky? Maybe. But it’s a really good game I my opinion and theses little changes could make it better.

• Like Like x 1
  6. omniblack0

omniblack0 Member

Was wondering if importing of custom music would be possible on the PC version? Obviously it wouldn't be on the consoles. Something like where we can have radio stations with our whatever music we like and or Background Music so we could maybe import tracks from other fishing games such as SNES Super Black Bass, Fish Strike etc. Not sure if this is feasible or not but sounded like a good idea. I guess like most they sound good on paper/text but aren't always the best.

- Omni

7. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Been saying this since euro fishing why do you reel so slow.

50lb line 6 lb fish reel in in seconds not mess about all day

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

I’d like to see Flatters Lures and artificial shrimps Lures for Bass (see my post in “functionalities request”) and more one carp lake, like Sarl Selc Cavagnac Lake, with pike and grass carp too! Also.....Fly Fishing for trout, new fish to FSW, right?
    I’d like to see too Fishing Net (see my post...too!). Big Nets for Big Cats. Triangular Net for carp!
    I think FSW pushes too much of Xbox One S, and PS4 Slim (because PS4 “Fat” or “original” has big coolers). We need Console optimizations. I’d like to see up to 45 fps in the game!

• Like Like x 1
  9. omniblack0

omniblack0 Member

Bumping so the Devs see this (hopefully) added some more suggestions.